• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY Mets. May 2018.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets bounce back to win the nightcap 8-5.

After nearly 2 hrs I gave up waiting to watch this one before the 1st pitch was even thrown that eventually turned into a 3 hour rain delay for the 2nd game...and focused instead on watching the warriors/rockets game 7...which was amazing.

The Goods:
Mets rally in Game 2 to split doubleheader

Recap:
Mets vs. Braves - Game Recap - May 28, 2018 - ESPN

Box:
Mets vs. Braves - Box Score - May 28, 2018 - ESPN

UP NEXT:
Mets: LHP Steven Matz (2-3, 3.80 ERA) who is 4-0 with a 2.97 ERA in six career starts against Atlanta gets the start on Tuesday.

Braves: RHP Anibal Sanchez (1-0, 1.29) will come off the disabled list to make his third start. He's missed 37 games with a right hamstring strain.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alderson one one helluva an off season

Vargas - God awful for the 2nd half of last year and picked up right where he left off.

Bruce - Seemed a reasonable signing but he's been beyond terrible.

Frazier - Solid guy but hurt.

The reliever whose name I can't spell has been hurt which for a guy his age is to be expected.

Bring on Omar

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alderson one one helluva an off season

Vargas - God awful for the 2nd half of last year and picked up right where he left off.

Bruce - Seemed a reasonable signing but he's been beyond terrible.

Frazier - Solid guy but hurt.

The reliever whose name I can't spell has been hurt which for a guy his age is to be expected.

Bring on Omar

1. I agree on Vargas...he's pathetic.
2. Bruce has pretty much always been a better 2nd half player stat wise.
3. Frazier will be back soon hopefully. Hamstring injuries can be problematic & linger.
4. If you're thinking of Swarzak...he's only 32.
5. Fuck Omar.

LGM!
YGB!
:thumb:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets lead 4-0. Rbi double by Bautista in the 1st...2 run HR by Cabrera in the 3rd and a solo blast by Gonzalez in the 4th.

Matz was cruising along then suddenly in the bottom 4th something wasn't right with his pitching hand. The trainer came out for a look, so Callaway removed him and summoned Sewald from the pen...who just allowed a leadoff double and a 1 out rbi single...and now another double.
It's a 4-1 game, 2nd & 3rd with only 1 out....
.....then a 2 out walk to load the bases.

WTF!!!

I wouldn't be shocked if Albies clears them all here...:L

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha I stepped away to cook some dinner and came back to a meltdown.

Typical Callaway/Mets waiting till the late innings to give away the lead and another winnable game in the process.

Rhame loads the bases...still no outs.

This surely will not end well.

Game tied, 2 outs.

LMFAO.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cursed is putting it mildly....

Another excruciating day for a Mets team that seems downright cursed.

Johan Camargo homered with one out in the bottom of the ninth inning Tuesday night to give Atlanta a 7-6 win over the Mets, who squandered a pair of four-run leads and lost two more pitchers to injuries.

Before the game, the Mets placed Noah Syndergaard on the 10-day disabled list with a strained ligament in his right index finger. Then, in an almost surreal development, fellow starter Steven Matz had to leave with discomfort in his left middle finger after throwing three scoreless innings while New York built a 4-0 lead .

Matz said he hurt his finger in the top of the fourth, when the bat flew out of his hand on a swing. He wound up doubling in that at-bat, but began to feel some pain in his finger while standing on second base. It didn't improve when he went back to the mound.

"It's real unfortunate," Matz said. "I know the bullpen has really been working their tails off, throwing a lot of innings. I was feeling really crisp out there. It's just frustrating. It really is. But there's nothing you can do."

X-rays were negative, but it's not known if the injury might affect Matz's next scheduled start.

The Mets were up 6-3 after 7 when the Braves rallied for 3 in the 8th and 1 in the 9th.

Mets vs. Braves - Game Recap - May 29, 2018 - ESPN

and if that wasn't bad enough......

With Syndergaard out, struggling LHP Jason Vargas is moving up a day to start Wednesday's series finale. Vargas threw only 67 pitches in his last outing Saturday, so the Mets decided to give him another shot on just three days of rest. He is 1-3 with a 10.62 ERA in five starts, having allowed 34 hits, six homers and 10 walks in 20 1/3 innings.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I agree on Vargas...he's pathetic.
2. Bruce has pretty much always been a better 2nd half player stat wise.
3. Frazier will be back soon hopefully. Hamstring injuries can be problematic & linger.
4. If you're thinking of Swarzak...he's only 32.
5. Fuck Omar.

LGM!
YGB!
:thumb:

I was thinking about Swarzak. 32 can be old depending on the amount of innings on someones arm. I actually liked the signing but I'm not paid to figure these things out