• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need mechanic help.....

Harry Seaword

Hoopla Cash
$ 266.84
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disconnect your negative battery cable for a good 5 - 10 minutes then reconnect it and you're good to go.

I'm a smog tech in California. You can't just reset the system then go for inspection. The sensor monitors will be incomplete and the vehicle will not pass. You have to reset then drive it at least thirty miles on the fwy. Keep it between 60 and 65 miles and hour in the slow lane (so you don't piss anyone off en sech). If the engine light stays off go to the shop but ask the inspector to check monitors before testing. He will know what you are talking about. If the light comes back on I'm betting on an electrical issue.

Harry Seaword

Hoopla Cash
$ 266.84
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a smog tech in California. You can't just reset the system then go for inspection. The sensor monitors will be incomplete and the vehicle will not pass. You have to reset then drive it at least thirty miles on the fwy. Keep it between 60 and 65 miles and hour in the slow lane (so you don't piss anyone off en sech). If the engine light stays off go to the shop but ask the inspector to check monitors before testing. He will know what you are talking about. If the light comes back on I'm betting on an electrical issue.

It could take multiple drive cycles bye the way.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pulp_fiction+big+brain+brett.jpg

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be something with your oxygen intake or you might not have your gas cap screwed on tight enough.

If you dont want to go to a mechanic right away (don't blame you) just google it.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unplug the check engine light.

But some expert advice is necessary.
More input is needed.

@ktg8trgrl
@Rex Racer
@TemptressToo
@Winged_Wheel88
@moxie
@Shelby
@bonham
@outofyourmind
@B_dub
@romeo212000
@tnapucco
@KansasSooner
@Jtrain80
@BoomerNTX
@Wishbone
@MarkOU
@sooner78wakeboard
@Scapegoat
@Proud_Okie
@Wheat
@Goldbug
@Pariah
@BusSport
@8085sooner
@Nosferatu
@thunderc
@Kevin12773
@PhilSimms11
@packerzrule
@SteelersPride
@Used 2 B Hu
@tabascojet
@TigerBait1971
@puckhead
@craigk217
@Inimical
@Manster7588
@Ewa PGH Fan
@pitman
@BoiseMike19
@BTHOtu
@Psych-Ward
@BritishDolfan
@popeyecv64
@BigRedMoe
@gobigred
@gohusk
@Brasky
@huskers1217
@Tomhusker
@Skerpokes
@Stinky56
@Carnzo
@Peter Gozintite
@KingKoolKat75
@Payton
@58crash
@Eugene Baker III
@AlaskaGuy
@Guns N Guitars
@fordman84
@TheRangerDude
@beardown07
@omarsrevenge
@thedddd
@TheDayMan
@lilchi721
@USCDoom
@Battlelyon
@darken65
@mcnabb7542
@Debbie Does
@ill
@Wild Turkey
@nathans8823
@7Samurai13
@Bayou Tiger
@RobToxin
@RobBase
@Inquisitor95
@Codaxx
@Texas Jefe
@TexasExes98
@ElTexan
@bamabear82
@Bamabino
@Bandwagonbo2
@theSabanator20
@GoldRusher
@There is A Moose at 3rd
@Cowboyinexile
@Wedgie
@potzer25
@Harry Seaword
@MISKO
@fordman84
@JuiceTheGator
@douggie
@fullxtension
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@NEhomer
@obxyankeefan
@LambeauLegs
@handicappers
@Balljim55
@DetroitDevil
@Tin Man
@Nasty_Magician
@bocomo007
@Guy Incognito
@OregonDucks
@Think McFly Think
@Darrell Green Fan
@Ritzarmy
@UK Cowboy
@wlk3
@MilkSpiller22
@Shanemansj13
@jeffro151
@mr.hockey4242
@Mebert
@Godstree
@steveringo
@Wamu
@VFL1995
@trojanfan12
@BigKen
@TheRobotDevil
@Clayton
@ATL96Steeler
@Tubbs1518
@IndyAndy
@The Crimson King
@gandydancer
@SJ76
@Wings
@wildturkey
@DrewScott
@TrustMeIamRight
@MAIZEandBLUE09
@Wingingit
@mall3013
@Airraidtech
@clemtheslowson
@Judge Fudge
@Macho Grande
@Dolgevillefootballfan
@seahawksfan234
@DutchBird
@PEOPLESCHICKEN
@megalodon30
@batchaps4me
@BigAppleBadger
@Bojack_Horseman
@Sharkonabicycle
@Full Potato
@Shower Fart
@Chris p Bacon
@God

No help from me.

Office worker. Not a mechanical bone in my booty

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible causes p1351:>.......... - Faulty Ignition Control Module - Ignition Control Module harness is open or shorted - Ignition Control Module circuit poor electrical connection What does this mean? What does this mean? When is the code detected? The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects an open in the Ignition Control Module (ICM) Possible symptoms - Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) P1351 Gmc Description The Ignition Control Module (ICM) has independent power and ground circuits. The circuits between the ICM and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) consists of the following circuits: -The ignition control (IC) timing signal -The IC timing control -The low resolution engine speed signal -The medium resolution engine signal -The camshaft position signal -The low reference The ICM sends 3X signals to the PCM, and controls the timing advance during engine cranking. The timing advance changes to PCM control after the following actions occur: The PCM receives the second 3X signal The PCM applies 5 volts to the ignition control (IC) timing signal circuit. The ICM monitors the CKP sync signal when the engine is cranking. The CKP sync signal is passed from the CKP sensor to the ICM on the CKP sensor 2 signal circuit. The CKP sync signal is used to determine the correct cylinder pair and initiate the ignition coil firing sequence. The 18X reference pulses are passed from the CKP sensor to the ICM on the CKP sensor 1 circuit. The 18X reference pulses are used for fuel injection and ignition control. After the ICM receives both signals, the ICM passes the 18X and 3X reference signals to the PCM. The CMP and the CKP sensors share a 12 volt reference and low reference circuit. The CKP sensor consists of the following circuits: -A 12 volt reference -A low reference -A CKP sensor 1 signal -A CKP sensor 2 signal.

So in short....replace the gas cap.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has a test light he can check if the ICM pulses. If it does not pulse he may have a faulty ICM or a bad connector between the CKP and ICM.

It has to pulse to find the correct cylinder to get the firing order correct.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor is a permanent magnet generator, known as a variable reluctance sensor. The magnetic field of the sensor is altered by a crankshaft mounted reluctor wheel that has seven machined slots, 6 of which are equally spaced 60 degrees apart. The seventh slot is spaced 10 degrees after one of the 60 degree slots. The CKP sensor produces seven pulses for each revolution of the crankshaft. The pulse from the 10 degree slot is known as the sync pulse. The sync pulse is used to synchronize the coil firing sequence with the crankshaft position. The CKP sensor is connected to the powertrain control module (PCM) by a signal circuit and a low reference circuit.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a 2000 GMC Sonoma 4wd 4.3L truck. Hard to start and I am getting a check engine light code p1351 ICM High voltage.

I have changed the following parts

ICM
Ignition coil
Distributor cap / rotor
Alternator
Temp sensor

Use the truck for hunting but Louisiana requires inspection sticker. Will not inspect with check engine light.

Any assistance on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Damn. Fuel pump pressure?

I have to admit, even w/o the code, camshaft and crank angel sensors are the number one sellers here.