• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLCS: Dodgers versus Cubs.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like every inning of the playoffs is a new gray hair.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am feeling a little bit like "I'm just happy to be here" as it relates to the NLCS. We get to see at least four more ball games.

The said, the Cubs are as complete a team as a team can be. Cubs in 5.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am feeling a little bit like "I'm just happy to be here" as it relates to the NLCS. We get to see at least four more ball games.

I like the reverse jinx working here. The Giants are absolutely putrid and the Cubs made them seem competent. Dodgers have a shot in this one.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We struggle against lefties, will face Lester at least twice, we struggle against Arrieta, those things need to change!

Girlfriend is a HUGE Cub fan, I really don't want to hear all the gloating, also live in Cub Country, come on Dodgers let's play like we're capable of playing!

We need to avoid the 0-9 with bases loaded like we were against Washington, we need to avoid walking the leadoff hitters in innings like we just did. We need Kershaw and Hill to pitch better, they both got a ton of strikeouts, but also had runners on base all the time.

It's been 28 years, not as long as the Cubs, but that dry spell needs to end this year!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cubs are good , no doubt, but they also have had almost everything go their way this year, they have won games in very strange, crazy, and "lucky" ways. We are fortunate to be even here after having 28 guys on DL, and 15 different starting pitchers, that's unheard of!

The Cubs do have holes, bottom of their lineup is nothing special, we need to have leads late in games so that Jansen is pitching instead of Chapman pitching, and we have legit chance of being WS bound!:)

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the reverse jinx working here. The Giants are absolutely putrid and the Cubs made them seem competent. Dodgers have a shot in this one.
Putrid? Well we did have a lot of blown saves, but we took the last three from youse guys. Yep you have a good chance, what with your nice 'pen. Hell a nice 'pen served us up three rings. I'm a little leary of your starters tho. Good luck.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, Cubbies woke up. They are really good. Cubs in 6.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, Cubbies woke up. They are really good. Cubs in 6.

Roberts has made some questionable moves here. We keep throwing RHP at a Cubs team that destroys RHP. I have no idea why Stripling is even on the roster at all. While its not Roberts fault, Blanton getting burned on the exact same slider is strange as well.

While the pen did well in the regular season, outside of Jensen, it has been a disaster in the NLCS. Wood should have seen more innings as well.

DodgerLou82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. After rooting for the Brooklyn-Loa Angeles Dodgers for the past 75 years, I finally thought I would get to see them play in another World Series but I sort of doubt it. Playing in Wrigley Field for game for game 6 will be tough even though Kershaw will be pitching. Well maybe next year if i'm still around.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. After rooting for the Brooklyn-Loa Angeles Dodgers for the past 75 years, I finally thought I would get to see them play in another World Series but I sort of doubt it. Playing in Wrigley Field for game for game 6 will be tough even though Kershaw will be pitching. Well maybe next year if i'm still around.
You'll be around!! Dodgers need:
Lead off bat
Hitter that can rake lefties
Starter that can chew up innings
Set up man

They can fill these spots and watch the Dodgers return even better next year!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roberts has made some questionable moves here. We keep throwing RHP at a Cubs team that destroys RHP. I have no idea why Stripling is even on the roster at all. While its not Roberts fault, Blanton getting burned on the exact same slider is strange as well.

While the pen did well in the regular season, outside of Jensen, it has been a disaster in the NLCS. Wood should have seen more innings as well.

Yup. Fair overview. Series is over. Blanton shitting the bed really cost this team in the NLCS.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have 6 lefty starting pitchers avaiable next year, need to trade a few for right handed bats? Thompson will be back, he needs to be starting left fielder? Need better bench players, Kiki looked horrible this year, maybe Van Slyke comes back better?

We are there, just need some tweaking, and to not have 28 guys on DL, and 15 different starting pitchers

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been this disappointed, and atm, fuck the dodgers.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be around!! Dodgers need:
Lead off bat
Hitter that can rake lefties
Starter that can chew up innings
Set up man

They can fill these spots and watch the Dodgers return even better next year!
I can dig that shopping list. Honestly though, they may have found a leadoff man in Andrew Toles. He's got some rough edges that can use some polish, but I think he has done nothing but prove to be immensely talented and in possession of the potential to be a big time contributor over 162.