• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners and Dallas

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see how the first team looks early; especially Garopollo

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, we won't see much. Jimmy G looks to only play one series this game. The backup will be in quickly
That's OK. I want to see what all of the hype this pre-season for Beathard is all about. I'll watch him too.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, we won't see much. Jimmy G looks to only play one series this game. The backup will be in quickly

Jimmy G only gets 1 series? Should be worth a 21-0 lead.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the starters taking early exits, it'll be interesting to see:

Offense
Joe Williams--we keep hearing that he has one great run per practice. If he struggles this PS, he could get cut.

D.Pettis--can he make catches over the middle, in traffic? Does he alligator arm anything?

Richie James--a couple of beat writers rave about this little guy

Cole Hikutini--tons of potential, but can he stay healthy? Finally some time on the field.

Mike Person--will he be good enough to be the last active OL on game day?

Defense:
Sheldon Day - can he continue better than expected play when playing against a better interior (ours sucks)

Julian Taylor - Increasing talk that he makes the team and could make armstead expendable

Backup DBs - will any of Moore, Ward, Mabin, Powell, Reed show that they belong in the NFL?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been Beathard pre-season hype?
All I've been hearing about was his down field accuracy and arm strength plus his knowledge of the system.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I've been hearing about was his down field accuracy and arm strength plus his knowledge of the system.

OK. I haven't really heard anything about him. It wouldn't surprise me to see him improve this year. Second year in Shanahan's system. I think he is a good backup to have.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I haven't really heard anything about him. It wouldn't surprise me to see him improve this year. Second year in Shanahan's system. I think he is a good backup to have.
Me too. We need a competent backup especially with Garropolo's injury history.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the starters taking early exits, it'll be interesting to see:

Offense
Joe Williams--we keep hearing that he has one great run per practice. If he struggles this PS, he could get cut.

D.Pettis--can he make catches over the middle, in traffic? Does he alligator arm anything?

Richie James--a couple of beat writers rave about this little guy

Cole Hikutini--tons of potential, but can he stay healthy? Finally some time on the field.

Mike Person--will he be good enough to be the last active OL on game day?

Defense:
Sheldon Day - can he continue better than expected play when playing against a better interior (ours sucks)

Julian Taylor - Increasing talk that he makes the team and could make armstead expendable

Backup DBs - will any of Moore, Ward, Mabin, Powell, Reed show that they belong in the NFL?

While at Notre Dame he was always around the ball making plays they have missed him since he left.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! The 49ers didn't just look bad in the first half, they were embarrassingly bad.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First preseason game I'm not worried

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats was just terrible.

We couldn't run the ball. The running game didn't work b/c there were no second level blocks--that's a OG and TE problem. That wouldn't be so bad if OG wasn't one of the biggest weaknesses on last year's team--a weakness that the FO chose not to improve in the offseason.

Then we were weak at CB last season too and we signed Dick, an aging guy coming off an achilles injury instead of one of the 2 pro bowl level Cbs available in FA. Ward not gave up a TD, a 3rd down conversion and another catch--and he didn't play in the 2nd half!

Ward continues to nail-down "most overpaid player". He was literally with the rookie WR, but when he turned to find the ball, he quit running while the WR didn't, leaving the WR all alone in the endzone.

We couldn't stop the run. Dallas could've kept running the ball up the middle and off tackle and never had to pass. They were getting 3 or 4 yards every down.

And of course, the injuries piled up. Kittle and Thomas going down for the next couple of weeks at least is a BAD sign for us.

On the positive side, it was nice to see Foster, Spoon, Buckner, Goodwin and Bourne make a few plays out there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats was just terrible.

We couldn't run the ball. The running game didn't work b/c there were no second level blocks--that's a OG and TE problem. That wouldn't be so bad if OG wasn't one of the biggest weaknesses on last year's team--a weakness that the FO chose not to improve in the offseason.

Then we were weak at CB last season too and we signed Dick, an aging guy coming off an achilles injury instead of one of the 2 pro bowl level Cbs available in FA. Ward not gave up a TD, a 3rd down conversion and another catch--and he didn't play in the 2nd half!

Ward continues to nail-down "most overpaid player". He was literally with the rookie WR, but when he turned to find the ball, he quit running while the WR didn't, leaving the WR all alone in the endzone.

We couldn't stop the run. Dallas could've kept running the ball up the middle and off tackle and never had to pass. They were getting 3 or 4 yards every down.

And of course, the injuries piled up. Kittle and Thomas going down for the next couple of weeks at least is a BAD sign for us.

On the positive side, it was nice to see Foster, Spoon, Buckner, Goodwin and Bourne make a few plays out there.
Agreed. The Dallas players were punishing our guys and they were dropping like flies as if they had no physical toughness or conditioning.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The running game stuck out to me as the biggest concern. It looked like last year. Whenever the running backs tried going outside there were multiple defenders there to stop it. The running blocking is not there and it was bad all night. Beathard looked bad last night too. Still holds onto to the ball too long and had a number of passes tipped. His downfield accuracy was poor too. Julian Taylor looked good. Still alot of injuries last night including the ones during camp. I don't think Warner played last night. I think we have a number of wide receivers that can play. They were constantly getting open but the QBs could not get them the ball.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of injuries...some of those guys won't be ready until Week 1 (hopefully). At least there were no ACL/out for the year types but still.....just flat out ridiculous.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest disappointment was Run game and how the Oline looked in the run game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Biggest disappointment was Run game and how the Oline looked in the run game.

True, but i'd rather see the run game "lagging", versus the pass protect. Granted there doesn't appear to be elaborate defensive schemes, but still.