• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No MVP or Cy Young Winners 1920-2010 MLB Draft : CHAT

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is simply freakin awesome!

Thank you, he loves it. Best thing is, he got to see older kids compete and now knows he has to work even harder if he wants to win again next year.

His grand master was the Olympic champion in 2004, and he told Justus he could be in the Olympics if he worked hard, so that’s what he wants to do.

He was also invited to join his school's demo team, which is only for the best students in the school. He’s very excited. In fact he’s still up running through his poomsae, despite being sent to bed an hour ago.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, he loves it. Best thing is, he got to see older kids compete and now knows he has to work even harder if he wants to win again next year.

His grand master was the Olympic champion in 2004, and he told Justus he could be in the Olympics if he worked hard, so that’s what he wants to do.

He was also invited to join his school's demo team, which is only for the best students in the school. He’s very excited. In fact he’s still up running through his poomsae, despite being sent to bed an hour ago.

Congratulations to him that is awesome. He must be so happy and that profile picture you can see him beeming. My wife and I just talked about getting my son into karate. Our only hold up is his kidney. We can’t risk someone hitting his only kidney. We learned he wouldn’t be sparing (think that’s the term) with other kids but only sparing against the instructor. Any tips for us? Since your son joined did he want to fight more or did it teach him discipline? We also worry he would go around trying to us his karate on other kids. So happy for your son and wish him continued success.

Ps. My son was going to join @UK Cowboy & his son’s Cobra Kai gym but the sign up line was around the building and it was over $20,000vCash per lesson.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to him that is awesome. He must be so happy and that profile picture you can see him beeming. My wife and I just talked about getting my son into karate. Our only hold up is his kidney. We can’t risk someone hitting his only kidney. We learned he wouldn’t be sparing (think that’s the term) with other kids but only sparing against the instructor. Any tips for us? Since your son joined did he want to fight more or did it teach him discipline? We also worry he would go around trying to us his karate on other kids. So happy for your son and wish him continued success.

Ps. My son was going to join @UK Cowboy & his son’s Cobra Kai gym but the sign up line was around the building and it was over $20,000vCash per lesson.
In my experience, it doesn't make kids want to fight more. It's kind if like raking a concealed handgun course. It doesn't make you want to shoot people more, it just helps ensure the bad guys get shot

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted Stoke

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my experience, it doesn't make kids want to fight more. It's kind if like raking a concealed handgun course. It doesn't make you want to shoot people more, it just helps ensure the bad guys get shot

I took 2 lessons of tae kwon do when I was 9. I was incorrect that this made it so my older brothers could not pick on me anymore.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TaeKwondo, and I assume in karate too, is all about respect. There isn’t much room for undisciplined fighting, but Justus isn’t one to fight anyway - he’s been the target of 2 attacks this year and he refuses to fight back because he’s afraid he can hurt the other kid. Just a personality thing, he is reluctant to spar, even in full gear, except against his master. Our school's 6 character goals are:

1) I will respect my parents
2) I will obey your parents
3) I will respect my brothers and sisters
4) I will make good friends
5) I will make good decisions
6) I will earn my black belt

The greatest thing that this has done for him has been his confidence has shot through the roof. Even before this competition, he was feeling he could accomplish anything.

Justus' competition was not for sparring. He did board breaking and poomsae (form). He was judged for technical accuracy. His master didn’t think they had spent enough time sparring yet, so he requested no one in his age group to sign up.

This has been the best thing we’ve ever done for him. He loves it, he’s good at it and he’s a better kid for it. Our master is beyond amazing, and what we saw at the competition yesterday, that’s probably the norm, not the exception.i highly recommend a martial art, TaeKwondo specifically, but karate if that’s all you got (had to sit through a teen trying to convince his 7 year old sister of all the reasons he thought his karate was so much superior to her TaeKwondo).

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I’m off for the day. After his competition last night, my wife found out that her mother was admitted to the hospital with what is suspected to be terminal bone cancer (they’ll know for sure tomorrow). I am going around their property today to see what I can do to make their lives a little easier.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I’m off for the day. After his competition last night, my wife found out that her mother was admitted to the hospital with what is suspected to be terminal bone cancer (they’ll know for sure tomorrow). I am going around their property today to see what I can do to make their lives a little easier.

Son of a bitch, it's like at least once a year something horrible is happening to someone in your life or someone you know... Seriously praying for Mrs Stoker and her mother...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have add/drops and so do others

Please post them here...

I just got back a couple hours ago from the March for Babies so I might take a little nap, lolzzz...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will text 500, Sushi & Devil to see if they have changes...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took 2 lessons of tae kwon do when I was 9. I was incorrect that this made it so my older brothers could not pick on me anymore.
TKD is great for flexibility, coordination, and discipline, not much help in a real fight though.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made the changes to 500's rotation that he wanted, just waiting on Sushi and tRobot

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKD is great for flexibility, coordination, and discipline, not much help in a real fight though.

And if you're trying to meet hot Korean girls! :yes:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made the changes to 500's rotation that he wanted, just waiting on Sushi and tRobot

Per Sushi: For add drops can you add walker cooper -c. And drop mike sweeney.