• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New York Knicks PG Raymond Felton says Brooklyn Nets 'will never take over the city'

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,868.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Pierce thinks New York City eventually will be a Brooklyn Nets town.

New York Knicks point guard Raymond Felton disagrees -- strongly.

"They will never take over the city. Because we've got 'New York' on our chest," Felton said Sunday. "They've got 'Brooklyn' on their chest, and we've got 'New York.' They'll never take over the city.

"[Pierce] saying that is just him talking. At the end of the day, it's all about rivalries. We understand that -- he knows that, I know that. He's just trying to fuel it."

Source: ESPN New York

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its possible but if you think about it people will not just change loyalties I am a Knicks fan will always be one even if Nets start to better I am not going to become a Nets fan. I would have to assume most people will be that way. Then if I had a child I would raise him as a Knicks fan not a Nets fan so if the Nets will ever take over NYC it will probably be in a few generations and that is if they have continued success and and Knicks are constantly in last place over the same period of time.

And who cares what Peirce says he has two years left max and it certainly not going to happen in that time frame.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed... pierce is a total clown.

NY belongs to the Bockers.....always has and always will.

The town will belong to whatever team is doing better at the moment. Simple as that.

At one point LA was an Angels town back when the Dodgers were struggling and for the last 2 (and about to be 3 seasons) LA is a Clippers town.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The town will belong to whatever team is doing better at the moment. Simple as that.

At one point LA was an Angels town back when the Dodgers were struggling and for the last 2 (and about to be 3 seasons) LA is a Clippers town.

Thats because LA is the most fickle city in the United States.

You didnt see all the Islander fans from the 80s becoming Ranger fans in the 90s. You have die hard Met fans hating the Yankees. not joining them.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude....GTF Outta Here With That Noise.

Comparing NY sports fans to LA sports fans???

DAMN!!!!

C'mon Man !!!!