• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Preferred Second Half Lineup

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, we have had a solid first half of a season and even after all of the ups and downs we are still in first place. With our SP being as awful as it was our offense (Goldy) had to carry most of the load. But now with everyone back and healthy I would like to see some changes (or no changes) to the lineup. Guys have had solid production, some have been awful *cough* Montero, Kubel, Pennington. And notably Parra is regressing to his old self after having such an amazing first few months. With that, my new preferred lineup vs RHP would be as follows:
1. Eaton
2. Prado
3. Goldy
4. Hill
5. Montero
6. Parra
7. Didi
8. Pollock.
9. Pitcher spot
You're probably thinking "what the f-ck that is an awful lineup". Well, I don't know or care. I think Prado is playing very well as of late and would benefit even more at the top of the lineup. Goldy is Goldy, Hill has been, and will continue to be good in the cleanup spot. Montero had a terrible first half but has shown that he always has good second halves. Parra is slumping/regressing, whatever you want to call it, but I think he's coming down to Earth and will remain in the .280s-290s for the rest of the year. Didi was solid in the 2 spot but with Prado possibly batting there he would remain in the 8 spot or hopefully move up to the 7 spot where he can be just as effective. And now that leaves AJ Pollock, sure you think he shouldn't be in the lineup vs a righty but would you rather have a young and improving Pollock there or a very streaky Ross or an awful Jason Kubel there? Thought so. You could make a few changes here and there and switch up the order or switch the players if the pitcher is a lefty etc. etc. But that is my lineup that I would like to see in the second half that could give this team the best chance to win.

Thoughts?:hope:

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing no replies means nobody cares or this was a pointless article. Eh, maybe next time.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that lineup. Parra, Eaton, and Pollock are my preferred outfielders. Ross and Kubel have been awful. The 2 spot is where Prado should have been hitting all along (had he not started the season so poorly). Now that he is actually starting to hit better, Gibby can justify hitting him 2nd.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that lineup. Not that order though. Migs bats 8th. Parra bats 2nd.

I agree.

1. Eaton CF
2. Parra RF
3. Goldy 1B
4. Hill 2B
5. Prado 3B
6. Didi SS
7. Pollock LF
8. Miggy C
9. Pitcher

When Chavez is hot, you can move Prado out to LF and get Chavez in at 3B (or Davidson :D). If Miggy gets hot then move him up to 5th or 6th and drop everyone down. If Parra keeps sucking then use Southside's lineup.