• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Muscle cars that turn you on ....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
151466_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

My friends dad had one of these. He used to take us out and scare the shit out of us every once in a while. I know they arent the giant motor muscle cars like some, but these were a blast. My neighbor has one, and he let me drive it around a little. was like a dream come true.

I've been in those, great fun till the first corner and you get tossed out of your 1980s seat.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure if you're comparing them to a horse buggy.

Never driven either, Horse & Buggy or a Javelin. But there is this...

AMC Javelin 401 Police Car

Captain Robert Applin (ret.) states his Javelin was clocked at 153mph using a ‘Kustom’ radar unit which was considered more accurate than the ‘VASCAR’ type, which calculated his car at 148mph over a 500ft. stretch. Regarding his specific car, he tells the following-

What a rocket, especially compared to what we were used to. The (stock 401) Javelin would only run just over the 140 mark, but it would get it so quickly it gave us the pursuit advantage. After a few months, our Dothan mechanic (Charles) told me that whenever I had time to leave the car with him, he had learned how to make it a little better. So of course I made time. I do not know what all he did to it but I do know that he "shimmed" the valves, replaced the valves springs with a special kind (brass I think), bored the jets on the carb and I don't know what else but he assured me that it was all okay and not discernible to anyone who didn't know what he had put in it. When I picked it up, he and I took it for a test run. If you tried to start from a standing start, you would smoke the rear tires. At a rolling start, when you floored it the tires would still break loose until it shifted into second at which time it would lay several more feet of rubber. Shifting into high near the 96 mph mark it would again bark the tires. The speedometer would steadily climb as long as you stayed in it unlike prior to Charles' work when after about 128 - 130 it would slowly climb to the max. (of 141mph, stock)

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never driven either, Horse & Buggy or a Javelin. But there is this...

AMC Javelin 401 Police Car

Captain Robert Applin (ret.) states his Javelin was clocked at 153mph using a ‘Kustom’ radar unit which was considered more accurate than the ‘VASCAR’ type, which calculated his car at 148mph over a 500ft. stretch. Regarding his specific car, he tells the following-

What a rocket, especially compared to what we were used to. The (stock 401) Javelin would only run just over the 140 mark, but it would get it so quickly it gave us the pursuit advantage. After a few months, our Dothan mechanic (Charles) told me that whenever I had time to leave the car with him, he had learned how to make it a little better. So of course I made time. I do not know what all he did to it but I do know that he "shimmed" the valves, replaced the valves springs with a special kind (brass I think), bored the jets on the carb and I don't know what else but he assured me that it was all okay and not discernible to anyone who didn't know what he had put in it. When I picked it up, he and I took it for a test run. If you tried to start from a standing start, you would smoke the rear tires. At a rolling start, when you floored it the tires would still break loose until it shifted into second at which time it would lay several more feet of rubber. Shifting into high near the 96 mph mark it would again bark the tires. The speedometer would steadily climb as long as you stayed in it unlike prior to Charles' work when after about 128 - 130 it would slowly climb to the max. (of 141mph, stock)

The AMXs I used to see couldn't beat any of the more conventional muscle cars.

Can't recall how they did in Trans Am series, I think they ran there.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AMXs I used to see couldn't beat any of the more conventional muscle cars.

Can't recall how they did in Trans Am series, I think they ran there.
I was just reading...Runner up to Bud Moore Boss 302's in '70.
Won the series in '71, '72 & '76.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford builds a new Cobra Jet Mustang for its 50th anniversary

cobra-jet-rendering.jpg

This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Ford Mustang Cobra Jet, and naturally Ford is building a short run of modern-day Cobra Jet drag cars to celebrate. It's going to build 68 of them (get it?) in either red or white. It's also claimed to be the quickest factory Mustang yet with a quarter-mile time in the mid-8-second range and a trap speed of over 150 mph. Technically, the 2016 model was claimed to have an 8-second quarter-mile time as well, but presumably it was a high 8-second time (i.e. 8.9 seconds vs. 8.5 seconds

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford Shelby GT500 spied with little camo, upgraded aero and hood vents
gt500-uc09-kgp-ed-copy-1.jpg

We know the Ford Shelby GT500 is coming. We don't have many details, but the unexpected teaser we got back in January did say the car will have more than 700 horsepower. It seems the Dodge Challenger Hellcat and Chevy Camaro ZL1 have some competition on the way. Everything we've seen until now has been veiled, but this new batch of spy photos gives us our best look yet at the hottest Ford Mustang

Damm Brah, I just got a chubby lookin at that! :pop2:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The marriage of the Hellcat and the Demon since the Demon is no longer available and before Ford trots out its 750hp+ re-designed Mustang. And of course, I am trying to find a bank I can rob and not get caught to get the funds to buy one. 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. Pretty badass!

redeye-2.jpg