• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS: Los Angeles Dodgers @ Washington Nationals

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize this might be a lonely thread, but here we go.

Game 1 expected to be Kershaw vs. Scherzer.

Though I've seen an argument made for starting Gio in game 1 given LA's struggles with lefties. Doubt Dusty goes outside of the box here, but it's interesting to think about.

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, Scherzer confirmed as Game 1 starter, Game 2 still TBD

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Nats!

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see someone else on this board! It was just hokie and I for a long time, and I think we both just thought it wasn't worth it after a while.

I'll be at all the home games, but I'll definitely check in here afterwards and during the road games.

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as a noob I was a little disappointed to see there wasn't much activity on this board.

I'll have to settle for watching the games on TV. If I wasn't poor I could see about going to Game 3.

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy making good progress toward starting Game 1.

Official roster not settled yet, but Dusty confirming some details...

Severino to catch Game 1, Lobaton obviously on the roster as the backup C
Difo on the roster (Murphy insurance)
3 lefties in the 'pen (out of Marc Rzepczynski, Oliver Perez, Sammy Solis and Sean Burnett)
Game 2 starter still undecided. Most assume Roark with Gio in Game 3

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to post much during the first two games.

Was on the road most of the game Friday so I didn't get to see much. Neither starter appeared to be on their A game. Missed opportunity to win one with Kershaw starting, but I think chalked that up as a loss going in.

Watched Game 2 yesterday. Was frustrated by how the hitters let Hill's curve get to them most of the day. Even more frustrating was how the ump let his curve get to HIM. He was horrible back there. Borderline calls were 3-1 against Washington.

Nats Strike Zone (@NationalsUmp) | Twitter

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not watching the series because whenever i watch they lose & i do not want to jinx them, lol

my strategy seems to be working

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Jansen??? I warned the blue fans about his penchant for blowing up, but was blown off.

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got on my motorcycle when it was 4-3, sweating the whole way home. Grabbed my phone when I got there and was so happy to see the score. Melancon shut it down before I could even get inside to see the end.

Looks like it will be either Ross or Lopez starting Game 4 with the other ready for long relief.

Kind of pissed about the way they scheduled this damn series with both of these games in LA in the afternoon. If I didn't have to be at work I would be there today. Tickets are on Stubhub for $8.

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team has confirmed starters for today but:

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was an exciting game last night. Good comeback attempt by the boys, but the bullpen was bound to give up a run or two eventually. Really wish Joe could have gone longer, but he just lost the zone there in the 3rd. Kershaw is a beast. His stuff clearly isn't all the way back from his back issue, but he competed his ass off and was unlucky to give up those runs in the 7th.

Here's to game 5! Let's go Nats!

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have really applied some pressure had they gotten more than 1 run off of Kershaw in the 1st.

Oh well, Max in DC for Game 5. Not ideal if you are looking ahead to the NLCS, but not the worst one game scenario in the world.

DodgerLou82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have really applied some pressure had they gotten more than 1 run off of Kershaw in the 1st.

Oh well, Max in DC for Game 5. Not ideal if you are looking ahead to the NLCS, but not the worst one game scenario in the world.[/QUO

Oh well, Max in DC for Game 5. Not ideal if you are looking ahead to the NLCS, but not the worst one game scenario in the world.
I've been a Dodger fan for 75 years and I;m hoping to see them once more in a World Series but if they lose tonight to your Nats, i'll bee rooting for them to beat the Cubs. All the sports writers say that neither the Nats or the Dodgers are good enough to beat the Cubs. I hope one of our teams beats them. I'm also a big fan of Dusty Baker. I thought he was one hell of a ball player for the Dodgers. Good luck to your Nats if they win tonight,

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief! Anybody managing or coaching the Nats tonight? Two base running blunders. Harper and Werth. If those guys don't want it, it's all over.
:wtf2: