• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non-Mariners/Ex-Mariners News

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill actually go glass half full on this and say I think Marco has put together a solid season so far. I still think his ultimate ceiling is a #3ish guy which if you are comparing just the ceiling on the two, O'Neils is a lot higher.

It will be interesting to watch this play out. If Marco ultimately ends up being a 3 WAR guy with a FIP under 4 then I think the M's are still looking ok. Especially when you consider Leake and Felix aren't doing much. With Marco still with BABIP against of .380 and decent K and BB %s I am hopeful that he can sustain what he's done

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill actually go glass half full on this and say I think Marco has put together a solid season so far. I still think his ultimate ceiling is a #3ish guy which if you are comparing just the ceiling on the two, O'Neils is a lot higher.

It will be interesting to watch this play out. If Marco ultimately ends up being a 3 WAR guy with a FIP under 4 then I think the M's are still looking ok. Especially when you consider Leake and Felix aren't doing much. With Marco still with BABIP against of .380 and decent K and BB %s I am hopeful that he can sustain what he's done

Not trying to rehash this deal but it is still idiotic. They dealt O'Neill for 1 1/2 of Marco when I cannot imagine how they couldn't have dealt lesser prospects for Marco. Marco was essentially the Cardinals version of Vogelbach.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to rehash this deal but it is still idiotic. They dealt O'Neill for 1 1/2 of Marco when I cannot imagine how they couldn't have dealt lesser prospects for Marco. Marco was essentially the Cardinals version of Vogelbach.

The part I love about this is when fans and writers back DIP by saying Marco was their top pitching prospect just a year ago before the injury. If the Cards, who know pitching, truly believed he was going to be the man after recovery, why would they trade him for a slugger when they had a full outfield already? They knew his ability better than anyone so...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyman's Latest: Arrieta, Reds, Morales

Speaking of winter what-ifs, Heyman adds the Mariners, Braves, and Dodgersto the list of teams that had interest in signing Lorenzo Cain before the center fielder inked a deal with the Brewers. Seattle had a clear need for center field help prior to the Dee Gordon trade, though the other two wouldn’t seem to be obvious fits on paper for Cain’s services. The Braves already have Ender Inciarte in center, plus they needed to trade Matt Kemp to make room for Ronald Acuna’s eventual promotion; potentially, Cain could’ve been a fit if Atlanta had managed to trade Nick Markakis (and then convince Cain to shift to right field). For the Dodgers, signing Cain would have run counter to their plan of getting under the luxury tax threshold, plus L.A. would’ve had to give up two draft picks and $1MM in international bonus pool funds as compensation for signing Cain. It’s also possible, of course, that both the Braves and Dodgers merely had a due diligence-type of interest in Cain given that his free agent stint stretched into late January.

Always liked Cain, but players of his type generally have a pretty steep fall off once they reach their early to mid 30s and the contract Cain signed would be paying him $18m at age 36.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part I love about this is when fans and writers back DIP by saying Marco was their top pitching prospect just a year ago before the injury. If the Cards, who know pitching, truly believed he was going to be the man after recovery, why would they trade him for a slugger when they had a full outfield already? They knew his ability better than anyone so...

Well obviously since the Cards have such a history of trading away their best prospects and getting screwed on trades. What Ankiel went through was worse than Marco and they kept him around as an OF.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one bites the dust......

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think we are ultimately gonna need until at least end of next year to have a strong feel for this. O’Neil has had a great week but we will see. I also hated the deal at the time. But honestly Marco has been about as solid as you could hope for so far. Basically higher floor but lower ceiling the. O’Neil ultimately

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think we are ultimately gonna need until at least end of next year to have a strong feel for this. O’Neil has had a great week but we will see. I also hated the deal at the time. But honestly Marco has been about as solid as you could hope for so far. Basically higher floor but lower ceiling the. O’Neil ultimately

My thing, isn't so much that it is Marco, it is Marco's situation. He was a broken rental as they only control him until this off-season for your 3rd best prospect. If Jerry couldn't have gotten Marco (scraps to St Louis) for a lesser package then he wasn't doing his job. Which I think he got caught up with his drug (roster moves) and just made a deal without even thinking.

His post trade remarks is why that is my firm belief. I hated the deal but him going all fake news on fans and baseball writers who laughed at the deal just bugged me and to this day does. I'm glad Marco is a Mariner but I just think Jerry made an utterly piss poor trade that should have costed him his job.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing, isn't so much that it is Marco, it is Marco's situation. He was a broken rental as they only control him until this off-season for your 3rd best prospect. If Jerry couldn't have gotten Marco (scraps to St Louis) for a lesser package then he wasn't doing his job. Which I think he got caught up with his drug (roster moves) and just made a deal without even thinking.

His post trade remarks is why that is my firm belief. I hated the deal but him going all fake news on fans and baseball writers who laughed at the deal just bugged me and to this day does. I'm glad Marco is a Mariner but I just think Jerry made an utterly piss poor trade that should have costed him his job.

I thought he had much more control then this year. I thought he had at least thru 2021. Obviously if it’s just this year then my thinking changes. Because ultimately if I was Dipoto I’d probably say a young controllable arm has more value then a power hitting corner OF prospect. But if it truly was a rental then yeah it makes a lot less sense

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The poor guy is probably so nervous he just swings at whatever is coming at him. His P coach needs to have him take a deep breath and try and have some fun playing baseball. :nod:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pro football players are the greatest athletes? Clay Matthews of Green Bay needs to stick to the lesser violent game of football and stay away from the more physical game of softball...

Broken Nose and needs surgery....ouch!