• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Nebraska gift wrapped the game for Iowa with 4 int"

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you guy recognized your offense's turnovers blew the game. All we heard from Wisconsin fans after losing to NW is how the refs screwed them, even though they had 4 turnovers and 7 punts.

I know Iowa won, but I am still pissed they didn't convert a single 3rd down. Outside a handful of plays and penalties, Iowa's offense didn't do much.

Also, I am not seeing any criticism in saying Nebraska gift wrapped it by throwing 4 interceptions. If it helped win the game, it is a great thing.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, your team is unbeaten.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska blows, no one realistically expected Iowa would lose to them. They might use it as an excuse to let teams jump you though, so watch out.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was gift wrapped the moment they hired Mike Riley. :happy:

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch much because the brasky qb was just awful. Surprised he didn't get picked 7 or 8 times. 3rd and 1, lets launch it down field.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, felt similarly when Ole Miss beat Bama earlier in the season: It was a perfect storm of brain-dead coaching decisions, unforced turnovers, and Lady Luck taking a giant dump on Bama's face.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you guy recognized your offense's turnovers blew the game. All we heard from Wisconsin fans after losing to NW is how the refs screwed them, even though they had 4 turnovers and 7 punts.

I know Iowa won, but I am still pissed they didn't convert a single 3rd down. Outside a handful of plays and penalties, Iowa's offense didn't do much.

Also, I am not seeing any criticism in saying Nebraska gift wrapped it by throwing 4 interceptions. If it helped win the game, it is a great thing.

The better coached and more solid football team won

Congrats!

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L What a waste of 3 hours of my life that was. Suck-fest in slow motion.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect but if the Irish were lucky enough to get in, I want to draw Iowa. Please. Let Clemson and Bama bitch slap each other.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect but if the Irish were lucky enough to get in, I want to draw Iowa. Please. Let Clemson and Bama bitch slap each other.
If that doesn't work out for you, try the "paint" function.
upload_2015-11-28_11-44-52.png

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A defense taking the ball away is not an offense "gift wrapping" a game, though luck is certainly a part of sports. Clear to me that the final arbiter is the scoreboard.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Iowa on being 12-0.

It wasn't just interceptions. There are five problems with Nebraska; turnover ratio, pass defense, terrible coaching, special teams, and penalties.

Penalties Nebraska is one of the most penalized teams in the country, and in the first quarter Nebraska had 40 yards of penalties, and two of them nullified third down stops.

Bad coaching decisions again. Once again, this coaching staff has proven they would rather have an interception or an incompletion over a one yard gain. And then blame everything on how bad the run game was.

Inexplicable special teams game plan on kickoffs, both when kicking and returning.

The pass defense will claim improvement, but that is because Nebraska allowed big runs to Canzeri, and when something works, Iowa keeps using it. At Nebraska, if something in the run game works, then change to a pass and blame the lack of a run game.

Tommy Armstrong has shown over and over, that when he throws one interception because of a bad decision in a game, he is going to throw a few more. The coaching staff should have immediately gone to just running plays after the first interception and tried to figure out what to do for him. Allowing Tommy to throw a short screen pass from their own end zone was very idiotic, hence, Iowa gets a pick six. There are also some rumors that Tommy called some audibles in the game that were not supposed to be run.

For me, the best news is that the coaching staff has used up a lot of their excuses. The two coordinators and the special teams coach are all very suspect in my book. And I don't really think Riley is a coach. I think he is public relations only. All coaching decisions have been delegated. If so, then the people that it has been delegated to, suck.