• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA Tournament

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, the brackets have been out a few days, so the question is how far can UNC go?? My opinion is they have a realistic chance of getting to the Elite 8 if they can get by Iowa State. Not that I'm discounting Providence, but UNC is 10-0 in their first tournament game under Roy. Providence is not a deep team so officiating may be a huge factor. If the game is like the Pitt game and EVERYTHING is a foul, UNC is almost a lock. Almost none of the experts have UNC getting past Iowa State, and UNC tends to play to the competition, so that game will be interesting. As a side note, Stuart Scott (UNC alum) picked the Heels to win it all!! Myself, I have them losing in the Elite 8 to Michigan State. However, Roy owns Izzo, so who knows.

What does everyone else have??

P.S. - I have Florida winning it all (really out on a limb there)

heelfan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for UNC, I am pretty much thinking the same as you. Take care of Providence and get past Iowa State and ya never know. I think Louisville is underseeded (like all the experts) and I see them coming out of their region and winning it all.

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will tell you if they get by Providence, ISU will be a very tough game. ISU is capable of winning it all. They are like most teams, never know what team will show up. I am also going with Florida winning it all. Would love to see the Heels go to elite 8, but don't see it.

SuperGnat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like ISU's stud forward broke his foot last night. Probably a bigger break for us as that guy would have been tough for us to guard.

I am currently tied for 1,196th place in the InsideCarolina bracket challenge...got everyone right where I want them!!

I have UofL winning it all, with the Heels losing to MSU in the Elite 8 game. Final four is still in tact with Florida, UofL, Mich St. and Creighton.

Last edited by a moderator:

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today could be interesting. Teams often rally around a fallen teammate (Andre Ware of Louisville the most recent example). ISU will play extremely small, so the question to me is will UNC be forced to match, or can we keep Meeks in the rotation and get him quality looks inside. JMM has to learn how to stay out of foul trouble in the first half as well. Could be a big game for Brice Johnson. UNC and UVa are the last 2 ACC teams standing, lets hope they both are after today!

heelfan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some teams don't or can't make up for the loss of a key player (UNC in '84 when Kenny Smith was lost before the tournament; or K Marshall in '12). This game can be won by either team. ISU is still very dangerous as they still have 6 players shooting 33% or better from the 3-point line. Carolina is now probably the deeper team...I saw some ISU fan posts that mentioned if any ISU players get in foul trouble it will make it that much harder. Go Heels!

heelfan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now add the injury to Brice Johnson in 2014 against ISU. Meeks played great today!! But after 31 minutes he was exhausted...he had nothing left. Late in the game Meeks got a rebound and tried putting it back while still in the air and missed. Johnson probably would have had a two-hand put-back slam. The injury to Johnson negated the loss of Niang and lessened Carolinas ability to sub in fresh bodies. I'm still proud of this team though...overcame the loss of PJ early this season and put together a good season.

I think McAdoo returns for his senior season and Paige for his junior and this team only loses McDonald. Bring back basically the entire team...add a top freshman class...Meeks gets in a little better shape before next season and this is a championship caliber team.

Was a rough ending...thought they had the ISU game with 3 minutes left...but it wasn't to be... but Roy has this team headed in the right direction. I smell UNC's third championship in 11 years. GO Heels!!

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Smith played in the tournament in 1984, plus UNC was 7-1 in the eight games he missed, but it no doubt changed the complexion of that team. I agree that everyone but McDonald is back next year. McAdoo is clearly not ready for the NBA and I'm sure he'll be told that by multiple people. Plus he enjoys college and I think he looks at Hansbrough's return and thinks he could get a championship too with the improvement of this years' freshmen and next year's class.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss hurt we blew it. I thought we could handle uconn.
but this team overcame alot can't be too upset. good news next year looks bright mcadoo will be back NBA stock is a big lol so we should be back deep and ready

Flag hunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ole Roy did a great job with this team. Can,t wait for next year already. I hope one of those freshman can come right in and be a scorer. Meeks should improve. He needs to be able to play 28-30 mins a game. James and Hubert can split the 10 mins. Paige, McAdoo, Tokoto, Brice Johnson all back. Roy needs to turn Isaiah hicks into the best rebounder in ACC. Tar Heels should be a top 10 team next yr.

SuperGnat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what this team gave us in December and January, I am happy that we were in the E8 discussions. Tough season and in a way, happy it's behind us. Hate the way we lost to ISU, but perhaps this motivates us to get to the Final 4 next year.

Props to Paige this year...stepped up to get us to where we ended up. No need for him to kill himself over the last game of the season. He's a good dude and proud he's a Tar Heel!

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Smith played in the tournament in 1984, plus UNC was 7-1 in the eight games he missed, but it no doubt changed the complexion of that team. I agree that everyone but McDonald is back next year. McAdoo is clearly not ready for the NBA and I'm sure he'll be told that by multiple people. Plus he enjoys college and I think he looks at Hansbrough's return and thinks he could get a championship too with the improvement of this years' freshmen and next year's class.

Well this is certainly promising.

SAN ANTONIO: UNC's Paige, McAdoo expected to return and be joined by elite recruits | North Carolina | NewsObserver.com

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they have that bad taste in their mouth all off season and don't get it out till at least the final four. big key is when need a scorer and reliable pt.paige doesn't need to do both.