• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Thoughts on the 2015 season

B

bravesfan1

Well, the season is over, and while we are watching the playoffs, each of us having hopes of a different teams success(m going for the Cubs), here are my thoughts...

If anyone thought ths would this would be a great or good season, I will call them a liar. This wasnt a team designed to win.

I saw the writing on the wall when all the trades were made...

I was ok with the Jason Heyward trade... getting Shelby Miller was a great deal(and also gettng Tyler Jenkins, hopefully he will be as promised)

I was also ok with the Kimbrel Trade.Yes, it sucked seeing him go, but if it was to unload Melvins contract, it was well worth it.

I did question the Gattis Trade...but having AJ made it seem better.

I also understoon the Upton Trade...there was no gurentee that he was going to stay a Brave after this year anyways, so at least we got something for him.

One thing this season did is show that the Braves are just a couple of hitters away(and getting Shelby run support)and an arm or 2 in the bullpen.

Most experts pinned the Braves at a 100+ loss team, and they stayed under that.

Im not looking for a big improvement next year, maybe a 75-80 loss team... but then it will be awesome again

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look for us to be about a .500 ball club next year. We will win somewhere between 75 and 82 games.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't think we would be as bad as we were last season, I thought we'd be within a few games of .500, but I was wrong. We had a decent first half of the year, we were in it right until the All Star break.

Grilli going down killed our bull pen. Jim Johnson did fine at closer, but it stretched what was already a weak middle relief group, and when Johnson was traded to LA, we had nothing left. We had Miller getting no run support, Teheran having his worst season as a pro, and Alex Wood until he was traded, then it became a revolving door of rookies, all of whom showed flashes of brilliance, but they were rookies and not ready for the big time. Plus Freeman missing significant portions of the season killed our offense as well. We were never really contenders, but with a healthy Freeman and Grilli all season, I don't think we would have been as bad as we were.

2016 will likely be just as bad, possibly a little worse than last season.

Adding Inciarte and Aybar will improve our offense some, but after the Miller trade, we have Teheran, a bunch of rookies and Bud Norris as our rotation. Aybar doesn't have Simmons' glove, but he is better with the bat.

With all the prospects we've racked up in these trades, and the lot of them we have ranked in the top 100 prospects in baseball, hopefully the next few years will be like the Cubs have been the last couple where there's a seemingly never ending line a of prospects that we'll be greatly anticipating their MLB debuts.

Given the players on the team now, our starting lineup will be something like:

1. Ender Inciarte- CF
2. Erik Aybar- SS
3. Freddie Freeman- 1B
4. AJ Pierynski- C
5. Nick Markakis- RF
6. Hector Olivera- LF
7. Adonis Garcia- 3B
8. Jace Peterson- 2B

BN- Tyler Flowers- C
BN- Gordon Beckham- utl inf
BN- Nick Swisher- 1B/corner OF
BN- Michael Bourn- OF
BN- Daniel Castro- middle infielder

SP- Julio Teheran
SP- Matt Wisler
SP- Williams Perez
SP- Bud Norris
SP- Aaron Blair(the 5th spot is really up in the air, Folty, Banuelos, Jenkins, Weber, etc are all in play)

CL- Jason Grilli
SU- Aroldis Vizcaino
BP- Jim Johnson
BP- Andrew McKirahan
BP- Brandon Cunniff
BP- Mike Foltynewicz
BP- Evan Rutckyj(rule 5, either he's on the roster, and he's not in our organization anymore)

Shae Simmons and Paco Rodriguez will be parts of the BP at some point this season.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will easily be the worst team in baseball IMO.