• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Lions HC, Matt Patricia

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell will be fired after the game today.

Matt Patricia will be the next Lions HC once New England wins the SB.

Lions D will convert to a 3-4. This is mostly why BQ never committed to Ansah.

Jim Schwartz is the front runner to get the HC job in NY.

Those are the rumors.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me wonder if Cooter is getting demoted. The offense was putrid considering all the talent on that side. Highest paid QB in the league. 2 top FA O-lineman. 2 top FA WRs. Not even in the top 10 before this week. Still not yardage wise.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me wonder if Cooter is getting demoted. The offense was putrid considering all the talent on that side. Highest paid QB in the league. 2 top FA O-lineman. 2 top FA WRs. Not even in the top 10 before this week. Still not yardage wise.

Cooter should be demoted out the door. Every time he called a run for AA is enough evidence for me. He never created plays that guaranteed Tate catches routes in space is my true concern. He seems to stick to same game plan and never exploited a defenses weaknesses.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still hoping we go after an offensive minded coach. I prefer Patricia to Caldwell, but McHoody, Jon Gruden(as long as he has no input in drafts), Linehan(he's doing a great job masking how bad Dak really is), O'Brien, and JBC should all be looked at and maybe a few others.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooter should be demoted out the door. Every time he called a run for AA is enough evidence for me. He never created plays that guaranteed Tate catches routes in space is my true concern. He seems to stick to same game plan and never exploited a defenses weaknesses.

My only thing with JBC is that I don't believe he had full control of play calling. I think Caldwell may have kept him from going all in. Just by the looks on his face at times, looked like he was thinking, Did I really just have to make that call??? Only time will tell I guess, here or where ever he ends up.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Patricia ... YAY! Let's hire the D-coordinator for one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me wonder if Cooter is getting demoted. The offense was putrid considering all the talent on that side.

Yeah, there is talent at receiver. Run blocking and north/south running, not so much. That said, only 25 receptions this season for Abdullah. 53 for Riddick. Really needed to use those guys more in the short passing game, rather than plowing them up the middle all the time.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that he's from a winning program. But the Pats' D ranked 29th this season.
Had people out and they didn't get Harrison yet (A dig to the Steelers)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Patricia ... YAY! Let's hire the D-coordinator for one of the worst defenses in the NFL.
It don't make no sense.

They literally were the only Defense to give up more rushing yards, passing yards, penalty yards and penalties than us this year.

And that was after gifting them their leading tackler Van Noy.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still prefer McHoody but I am OK with Matty Patty. Pats played bend dont break this year. They are ranked 5th in points per game.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinda like hiring Caldwell who sucked was a OC. You’re not hiring a guy to be a DC. With this thinking BB should suck.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patricia could turn out to be a good HC. Every head coach starts somewhere as an assistant, and they say he's bright with his X's and O's (though that's only part of what goes into being a good HC). But the track record of Belichick coordinators becoming head coaches leaves no room for expectations or excitement. It's abysmal. And that may not be coincidental. The Patriots are a cruise control operation, with Belichick being one of the greatest defensive coaches of all time, and Brady perhaps the greatest QB of all time. Everyone else is/has been merely a puppet. Former DC's who were hired as HC were Crennel and Mangini.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that he's from a winning program. But the Pats' D ranked 29th this season.

Patriots defense is one of the very best if you look at points given up - the only number that matters.

Top 5 in both points per game given up (18.5) and total points (296)

By comparison, Detroit ranked 21st in both points per game given up, and total points surrendered (376).

If you look just at yards, the Patriots rank 29th, and the Lions rank 27th. Obviously the Patriots D is doing something right in the red zone that the Lions arent.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only thing with JBC is that I don't believe he had full control of play calling. I think Caldwell may have kept him from going all in. Just by the looks on his face at times, looked like he was thinking, Did I really just have to make that call??? Only time will tell I guess, here or where ever he ends up.
It's hard to tell one way or another. Some of those play calls were perplexing.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone take Vrabel

I get what you’re saying here, but I can’t blame the rushing attempts in side the 5 yard line in 3 different games on Caldwell. You might but I can’t see where JBC makes the calls until the red zone area.

I can agree maybe he was involved with 1st qtr scripts and maybe why such slow starts.

Maybe JBC’s offense would look different with somebody other than Prince running the OL?