• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need some keeper TRADE help

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
standard 5X5 rotisserie league with 1/2OBP, 1/2 BA

we start:

C,C,1B,2B,3B,SS, MI,CI, 5OF and a UT
9 pitchers(any)

23 payers

NO BENCH

it is an auction league with the standard 260 budget

we get to keep 10 MLB and up to 8 Minor leaguers

Minor leaguers dont count to your Auction Budget

right now my 10 keepers are going to cost me 198... YES 198...

I am playing to win THIS season

i am thinking of trading Paul Goldshmidt at 25

I would receive Ryon Healy at 9, Elvis Andrus at 4 and JP Crawford, who still has minor league eligibility

this is the last year i can keep Goldy, which also means his trade value during the season may not be at his normal level...

This trade will save me 17 dollars since i would keep Andrus at 4 instead of Marwin Gonzalez at 5...

is the 17 dollars + JP crawford worth trading Goldy??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's your best offer, I wouldn't be scared to do it. Won't get that value later, so yeah. Healy for 9 is a nice deal, imo.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
standard 5X5 rotisserie league with 1/2OBP, 1/2 BA

we start:

C,C,1B,2B,3B,SS, MI,CI, 5OF and a UT
9 pitchers(any)

23 payers

NO BENCH

it is an auction league with the standard 260 budget

we get to keep 10 MLB and up to 8 Minor leaguers

Minor leaguers dont count to your Auction Budget

right now my 10 keepers are going to cost me 198... YES 198...

I am playing to win THIS season

i am thinking of trading Paul Goldshmidt at 25

I would receive Ryon Healy at 9, Elvis Andrus at 4 and JP Crawford, who still has minor league eligibility

this is the last year i can keep Goldy, which also means his trade value during the season may not be at his normal level...

This trade will save me 17 dollars since i would keep Andrus at 4 instead of Marwin Gonzalez at 5...

is the 17 dollars + JP crawford worth trading Goldy??

Hmm, to begin, I have a huge bias towards Goldy which everyone knows. Who are your other keepers and can you trade your minor league protects for cash and/or major league talent? I guess I got confused when you state your are in it to win it THIS season and are talking about trading a top 3 first baseman especially in your format of 1/2 BA, 1/2 OBP, probably only Votto ranks higher in that category, but Goldy wins in R/RBI's combined, and steals. To me, if you are winning it this year, can you afford not to keep him on his last year at $25??? That's exactly when you bring in all the other resources to try and win the ship!! There has to be someone else in your 10 keepers that you could trade (maybe bring in a better return if they have more control) to make sure you go all in for this season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, to begin, I have a huge bias towards Goldy which everyone knows. Who are your other keepers and can you trade your minor league protects for cash and/or major league talent? I guess I got confused when you state your are in it to win it THIS season and are talking about trading a top 3 first baseman especially in your format of 1/2 BA, 1/2 OBP, probably only Votto ranks higher in that category, but Goldy wins in R/RBI's combined, and steals. To me, if you are winning it this year, can you afford not to keep him on his last year at $25??? That's exactly when you bring in all the other resources to try and win the ship!! There has to be someone else in your 10 keepers that you could trade (maybe bring in a better return if they have more control) to make sure you go all in for this season.

this is where i am... and why i made this thread..LOL...

i have an EMPTY minor league roster, and no minor league draft picks... so minor league players won't help me lower my budget....

my 10 keepers

1. Goldy-25- 1 year left
2. Kris bryant-19-3 years left
3. Carlos correa-14-2 years left
4. Marwin Gonzalez-5- 2 years left
5. Eduardo Nunez- 5- 1 year left
6. Max Scherzer- 55-1 year left
7. MadBum- 45- 1 year left
8. Dallas Keuchel-8 1 year left
9. Zach Greinke- 17- 2 years left
10. Edwin Diaz-5 - 1 year left

so i have 6 expiring contracts... and NO non keepers that will help me improve my keepers...

Now, i know Scherzer and Madbum are EXPENSIVE... but with 5/9 pitchers set in stone, with no bench... i LOVE having the elite pitching staff... and should allow me to go cheap on at least 2 pitchers...

and with owning 4 top 20 SP, i should be creating a bidding market for SP during the draft...

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is where i am... and why i made this thread..LOL...

i have an EMPTY minor league roster, and no minor league draft picks... so minor league players won't help me lower my budget....

my 10 keepers

1. Goldy-25- 1 year left
2. Kris bryant-19-3 years left
3. Carlos correa-14-2 years left
4. Marwin Gonzalez-5- 2 years left
5. Eduardo Nunez- 5- 1 year left
6. Max Scherzer- 55-1 year left
7. MadBum- 45- 1 year left
8. Dallas Keuchel-8 1 year left
9. Zach Greinke- 17- 2 years left
10. Edwin Diaz-5 - 1 year left

so i have 6 expiring contracts... and NO non keepers that will help me improve my keepers...

Now, i know Scherzer and Madbum are EXPENSIVE... but with 5/9 pitchers set in stone, with no bench... i LOVE having the elite pitching staff... and should allow me to go cheap on at least 2 pitchers...

and with owning 4 top 20 SP, i should be creating a bidding market for SP during the draft...

This is standard roto with the exception of BA/OPB and not a points league? I'm not sure why Scherzer and MadBum have such elevated salaries in this format? In a points league, elite pitchers can have abnormally high salaries because of the points they generate, but a 5x5 roto makes me think they are way overpriced. It's easier and more predictable in a roto format to value bats more because the injury risk is less, and in general they will return closer to what your pre-draft rankings have them at. I guess that's just kind of the way I've always played. Bats are more predictable, so I typically focus on those first and piece together my pitchers.

I've never really tried the pitching first theory because I just think it's too risky. There are only about 6 starting pitchers that you think will make it through the season without injury, and 1/3 of them won't! LOL Closers are even worse, probably only around 10 pitchers that are closers on opening day will still be the closers at the end of the season.

I think a pitching first theory can totally win, you just have to have the luck factor as well. I was listening to a show the other day and they said it's almost to the point of not if Tommy John surgery happens, but when with modern day pitchers. Target young pitchers that have already had it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is standard roto with the exception of BA/OPB and not a points league? I'm not sure why Scherzer and MadBum have such elevated salaries in this format? In a points league, elite pitchers can have abnormally high salaries because of the points they generate, but a 5x5 roto makes me think they are way overpriced. It's easier and more predictable in a roto format to value bats more because the injury risk is less, and in general they will return closer to what your pre-draft rankings have them at. I guess that's just kind of the way I've always played. Bats are more predictable, so I typically focus on those first and piece together my pitchers.

I've never really tried the pitching first theory because I just think it's too risky. There are only about 6 starting pitchers that you think will make it through the season without injury, and 1/3 of them won't! LOL Closers are even worse, probably only around 10 pitchers that are closers on opening day will still be the closers at the end of the season.

I think a pitching first theory can totally win, you just have to have the luck factor as well. I was listening to a show the other day and they said it's almost to the point of not if Tommy John surgery happens, but when with modern day pitchers. Target young pitchers that have already had it.

your right... but this is different because there is no bench... so, depth is a non factor... and free agency, we have a 100 unit budget, while the minimum you can spend is 5 dollars... so you cant really stream and you cant really play matchups... this is why i like the elite pitching...

and yes their prices are jacked up... but this is also a keeper league, there is always inflation in keeper leagues... and i am happy to guarantee the 5 pitchers i have.... and we start 9 pitchers, this will allow me to have 3 closers.... which is always my goal...

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your right... but this is different because there is no bench... so, depth is a non factor... and free agency, we have a 100 unit budget, while the minimum you can spend is 5 dollars... so you cant really stream and you cant really play matchups... this is why i like the elite pitching...

and yes their prices are jacked up... but this is also a keeper league, there is always inflation in keeper leagues... and i am happy to guarantee the 5 pitchers i have.... and we start 9 pitchers, this will allow me to have 3 closers.... which is always my goal...

Just make sure to tell MadBum no fucking motorcycles!!! (he's on my new dynasty league as well! :D)

If you think you can win it, go for it. I'm just not convinced you will find enough "value" bats to make it worth your while trading a $25 Goldy. I'm not really very positive on Gonzalez or Nunez this year, but I understand you pretty much have to keep them at that price. Without Goldy you only have two bats that I have confidence in delivering what you expect. (Bryant and Correa)

You know the league, is the $17 you can save going to allow you to pick up enough bats to compete? (you obviously aren't going to come close to replacing Goldy at that price) If pitching is overvalued, there could definitely be some really great prices on bats.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, if you are winning it this year, can you afford not to keep him on his last year at $25??? That's exactly when you bring in all the other resources to try and win the ship!!

^^This^^

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch that... Yeah if this is the last year you would have Goldy then might as well get the most for him