• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O.T. Alabama or Ohio State

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone here really think osu deserves a nod over bama? personally, i think the whole thing is ridiculous and merely a made up question media is pushing for readership & viewership sake.
a 2 loss ohio state team (losses to okla and an unranked iowa) does not stand a chance against a 1 loss alabama (loss to auburn)! period!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. 2 teams from the same conference should never get in. Too many teams and not enough head to head power 5 cross conferences matchups to have any idea how good a conference is. This is Michigan-Ohio st all over again. Espn tells you how good 2 teams from the same conference are and they both got destroyed in their bowl games. This isn't your normal bama team. Their offense struggled against any team with a pulse. Wisconsin resume is almost mirror image of bama. It should've been between Ohio st and USC for final sport

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say that either team should have gotten in over the other. It was a toss up to me and the big loss to Iowa cost OSU a shot. I expect Alabama will get beat by Clemson.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State has wins over #6 #9 and #16.

Alabama has a win over #17

Yes, Ohio State should have been in.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State has wins over #6 #9 and #16.

Alabama has a win over #17

Yes, Ohio State should have been in.

Probably the only thing that made it close. I think Alabama will prove they shouldn't have gotten in when they lose to Clemson

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add that Alabama getting in is a good thing for Notre Dame, because it proves conference championships aren't the be all end all to get in to the playoffs.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add that Alabama getting in is a good thing for Notre Dame, because it proves conference championships aren't the be all end all to get in to the playoffs.

This is the reason I was hoping for Bama to make it in over Ohio State. That’s two years in a row that teams that didn’t even make it to a conference championship game made it to the playoff. This should put an end to the argument that ND doesn’t even play the 13th game that the other top teams play and therefore shouldn’t qualify for the championship.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think alabama will take it all. ohio state would have been slaughtered by clemson.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think alabama will take it all. ohio state would have been slaughtered by clemson.

Not so fast my friend, Clemson has been playing superior football for weeks now and that is a game that is going to be very difficult for Alabama to win.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast my friend, Clemson has been playing superior football for weeks now and that is a game that is going to be very difficult for Alabama to win.
unfortunately we won't know the answer to this for another month! :p

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oklahoma is going to win it all.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is this debate is great for quashing the arguments that ND should be in a conference. Alabama didn’t even win its division, let alone a conference championship and they’re in.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is this debate is great for quashing the arguments that ND should be in a conference. Alabama didn’t even win its division, let alone a conference championship and they’re in.

The conferences do have an advantage over Notre Dame because of the conference championships, but it's damn sure not a requirement.

I don't know why people want to claim the selection was bad for football. It was great for college football. This guy nails it.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conferences do have an advantage over Notre Dame because of the conference championships, but it's damn sure not a requirement.

I don't know why people want to claim the selection was bad for football. It was great for college football. This guy nails it.

I agree, but you probably don’t get to constantly hear that ND has an advantage because we don’t have to play the 13th game (no matter how weak 1-2 of the teams we play are). This selection along with Ohio State last year shows that the 13th data point isn’t important. It simply makes up for the fact that some teams schedule teams like Utah State or Mercer. And that’s why I like alabama’s Selection this year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but you probably don’t get to constantly hear that ND has an advantage because we don’t have to play the 13th game (no matter how weak 1-2 of the teams we play are). This selection along with Ohio State last year shows that the 13th data point isn’t important. It simply makes up for the fact that some teams schedule teams like Utah State or Mercer. And that’s why I like alabama’s Selection this year.

The 13th data point is important, but it's just that - the 13th data point. It just doesn't trump or erase the previous 12 data points as some like to claim.

Notre Dame plays a tough enough schedule that they'd make it without the game. The only way it would be different is like if you have 4 undefeated teams etc.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 13th data point is important, but it's just that - the 13th data point. It just doesn't trump or erase the previous 12 data points as some like to claim.

Notre Dame plays a tough enough schedule that they'd make it without the game. The only way it would be different is like if you have 4 undefeated teams etc.

Being undefeated didn’t help UCF. I think part of that is that they had no quality wins (I don’t see 62-55 over Memphis as a quality win), coupled with the fact that they have no national following or fan base. Alabama, Georgia, Clemson and Oklahoma are all big name programs. UCF was ranked 12th, pretty sad for an undefeated BCS team. If they beat Auburn, it will send an interesting message to the committee for the future.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being undefeated didn’t help UCF. I think part of that is that they had no quality wins (I don’t see 62-55 over Memphis as a quality win), coupled with the fact that they have no national following or fan base. Alabama, Georgia, Clemson and Oklahoma are all big name programs. UCF was ranked 12th, pretty sad for an undefeated BCS team. If they beat Auburn, it will send an interesting message to the committee for the future.

UCF doesn't even being to compare to the schedule strength ND has. It's not even remotely close. UCF this year played the #108th hardest schedule in FBS, and that is with the added game(took them up from #109).

ND this year = 6th toughest in college football.

Apples and Oranges. UCF was accurately ranked. Probably 15-20 teams would have gone undefeated on that schedule. Undefeated ND on your schedule is #1 by a mile. Even if you had only 1 loss to Georgia you are still in - over Alabama.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF doesn't even being to compare to the schedule strength ND has. It's not even remotely close. UCF this year played the #108th hardest schedule in FBS, and that is with the added game(took them up from #109).

ND this year = 6th toughest in college football.

Apples and Oranges. UCF was accurately ranked. Probably 15-20 teams would have gone undefeated on that schedule. Undefeated ND on your schedule is #1 by a mile. Even if you had only 1 loss to Georgia you are still in - over Alabama.

I agree with you, that’s why I think a bunch of undefeated teams won’t mean anything to the playoff committee if they are against weak opponents. The last thing that I want to see is the playoff incentivizing teams to fill their schedule with cupcakes. I like the fact that Alabama played FSU, Florida played Michigan and Georgia played ND.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe my choice has been vindicated. it would have been a large injustice had ohio state been chosen over alabama.

and bama is going to tear georgia a new one!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe my choice has been vindicated. it would have been a large injustice had ohio state been chosen over alabama.

and bama is going to tear georgia a new one!

Maybe, maybe not it's why they play the game.