• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA Investigating Fraud

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA investigating academic fraud at 20 schools, per report - CBSSports.com

The NCAA is investigating allegations of academic misconduct on the campuses of 20 member schools, the association's head of enforcement told The Chronicle of Higher Education.

While no schools were named in the report, the official did say that 18 cases are in Division I, with one in Division II and one in Division III. The cases are all in different stages, and involve a wide range of allegations of impermissible assistance from professors, academic advisers or third-party representatives from outside the athletic department.

The report goes on to detail the NCAA's increased investment of resources into punishing academic fraud at its member institutions, including the establishment of a academic integrity group within its enforcement department and additional training for the association's investigators.

These cases could involve any number of sports within the Division I structure (Georgia's recent issues in the swimming and diving program, for example, is mentioned in the article), but the ongoing investigation at North Carolina will continue to be the most frequently mentioned case on the national radar.

An independent report by Kenneth Wainstein, released in October, found that students and student-athletes at UNC had benefited from no-show classes in the African-American Studies department for 18 years. That report was sent to the NCAA, which announced in June 2014 that it had reopened an investigation in academic fraud after the cooperation of key witnesses.

NCAA officials said, per the Chronicle on Higher Eduction report, that the increase in alleged academic violations can be attributed to many factors, including "stricter NCAA academic standards and a rise in cheating among college students in general."

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just guessing, but can you say..........................................

AALABALMAAFOOTBALL.jpg

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Photo shopped or not, that is some ironically funny shit thar. :nod:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking uNCheaters gets double penetration probation.:nod:

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking uNCheaters gets double penetration probation.:nod:

After the limp wristed smack they received a few years ago I doubt the NCAA will do anything to them again. Mark Emmertt will find a way to let them off with a double warning and a hug.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida is probably innocent because we know Florida likes getting schooled.

AfraidShinyBluebreastedkookaburra.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida players were surely in class for this play, because they sure as hell weren't anywhere near Amari Cooper.

AliveShamelessDungbeetle.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here, backup professor Jacob Coker rewards a Florida CB for being a great student with a highlight.

FloridaBamaTD7.gif

It's too bad we don't get to play Florida every year. Screw you LSU with your easy east schedule. :dhd:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell us more.

PU0kg7o.jpg

Those cocksuckers get one penalty stuck up their ass and one up their pussy. I'm sure they are grabbing others in each hand and sticking one down their throat for good measure. They are the 18 year whores of cheating. They need a penalty in each and every orifice the NCAA can find.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want names!! No fun without names!

You're supposed to assume Alabama(or any team you don't like) is in it because your team is obviously the best in the world and the only way anyone else can be better is if they are cheating.

You beat South Carolina 1 year and suddenly everything goes out the window.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're supposed to assume Alabama(or any team you don't like) is in it because your team is obviously the best in the world and the only way anyone else can be better is if they are cheating.

You beat South Carolina 1 year and suddenly everything goes out the window.

:lol:

I'm ashamed of myself. I may need some remedial classes to get it back together.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please, anyone who has spent any serious time on any major school's campus knows that the star athletes get all kinds of preferential treatment, including lots of academic "assistance." It's more likely that the schools in this investigation weren't as careful covering the tracks as everyone else.

I can only say one thing to the fans who think that their fine institutions don't fudge academics for their top athletes. You are stupider than they are.:nod:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with the University of Barner Chappedasses. They were on academic probation and in danger of losing accreditation for ushering illiterates through the Sociology Dept. less than 10 years ago.