• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No deadline set for Coyotes new franchise

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rochelle Rochelle division needs to include Milan and Minsk
Who are we kidding, there would be a Bin Salman division first with teams in Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Bahrain and Jeddah. Think of the cross marketing opportunities with F1 and LIV golf!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are we kidding, there would be a Bin Salman division first with teams in Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Bahrain and Jeddah. Think of the cross marketing opportunities with F1 and LIV golf!

You think slashing and spearing is bad now, wait until you see these teams!!

/Too soon?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
qhbcuu5dhg0b1.jpg

This is Clayton Keller's dad.

Clayton's new deal has not kicked in yet.

Going full Bonnie and Carl already?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just following up on a possible NHL team in Minsk, @Comeds would be happy to see the return of the Kostitsyn brothers.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think slashing and spearing is bad now, wait until you see these teams!!

/Too soon?
bring in Doc Emrick to do play by play for the new Saudi team and use his wacky non hockey lingo descriptions

"Pietrangelo just bone sawed him!"

/maybe too on the nose :think:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go to Salt Lake are black people going to be allowed to be part of the coaching and front office staffs? Would team officials sign deceased players from other teams so they can always and forever be a Salt Lake ___?
I hope not!

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine that Winter Classic played outside - in a sand storm.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just following up on a possible NHL team in Minsk, @Comeds would be happy to see the return of the Kostitsyn brothers.
Did you ever see The Fabulous Kostitsyn Brothers? That scene with Olga Korbut on the piano was hot!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'd love to see the league expand 6 or 8 teams.
a) Surrey had better get cracking on the 60,000 seat arena
b) Bring in relegation. And i say that as the fan of a team in danger of being relegated

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to go to a Yotes playoff game in 2001 (Game 4 vs the Avs). Got to wear this little jewel to the game...

Cup_Cap.png
Once we got past the "Oh shit - not a damn Stars fan" moments, we had a blast. I do feel for those fans. Because they were and I presume are damn good ones.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to go to a Yotes playoff game in 2001 (Game 4 vs the Avs). Got to wear this little jewel to the game...

View attachment 328807
Once we got past the "Oh shit - not a damn Stars fan" moments, we had a blast. I do feel for those fans. Because they were and I presume are damn good ones.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seravalli noted that the opposition to the vote spent about $2 mil on ads etc. against it while the NHL/team spent about $250k total to support it.

You go 20 years losing a fuck ton of money nonstop and when you think you have a no shit solution on the horizon NOW you cheap the fuck out and you're surprised you lost?

Bettman is the actual worst.

Darren Dreger (grain of salt) think Salt Lake City is in the mix leaving Houston/Atlanta to be expansion candidates (big time dollars) down the road...

22nd largest metro area in the US, growing steadily, has a facility and willing ownership, extremely white, has some kind of hockey base with the ECHL Grizzlies, fanbase in town has been passionate about the NBA team forever...I've seen a few comments here shitting on it but it wouldn't be the worst spot to try for the NHL.

If Houston got the Coyotes over Quebec city it would be sad but I would still be happy that this thing would finally be dead..
QC isn't happening. Their junior attendance numbers mean nothing considering the cost of a ticket compared to what an NHL team has to charge, it's still a city with a market population of less than 850k, there's virtually no business base, the Loonie's in the dumps and the other team in a comparable tiny market in Canada is struggling to stay afloat just 12 years after moving there.

If QC was going to happen it was around the time the Jets went back. There's just so much working against it today that it would be an absolute shock if they ever got it back now.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

View attachment 328807
I went to a Canucks - Yotes game in Glendale a few years ago.
I was wearing the yellow flying V jersey, and no one had a clue what it was. lol

was fun though. Box office was selling tix to a 50% capacity game at full price, so it took my 5 minutes to find tix on craigslist at half price.
the deal was i bought the tickets, my buddy bought the beer. I came out ahead on that one. :thumb:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seravalli noted that the opposition to the vote spent about $2 mil on ads etc. against it while the NHL/team spent about $250k total to support it.

You go 20 years losing a fuck ton of money nonstop and when you think you have a no shit solution on the horizon NOW you cheap the fuck out and you're surprised you lost?

Bettman is the actual worst.
Found on Reddit, this was apparently some of what that 2 mil against bought:
zuveswz64d0b1.jpg

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a Canucks - Yotes game in Glendale a few years ago.
I was wearing the yellow flying V jersey, and no one had a clue what it was. lol

was fun though. Box office was selling tix to a 50% capacity game at full price, so it took my 5 minutes to find tix on craigslist at half price.
the deal was i bought the tickets, my buddy bought the beer. I came out ahead on that one. :thumb:
The company doing the symposium we were attending gave us a choice of a DBacks game or a Stanley Cup playoff game. I was the only one who took advantage of a free damn ticket to a hockey game. And once it dawned on the local fans I hated the Avs every bit as much as they did, we got along quite nicely.