• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Minor move as Raptors ready to see Anthony Carter go
by Doug Smith

The Anthony Carter era with the Raptors lasted less than a season.

The Raptors are going to try to either move the veteran guard in some transaction or release him in the next week and a half, according to a team source.

Carter served his purpose in a 37-game stint with the Raptors, providing some veteran leadership and filling in as an emergency third-string point guard.

But a desire to use even more youth and wanting to let Carter see if he can hook up with a playoff-bound team if he’s eventually released, led to Tuesday’s move.

The source said there was no one moment that precipitated the move – Carter’s missed the last three games with a stomach muscle problem – and that Carter had done what was expected of him in helping “change the culture” around the team.

Nor should the move be seen as a precursor to any other move; the Raptors are still not expected to be big players leading up to the March 15 NBA trade deadline.

However, if they can find a taker for the 36-year-old Carter and get some kind of asset in return, a minor transaction is possible.

The move also gives the Raptors an open roster spot but there was no indication any move was imminent to fill it.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
seriously who the hell would want the guy, team had forbes ahead of him at one point in the season and forbes isnt even a pg.

3 FA pgs i would look at before carter:

william L solomon

a roko ukic

and steve francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like how the Raps still think Carter has value for a trade after people find out they're planning on releasing him in a week and a half anyway. Let's see how Used Car Salesman spins this. If he can get us a second rounder for Carter, I'll never question his $8,000 suits again.