• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My PC's back... and so are my previews! (2018 CFB Preview thread, part 1)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Mexico

Preview segment: The New Mexico Lobos

Last season: Man... The bloom fell off New Mexico's rose FAST! From a 9-win season in 2016, to a 9-loss season in 2017... and that wasn't even the worse part! No, that came when Bob Davie got suspended without pay for alleged abusive behavior afterwards.
Now I'm hearing that the university is having some financial problems. So hopefully some good news will come from the football team in the fall.

Good news: There's some hope on offense, as new offensive coordinator Calvin Magee is looking to open up the playbook. The D-line has some good players...

Bad news: ...but not too much experience. In total, only 8 starters will return to the team, including only 3 on offense.

Key games:
9/15 @ New Mexico State (The Lobos will get a shot of much-needed optimism if they get revenge on their in-state rivals.)
10/13 @ Colorado State (On October 20th, New Mexico lost a tough one at home to CSU 27-24, and the Lobos never recovered.)
10/20 vs. Fresno State (No, wait. Maybe the season ended when the Bulldogs smashed them 38-0.)
11/3 vs. San Diego State (By this time, we'll know if the Lobos offense is still working.)

Bottom line: As you probably have guessed, I try to be more of a optimist when it comes to college football teams. But honestly, it does not look good for New Mexico in 2018. It looks like a guarantee that the Lobos will finish last in the Mountain division... and you gotta wonder if Bob Davie will survive to see 2019.
Calvin Magee, THIS Calvin Magee?

2008 Michigan Wolverines football team - Wikipedia

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida International

Preview segment: The Florida International Golden Panthers

Last season: When Butch Jones got hired by FIU last year, the school was hoping that he could quietly build up a winning program. And, MAN did he start off with a bang! Not only did he get FIU to a bowl in his first year, but FIU tied the school record for wins in a single season with 8.
...Something tells me that's not gonna happen in 2018.

Bad news: Only 6 starters total will return, including only 2 on offense. The secondary looks a little green, and the duel to replace Alex McGough as the starting QB may continue LONG into the summer.

Good news: Depth is getting better for FIU, and the running game shows some promise.

Key games:
9/8 @ Old Dominion (All of Butch's new players would just love to win this critical C-USA opener.)
9/22 @ Miami (Oh dear... It's Butch Jones's return to the school that he dragged out of the doldrums in the late 90's.)
10/13 vs. Middle Tennessee (By this time, FIU should have a starting QB up and running... which is what they'll need to beat the Blue Raiders.)
11/3 vs. Florida Atlantic (After all the success FAU achieved in 2017, FIU won't need any more momentum for this rivalry rematch.)

Bottom line: 2017 was a happy surprise for FIU fans, but with so many new pieces in 2018 it's hard to see them take another step forward. But cheer up, Golden Panthers! You might have to sit out the bowl season this year, but the future still looks bright.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas-San Antonio

Preview segment: The Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners

Last season: There was a little old-school feel to the Roadrunners as they went 6-5 but didn't get a bowl berth (like a few "mid-majors" back in the early 00's). Maybe it was their offensive struggles that caused that to happen.

Good news: Despite losing a few players from a Top-5 defense, UTSA still has the talent to stop almost anybody with a strong D-line. The kicking game looks good as well.

Bad news: If RB Jalen Rhodes goes down, UTSA's running game may go nowhere. The QB spot is unsettled, and I don't see a playmaker at WR as of yet.

Key games:
9/1 @ Arizona State (Yep. The Roadrunners will be the first ones to enter the 3-ring circus known as "Herm Edwards coaching in college".)
10/13 vs. Louisiana Tech (If all goes well, UTSA will be 2-0 in the conference entering this important game in the West division. Plus, La-Tech cliched a bowl berth last year at UTSA's expense.)
11/24 vs. North Texas (On UTSA's Senior Day, the Roadrunners might have a chance to ruin North Texas's shot at winning the division.)

Bottom line: Sorry if I didn't sound too enthusiastic, but with a rebuilding offense and some key players leaving it does not look good for the Roadrunners. They'll at least be better that UTEP and Rice this season, but they are SO not bowling in 2018. Not unless some youngsters step up.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall

Preview segment: The Marshall Thundering Herd

Last season: After the 2016 season, Marshall fans were like this: :pout: . They were all mopey after a rough 3-9 mark.
But after the 2017 season, a rediscovery of the offense and the play of Chase Litton led Marshall to a 8-5 record, leaving Marshall fans like this: :music: . Mind you, they're not overly happy yet, but they MIGHT be this season.

Good news: When you have a stingy run defense and an experienced O-line, that usually bodes well for your season. Even more so if you have some of the best WR's in the conference that the QB can throw to (more on him later).

Bad news: Forcing more turnovers was a priority for Marshall in the spring, and the kicking game is a bit unproven.

2018 X-factor: New QB Alex Thomson- Former Wagner quarterback Alex Thomson will join the team amidst quite a bit of SportsHoopla, as he set a few records at his old school. Is this graduate-transfer QB as good as everyone says he is? Well, nobody in Huntington is mourning the loss of Chase Litton yet, so maybe he is!

Key games:
9/22 vs. NC State (Marshall's September slate includes a trip to South Carolina and this game against the Wolfpack. How much fun would it be if we got a QB duel between Ryan Finley and Alex Thomson?)
10/5 vs. Middle Tennessee (That game with NC State could be fun. This one, however, will be all business as 2 contenders for the C-USA East face off on a Friday night.)
10/20 vs. Florida Atlantic (This could be the biggest game in the C-USA East this year when Lane Kiffin visits Huntington. And don't forget: Marshall almost got the Owls last year in Boca Raton.)
11/3 @ Southern Miss (The Golden Eagles ruined Senior Day for the Herd last year 28-27.)

Bottom line: Honestly, I think Marshall is better equipped to take on Florida Atlantic in the C-USA East than Middle Tennessee is. And if Alex Thomson comes through like the Marshall faithful is hoping he will, FAU might want to be careful in that game on October 20th.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte

Preview segment: The Charlotte 49ers

Last season: A miserable 1-11, and that one win was by 1 point.

Good news: The offensive line is talented and deep, and the rushing game should put up some points.

Bad news: The coaching staff is moving to a pro-style attack, which is leaving the QB job up in the air. And the defense still has a ways to go.

Key games:
9/1 vs. Fordham (Included in that awful 1-11 season from a year ago was a loss to FCS program North Carolina A&T.)
9/29 @ UAB (The 49ers travel to Birmingham to face the only team they beat last season.)
10/13 vs. Western Kentucky (If the 49ers defense show some improvements, this C-USA game looks winnable.)
11/17 vs. Florida International (Charlotte WAS close to beating FIU in Miami last year before losing 30-29.)

Bottom line: Coach Brad Lambert has been lauding his new assistants (5 of them in total) on the staff, and the energy level is up in Charlotte. But I don't know if that new energy will be enough for Brad to keep his job as the 49ers are in for another rough year.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Western Kentucky

Preview segment: The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers

Last season:

Shame. After great success in 2015 and 2016, we all thought that Western Kentucky was on it's way to being a strong pillar for the "Group of 5" schools". Instead, their running game went to shit, their turnover margin fell into the toilet, and WKU had a losing mark at 6-7. All while their punter entered the "Sportscenter Not Top 10" hall of shame.
Now in 2018, the Hilltoppers have a simple question to answer: Can they recover?

Good news: The players are in Year 2 of Mike Sanford's run-heavy offense, so the execution should be better. The defense has the chance to be great, as 7 starters come back including a good secondary.

Bad news: Obviously, the running game has to get better, but I don't see anybody on WKU's roster that can break a deep run. Wide-receiver is another area of concern. And playing at Wisconsin and Louisville early on will NOT help either group get off to a good start.

Key games:
9/29 vs. Marshall (WKU's defense can keep them in the game, but will the QB step up here?)
10/20 vs. Old Dominion (I think this could be a ugly 17-10 game.)
11/2 @ Middle Tennessee (The Hilltoppers won a 3-OT thriller the last time they faced the Blue Raiders. And if they upset MTSU again...)
11/10 @ Florida Atlantic (...it'll bode well for them entering this big showdown.)

Bottom line: Fans at Western Kentucky doesn't want their team to be fighting just for bowl berths. They want to compete for championships. And if the Hilltopper offense shows improvement, there's a chance they'll compete in the C-USA East.
If not... well, they'll be stuck just fighting for a bowl berth in 2018.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTEP

Preview segment: The Texas El-Paso Miners

Last season: Just... plain... abysmal. No other way to say it.

Good news: Praise is already going out to new head coach Dana Dimel thanks to a renewed energy in the spring. That should help the offense get more points on the board.

Bad news: Lots of questions still need to be answered. Like "Will UTEP have big problems with their kicking game?", and "Can the defense survive it's lack of depth?"

Key games:
9/1 vs. Northern Arizona (Lindy's magazine poses this question: "If the Miners don't win [this game], does the nation's longest losing streak become a mental block?". Ah, I'm sure coach Dimel will have his kids ready for this one.)
9/22 vs. New Mexico State (In the "Battle of I-10" rivalry, UTEP must do their best to defeat a former "brother-in-misery" in the Aggies.)
10/6 vs. North Texas (By this time, we'll know how well UTEP's new offense is doing.)
11/3 @ Rice (Remember when Sports Illustrated used to hype the "Mr. Irrelevant game" in their CFB preview magazines? Well, we'll have one of those here in Houston if the Miners struggle again.)

Bottom line: With a new surge of energy, UTEP and their new coach seems ready to move up. But the rebuild is gonna take while, so we can ignore the Miners again this season.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor @Deep Creek
giphy.gif

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisiana Tech

Preview segment: The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs

Last season: Another winning season, and another bowl win. That's become the calling card for Louisiana Tech over the past few years. But after three straight 9-win seasons, 2017's 7-6 record HAD to be a disappointment. Especially when La-Tech had to win it's last 2 games just to get that bowl berth.

Good news: Another year in La-Tech's system should help QB J'Mar Smith get better, especially if the O-line and WR groups stay healthy.

Bad news: Sometimes, teams DO indeed miss their kickers, and La-Tech will miss theirs (Jonathon Barnes) from last year. And the defense will take a step back if the linebackers don't step up.

Key games:
9/29 @ North Texas (After a rough trip to LSU, the Bulldogs must readjust quickly. Because trust me, this game WILL help decide who wins a wide-open West division.)
10/6 vs. UAB (La-Tech was one of the teams that UAB surprised last season.)
10/27 @ Florida Atlantic (Ah, this one's nothing special. Just a game between maybe the biggest marquee teams in Conference USA right now.)
11/17 @ Southern Miss (The Golden Eagles stopped La-Tech in double-OT last season 34-27. And if the Bulldogs aren't careful, Southern Miss could steal the division from them right here.)

Bottom line: At the moment, I'm leaning towards North Texas to win the West division, but regardless you can't ignore the potential of this squad. If the offense becomes more explosive, Skip Holtz's team has as good a chance as any to face Florida Atlantic (or maybe someone else) in the C-USA title game.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida Atlantic

Preview segment: The Florida Atlantic Owls

Last season: I remember this so well. When Lane Kiffin shot his YouTube video saying how happy he was to be at FAU, Gonzalo Le-Batard from Highly Questionable said this about it; "What's he really saying is this: 'Hello. I am Lane Kiffin. Help me. I have made a big mistake. I used to be on a team that won titles. Now I'm stuck here at FAU, where we will be lucky to get 3 wins. If anybody sees this video, please send someone to rescue me. :finger: Go Owls!"

...Little did we know that Lane Kiffin would use this job to save himself. With RB Devin Singletary and a optimistic defense, the Owls would rack up 10 straight wins to end the season. And that streak included a C-USA title and a 50-3 bowl victory. Now all of the preseason magazines has jumped onto the "Lane train" once again in hopes that FAU can achieve bigger goals in 2018. But... I'm not ready to do that just yet.

Bad news: Lindy's Magazine barely mentioned that QB Jeff Driskel had given up football before spring ball. But with 3 starters gone from the O-line, finding a mobile QB is a must for Kiffin in the summer. A new kicker and punter is also needed, so special teams could be an adventure.

Good news: Other than that, things look OK; Singletary is still here and so are some good receivers. 10 starters return on that tough defense, including a deep front line and nasty linebackers.

Key games:
9/21 @ UCF (Florida Atlantic's opener against Oklahoma looks big, but if they lose that one nobody will hold it against Lane. Now if FAU can't take down the mighty Golden Knights, THEN we can say good-bye to Florida Atlantic making the "New Year's Six" this year.)
9/29 @ Middle Tennessee (Another strike against Lane and his team is the hard C-USA slate that he's got, starting with this visit to a big contender for the East Divsion.)
10/20 @ Marshall (This one also looks scary, especially if Marshall's Alex Thomson works out well for the Herd.)
10/27 vs. Louisiana Tech (As I mentioned yesterday, this looks like a marquee match-up in Conference USA. Problem is, will FAU be caught looking ahead...)
11/3 @ Florida International (...to this massive rivalry game?)

Bottom line: There's no doubt that the Owls are excited for the 2018 season; they have the league's MVP in Singletary and a strong defense. All Lane Kiffin has to do is find a solid QB to replace Driskel, and FAU could be a shoo-in to return to the C-USA title game.
Just don't be surprised if the Owls implode and lose the division. We HAVE been burned by heavily-hyped Lane Kiffin-coached teams in the past...

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle Tennessee

Preview segment: The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders

Last season: 2017 was a bit of an unlucky year for the Blue Raiders. They did win a bowl game, but major injuries to major players stopped MTSU from shooting for bigger prizes.

Good news: Ask Syracuse and Arkansas State; when Rick Stockstill and his helpers at RB and WR are healthy, they are lethal. In all, 17 starters are back including a defense that can make big plays.

Bad news: Sadly, D.J Sanders is not coming back, so the linebacker spot will be a bit of a worry. And let's hope Stockstill can stay healthy this time, because the Raider offense was s--t without him.

Key games:
9/29 vs. Florida Atlantic (If MTSU can survive early trips to Vanderbilt and Georgia, then they can totally survive Devin Singletary and that FAU defense. But if they want to break that defense, Stockstill will have to deliver.)
10/5 @ Marshall (Just one problem: If the Blue Raiders DO stun FAU, will they have a hangover for this important C-USA East game?)
11/2 vs. Western Kentucky (See my Western Kentucky preview.)
11/24 vs. UAB (This should be a fun Senior Day game: A Blue Raider team possibly playing for a division crown verses a Blazers team possibly playing for a bowl berth.)

Bottom line: Say... This preview was easier than I thought it was gonna be! All Middle Tennessee has to do is stay healthy and they'll get another trip to the postseason. Anything beyond that depends on whether or not the Blue Raiders defeats either FAU or Marshall in those early games.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Dominion

Preview segment: The Old Dominion Monarchs

Last season: Yeah... There WAS a drop-off for the Monarchs from that 10-win season a couple of years ago as they went 5-7. Yet ODU had the discovery of QB Steven Williams and a 4-game winning streak late in the season, so optimism is high in Norfolk for this year.

Bad news: Last year, ODU lost 17 players due to season-ending injuries, and the Monarchs are hoping that at least most of them are ready to come back. Cutting back on turnovers is a must, and the run defense also must get better.

Good news: Hopes are high that Williams will cut back on mistakes he made as a freshman, and he'll have a veteran wide-receiver group to throw to.

Key games:
9/1 @ Liberty (Hey! Did you know that Liberty University is in Lynchburg, Virginia? The same state that the Monarchs are in?)
9/8 vs. Florida International (An important conference opener for BOTH squads in the C-USA East.)
10/27 vs. Middle Tennessee (The Blue Raiders ended that 4-game winning streak for ODU 41-10 on the last game of the season... and killed their bowl chances in the process.)
11/10 vs. North Texas (The Monarchs get 2 weeks to prep for this one, and it could be a good QB duel between Steven Williams and UNT's Mason Fine.)

Bottom line: This is honestly a hard team to forecast. I mean, it appears that ODU will be better than 2017's squad, but will that be enough to make headway in their division? Hmm... I'll make the Monarchs the "wild-card" team of Conference USA in 2018 and see what happens.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Texas

Preview segment: The North Texas Mean Green

Last season: In 2 years, Seth Littrell has turned North Texas from a punching bag in the state of Texas to... like, a REAL team! With QB Mason Fine and the offense running wild, the Mean Green achieved a rare 9-win season. And with Mason back, fans in Denton are hoping that happens again.

Bad news: Just one problem. Go ask UNT's defense what it was like to get skunked by Lane Kiffin's Owls twice in one season, to get 54 points hung on them by SMU, and to allow Troy to get 50 in their bowl game.
Yeah... I think that unit needs to get fixed quickly.

Good news: If the defense DOES get better, then the Mean Green will have more margin for error on offense; rejoining Mason on offense will be a good run game and 4 of his top 5 receivers from a year ago.

Key games:
9/1 vs. SMU (In the opener, we'll see if UNT's defense will make ANY sort of effort to stop the Mustangs this time.)
9/29 vs. Louisiana Tech (Pretty sure that whoever wins this one will have at least a 70% chance to win the C-USA West this season.)
10/20 @ UAB (I think North Texas can handle the Golden Eagles easily. But the following week, they must go and visit a team that gave them quite a fright last time out.)
11/17 vs. Florida Atlantic (This game is really more for UNT's psyche than anything else. I mean, if they get to the C-USA title game again and have to fight FAU again, then would you want home-field advantage and the psychological edge? 'Cause that what Lane Kiffin will have if he beats the Mean Green again.)

Bottom line: This one's actually pretty easy to call. North Texas is LOADED on offense, so if the defense improves they're a shoo-in to win another division title. But the conference title? If North Texas misses FAU (or beats them on 11/17), they'll be fine. But if they can't, God help them.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State

Preview segment: The Boise State Broncos

Last season: Fans in Boise were JUST a little concerned about their team after a 2-2 start. But when they punched out #19 San Diego State IN San Diego, everything changed.
And by the time Christmas came around, Boise State had their first conference title since 2014 and their first win over a "Power 5" school in a long while. So brace yourselves, CFB fans; people in Boise are now thinking "New Year's Six" or bust this season... once again.

Good news: Well, where do you start? Brett Rypien, a 1,000-yard rusher in Alexander Mattison, a veteran O-line, and 9 starters returning on defense.

Bad news: However, NFL 1st-Rounder Leighton Vander Eash is not one of them. And there may be problems early on for Rypien; his top two targets from last year are gone as well.

Key games:
9/15 @ Oklahoma State (Once again, we'll know where Boise State stands very early on. The Broncos offense can make a BIG statement if it outguns the Cowboys.)
9/29 @ Wyoming (Don't sleep on this one, Boise State! Wyoming may no longer have Josh Allen, but their defense looks NASTY.)
10/6 vs. San Diego State (A potential preview of the Mountain West championship game.)
10/27 @ Air Force (Don't sleep on this game, either; the Broncos have never won at the Air Force academy.)
11/9 vs. Fresno State (These two teams split the bit last year, with Boise... Wait a minute. This game's on a Friday, right? Didn't Fresno beat Boise the last time these 2 met on a Friday night?)
11/24 vs. Utah State (Shoot, I almost forgot about this game! ...Ah, I'll get to it tomorrow.)

Bottom line: After a couple of relatively down years, Boise State is back to a team screaming for big-money bowls and national respect. With all that talent returning, Boise is rightly the favorite to win the Mountain West again and shoot for (maybe) the Fiesta Bowl. But god help coach Bryan Harsin if Boise fails to get the job done.

It scares me to think of how promising this season could be since I've been used to disappointment as of late. It really depends on how Rypien plays to start the year, he can't come out playing awful again like last year

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It scares me to think of how promising this season could be since I've been used to disappointment as of late. It really depends on how Rypien plays to start the year, he can't come out playing awful again like last year

It’s up to Rypien. Unfortunately my prediction is he lets us down again this season. He came in with a tremendous amount of hype and under pressure to perform at the highest level. And even though he has been 1st team all-conference in two seasons and 2nd team in the other, sadly he has underwhelmed in my opinion.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice

Preview segment: The Rice Owls

Last season: A god-awful 1-11 mark that spelled the end of David Bailiff's tenure at this private Houston school.

Good news: New coach David Bloomgren knows how to succeed at an academic school (he coached at Stanford for the last 7 seasons), and the running backs Rice has should be able to run his pro-style attack.

Bad news: Unfortunately, the rest of the team will take some work. Of note, the line play (on BOTH offense and defense) is gonna need a LOT of help.

Key games:
9/1 vs. Houston (Hopefully, Rice will have found a QB by the time their inner-city rivals come to visit.)
10/6 vs. UTSA (Another in-state contest that the Owls should focus on.)
10/20 @ Florida International (The Owls almost took out FIU last season.)
11/3 vs. UTEP (See my UTEP preview.)

Bottom line: With 13 games to deal with (including 8 against bowl teams from a year ago) and a new offense to learn, it's best to just leave Rice alone and wait for some improvement in 2019.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you considered putting your writing and insight to work a real job in some way?

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama-Birmingham

The last preview segment for Conference USA: The UAB Blazers

Last season: Look. All you have to do is look at those shirts around the UAB campus that read "Mr. #130", and you'll know how excited they are were for that bowl trip to the Bahamas. Away from the sport since 2014, and UAB cobbles together a 8-win season... and now they're thinking about a divisional title. What a great ride this has been so far!

Good news: Almost every starter from UAB's offense returns, including QB A.J Erdely and RB Spencer Brown.

Bad news: UAB is still working on accumulating depth on defense, and losing some key seniors will not help matters. Plus, the great run UAB had in 2017 means that they can't sneak past anybody this time around.

Key games:
9/15 vs. Tulane (The magazines are saying "UAB can ease it's way into the season" with their early games. I don't know; Tulane doesn't look too bad this season.)
10/6 @ Louisiana Tech (With La-Tech smelling a C-USA West championship, you know that they will NOT underestimate the Blazers this season.)
10/20 vs. North Texas (And on that note, neither will the Mean Green.)
11/10 vs. Southern Miss (I'll bet UAB was very happy to see their old rivals again after their absence. And considering that UAB clobbered the Golden Eagles 30-12, I think they had a great time.)

Bottom line: You know, UAB has never been to consecutive bowl games in their whole history. And the bottom of the C-USA West is pretty weak. So if UAB's offense gets better as everyone hopes it will, this comeback story will have another fun chapter in the form of a bowl.
Just be careful in your pursuit of the West division, UAB; the surprise factor you used in 2017 is LONG gone.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference USA predictions

Before I continue my countdown for that "Crash Bandicoot" game that'll be coming out soon for the Switch, let me lay out this conference for you quickly:

C-USA East:
1. Florida Atlantic
2. Marshall
3. Middle Tennessee
4. Western Kentucky
5. Old Dominion
6. Florida International
7. Charlotte

C-USA West:
1. North Texas (Conference champs)
2. Louisiana Tech
3. UAB
4. Southern Miss
5. UTSA
6. Rice
7. UTEP

One more conference to go on this thread, and it'll be the Mid-American Conference! Tune in tomorrow, when I'll start with Western Michigan and Northern Illinois.