• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburgh Penguins: opening night

fear-the-penguin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome game tonight. The save by MAF behind his back was sick. Hope he gets his head straight before the playoffs. I am having a hard time figuring out how he can make that save behind his back but he cant stop a puck bouncing off the boards and into the net in the payoffs. I really think JM may be helping this team defensively. They looked great out there tonight, hope they keep it up.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome game tonight. The save by MAF behind his back was sick. Hope he gets his head straight before the playoffs. I am having a hard time figuring out how he can make that save behind his back but he cant stop a puck bouncing off the boards and into the net in the payoffs. I really think JM may be helping this team defensively. They looked great out there tonight, hope they keep it up.

I think MAF has something to prove this year. Hopefully we'll see the MAF from 2008 & 2009 again.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the Chuck Kobasew signing. $550,00 for a former 20 goal and 40 point scorer, really fell off the past 3 seasons, but I see a big bounce back year for him this year, hopefully.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the Chuck Kobasew signing. $550,00 for a former 20 goal and 40 point scorer, really fell off the past 3 seasons, but I see a big bounce back year for him this year, hopefully.

Agreed, he seems to fit in well with the system too.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:welcome: to SportsHoopla!

I liked the Martin addition when they made the hire this summer. He will be a good voice of reason among the coaches when it's needed, I think. Something that Reirden and Granato probably don't embrace particularly well.

MAF looked great tonight. His positioning looked sound, and the new pads that he reportedly carved a few inches off of did the trick. Loved that toe save on the PS in the third. Great boost of confidence for Fleury.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:welcome: to SportsHoopla!

I liked the Martin addition when they made the hire this summer. He will be a good voice of reason among the coaches when it's needed, I think. Something that Reirden and Granato probably don't embrace particularly well.

MAF looked great tonight. His positioning looked sound, and the new pads that he reportedly carved a few inches off of did the trick. Loved that toe save on the PS in the third. Great boost of confidence for Fleury.

Best was the behind the back save,

You know a goalie is feelin' it when he's making saves like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, he seems to fit in well with the system too.

Yeah I agree with both of you he played well. I hope they keep him with Sutter on that 3rd line them two seemed to play well together.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys we're going to trade Despres? Rumor has it the Pens & Ducks are in talks. Ducks want to trade a young forward in exchange for a young dman. Wouldn't mind seeing Kyle Palmieri on the Pens. Hate to lose Despres but we don't use him anyway. Much rather trade Niskanen tho.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys we're going to trade Despres? Rumor has it the Pens & Ducks are in talks. Ducks want to trade a young forward in exchange for a young dman. Wouldn't mind seeing Kyle Palmieri on the Pens. Hate to lose Despres but we don't use him anyway. Much rather trade Niskanen tho.

It's certainly possible, although they are killing his value by not playing him in the NHL.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with both of you he played well. I hope they keep him with Sutter on that 3rd line them two seemed to play well together.

Yep, on the other end of the spectrum, Jokinen looked drunk last night, couldn't even catch a pass, absolutely awful.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joki will make up for it tonight, I can feel it.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly possible, although they are killing his value by not playing him in the NHL.

This is huge and on top of that Niskanen doesn't have much value so no matter what they will not win in that deal right now.

Not sure if others read this but there were two reasons why Despres was sent down:

1. He is waiver exempt
2. His conditioning was horrible in training camp.

If 2 is true then his value would drop even more. I honestly hope they just keep him and he uses the demotion as motivation to play better because Niskanen and Engelland will be gone soon enough.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, on the other end of the spectrum, Jokinen looked drunk last night, couldn't even catch a pass, absolutely awful.

Jokinen had a very bad game. This is one of the reasons the Cane's didn't mind to see him go.
The shame with him and Bennett both their value is playing on a top 6 so one will have to adjust to playing with Sutter and Kobasew.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would do this in a second. If we refuse to use Simon, then he needs to be moved.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to keep Despres, I just think we're wasting him the way we're using him.