• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's vs Astros Aug 9th - 12th

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the game where I quit on this team. Fuck you M's. I'm done.

200.gif

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Felix is done, is he done as the King, sure. But he has enough pitches to still be a number 2 if he can figure out how to separate speeds with his fastball and changeup. His curveball as well is useless when all three are 85-89 mph.

#2???

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Sheeeeet!! Swept the Stros at their home?? What a game. Healy is one of the heros today. Diaz is the star of all stars. This game and series just made my day. Absolutely incredible is all I can say. :clap:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think if we would have beaten all those shitty teams in July, we would have been in first...lol.
Back to just doing enough to string us along and keep us barely on the hook.

I mean that's way better than packing up and folding the tent already so there's that.

Cano will be back shortly and that's another bat to further this trend along. Now if the A's can stay back on planet Earth, that would be great.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think if we would have beaten all those shitty teams in July, we would have been in first...lol.
So if our skipper had changed the damned batting order and/or at least TRIED anything else to get out of the funk earlier maybe they'd be back in a WC slot? :noidea:

I mean they moved Mitch to lead off and he's entirely destroying it. Again. Was it rocket science to move him out of a slot he was doing shitty in?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland 8-5 over the Angels bottom of the 6th
I hope we scared the shit out of the A's knowing we swept Houston!! :yes: And guess what? Oakland is next on our "S" list. Go M's and don't even waste time looking back :clap: :nod:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he works at it, I believe he does. He has better pitch selection than Greg Maddux, Jamie Moyer or insert your softer throwing pitcher who were top of the line pitchers. But he needs to focus on his control which he has never really had to in his career and figure out somehow to slow his changeup down a few mph. Not saying he can do it but he has plenty of ability IMO to do it, the question is is he going to dedicate his entire offseason to it

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if our skipper had changed the damned batting order and/or at least TRIED anything else to get out of the funk earlier maybe they'd be back in a WC slot? :noidea:

I mean they moved Mitch to lead off and he's entirely destroying it. Again. Was it rocket science to move him out of a slot he was doing shitty in?

This is where a players coach is problematic. You can't be mean or upset the apple cart at all. But once the GM embarrasses himself on the flagship radio station because of their performance something happens. I guess shaming Servais and Dipoto works?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where a players coach is problematic. You can't be mean or upset the apple cart at all. But once the GM embarrasses himself on the flagship radio station because of their performance something happens. I guess shaming Servais and Dipoto works?
Then holy fuck, at least get Softy to shame their asses daily and see if it keeps a fire lit under their asses.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he works at it, I believe he does. He has better pitch selection than Greg Maddux, Jamie Moyer or insert your softer throwing pitcher who were top of the line pitchers. But he needs to focus on his control which he has never really had to in his career and figure out somehow to slow his changeup down a few mph. Not saying he can do it but he has plenty of ability IMO to do it, the question is is he going to dedicate his entire offseason to it

I don't believe he'll ever be good enough to be a #2, let alone a #3... He's gone downhill three straight years now... It's not like he's going to all of a sudden snap out of it after all the innings he has under his belt...

Also, Maddux and Moyer had phenominal work ethics... Felix does not...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raise your hands if you thought we'd sweep the Astro's...

I would've been happy with a split, let alone a sweep... Great feeling indeed...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix seems a bit upset that he was demoted, which he should be but he has no one to blame but himself for the demotion... Look at his stat line over his last 4 starts... Can't afford to keep pitching him with those kind of stats when we can't afford to drop games w/out giving us a shot to win... Helk, Ramirez threw a 3 hitter today, while giving up 0 runs in 5... Felix hasn't even sniffed a game like that this year... Prop's to the coaches for having the balls to make this move... Speaks a lot to the players imo… One thing that stands out with his stats is that he almost walked as many as he struck out...

upload_2018-8-12_18-15-13.png

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to just doing enough to string us along and keep us barely on the hook.

I mean that's way better than packing up and folding the tent already so there's that.
They are gonna make this as painful as possible aren’t they :dhd:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe he'll ever be good enough to be a #2, let alone a #3... He's gone downhill three straight years now... It's not like he's going to all of a sudden snap out of it after all the innings he has under his belt...

Also, Maddux and Moyer had phenominal work ethics... Felix does not...

The last part is the key. Moyer blew balls his entire career until he came to Seattle. He had 2 pitches, Felix has 5. If Felix works at his control he can be Maddux like as he has more pitches...but like you're last sentence, he has to work just pitches for control.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then holy fuck, at least get Softy to shame their asses daily and see if it keeps a fire lit under their asses.

I said flagship. Softy and the whole KJR crew say what needs to be said until they get an interview then back off cause they don't want piss them off when they don't have to come on their air. I hate UW but I like Softy and Co's interviews with Mutts because the Mutts rights aren't 710's so they can be real interviews where they don't kiss ass.