• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Japan

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a well booked return match for DB would be huge. Against Tanahashi or Omega or Okada it could sellout an arena in a major market and be a huge selling point for subscription.
Plus once they get a fresh set of eyes on the product they have a chance to create an entirely new fan base.
If that doesn't convert people I would say there's literally no hope for them in the US.

Yeah, I just highly doubt that Daniel Bryan signing with them could cause a sellout (unless the building sits anywhere from 1 person to 5,000 people) in an arena in a major market. NJPW has very little promotion in the United States. That is hard to overcome.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, I just highly doubt that Daniel Bryan signing with them could cause a sellout (unless the building sits anywhere from 1 person to 5,000 people) in an arena in a major market. NJPW has very little promotion in the United States. That is hard to overcome.
I think Daniel Bryan in a hypothetical return match vs Kenny Omega at the Barclays center would easily be a sellout. If they did it in New Orleans at this year's WM week it would be a hotter ticket than NXT. The Long Beach numbers were with Billy Gunn or Cody as the biggest American star. We have a difference of opinion on Brian's drawing power.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Daniel Bryan in a hypothetical return match vs Kenny Omega at the Barclays center would easily be a sellout. If they did it in New Orleans at this year's WM week it would be a hotter ticket than NXT. The Long Beach numbers were with Billy Gunn or Cody as the biggest American star. We have a difference of opinion on Brian's drawing power.

NJPW has already stated that they aren't interested in running events during WM weekend.

We'll just agree to disagree. NJPW doesn't have television and the promotion for their Long Beach shows were actually considered to be pretty weak. There just isn't anything out there that suggests that NJPW could sellout an NBA arena, even with Daniel Bryan.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NJPW has already stated that they aren't interested in running events during WM weekend.

We'll just agree to disagree. NJPW doesn't have television and the promotion for their Long Beach shows were actually considered to be pretty weak. There just isn't anything out there that suggests that NJPW could sellout an NBA arena, even with Daniel Bryan.
Doesn't their working agreement with ROH help? I know it's somewhat limited but I at least recognize their top stars from seeing them on ROH TV and PPVs. And the combined tours don't hurt. NJPW could use ROH to ramp up interest. That said, I agree it wouldn't sell out an NBA arena yet but maybe in the near future.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

New Japan never said that. Within the past few days Meltzer reported they won't be at WM week in the this year contradicting his earlier speculation that it was a possibility.

It's not worth arguing hypotheticals. I think Bryan' s return match could be like WM on a much, much smaller scale where you could get casual New Japan fans and large groups of traveling fans at the show. I think it would do well. And internet hype would be their marketing

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Japan never said that. Within the past few days Meltzer reported they won't be at WM week in the this year contradicting his earlier speculation that it was a possibility.

It's not worth arguing hypotheticals. I think Bryan' s return match could be like WM on a much, much smaller scale where you could get casual New Japan fans and large groups of traveling fans at the show. I think it would do well. And internet hype would be their marketing

Gotcha. I misread then, or wrongly assumed.

I do think a Bryan debut match in NJPW would do very well on WM weekend for obvious reasons.

However, a NJPW show during WM weekend would be hard to do. NJPW usually has one of their biggest tours during WM season, that culminates in a big event in the first or second week of April.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't their working agreement with ROH help? I know it's somewhat limited but I at least recognize their top stars from seeing them on ROH TV and PPVs. And the combined tours don't hurt. NJPW could use ROH to ramp up interest. That said, I agree it wouldn't sell out an NBA arena yet but maybe in the near future.

The ROH agreement would help, but its probably not significant. ROH's U.S. attendance record is only 3,500.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone been watching the G1 this year? B Block has been killing it. Just wish that they didn't have the constant SSDD with the GoD to drag things down.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ROH agreement would help, but its probably not significant. ROH's U.S. attendance record is only 3,500.
ROH sold out All in fast. And they got the Garden wrestlemania weekend. Gotta give Cody credit he took Mrltzers challenge and ranwith it. Looking forward to the garden show. Should be able to get my tickets in two days

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROH sold out All in fast. And they got the Garden wrestlemania weekend. Gotta give Cody credit he took Mrltzers challenge and ranwith it. Looking forward to the garden show. Should be able to get my tickets in two days

All In isn't an ROH event. Garden show should do good numbers, because of the timing.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All In isn't an ROH event. Garden show should do good numbers, because of the timing.
But ROH is sponsoring the event so I understand the confusion.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But ROH is sponsoring the event so I understand the confusion.

Agreed, but ROH has very little to do with the ticket sales success of All In

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but ROH has very little to do with the ticket sales success of All In
True but some casual fans may not understand the difference between sponsor and promoter.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:Getting tired of the Firing Squad bullshit.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This past G1 is definitely worth going out of your way to check out. There have been so many fantastic matches that it's hard to remember them all. The two guys that impressed me the most during this was Hangman Page and Tomohiro Ishii. Wouldn't be surprised in the next month or two if Ishii cashes in on his IWGP title shot against Omega. I'd also say to look out for Shota Umino. After he goes away to learn for a while, I believe that he's going to be a big star whenever he comes back to Japan.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Gedo is currently booking two of the four factions to have discontent, with some of the sides being chosen after what happened during yesterday's card.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gedo is trying to do everything in his power to try to make the BC OG's into serious contenders. I just personally don't see them as anything more than midcard tag guys except for maybe Ishimori.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gedo is trying to do everything in his power to try to make the BC OG's into serious contenders. I just personally don't see them as anything more than midcard tag guys except for maybe Ishimori.

If the original Bullet Club is the nWo and The Elite are the nWo Wolfpack, the BC OG's are like the nWo B-Team

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NJPW World Tag League 2018: The Tag Teams - Last Word on Pro Wrestling

Two of the Suzuki-gun pairings I am surprised with because I figured that Minoru would be teaming with Zack Sabre Jr since he's done that quite a bit this past year and Iizuka would be teaming with Taichi, just so you can limit the crap wrestlers as much as possible. Also figured that Page would be teaming with Chase Owens instead of Yujiro since Chase and Hangman looked like a decent team on the nights during the G1 where they tagged.