• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West Power Rankings Week 7

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a jumbled mess this has become

1. Boise State - Still here by default, definitely didn't play well against Colorado State

2. San Diego State- They had the most San Diego State performance ever, dominating defense and great running by Donnell Pumphrey to win...17-3

3. Wyoming - The Eastern Michigan loss was the one true concern about this team, that loss looks so much better now that Eastern Michigan is 5-2. Wyoming had a bye week this week.

4. Air Force - Not a strong start to conference play and it has put them really far behind, they're now 2 games behind Wyoming and Wyoming has the tie-breaker over them. Air Force just lost a shootout to New Mexico in a game that for some reason was moved to the Cotton bowl, no one understood it including Air Force head coach Troy Calhoun and they likely took an extra loss because of it as New Mexico is used to playing in front of empty crowds.

5. Colorado State - They are the first team to take a lead against Boise State, their little leprechaun offense they ran early in the game worked well for a bit.

6. New Mexico - That's one way to recover from a blowout loss, that was New Mexico's best performance of the year and shows just how unpredictable this league is.

7. UNLV- another reason this league is unpredictable, UNLV went to the islands and came out of there with a win over Hawai'i. Hawai'i's first home loss of the year as they've been very strong at home, good win for UNLV.

8. Hawai'i - As for Hawai'i this really hurts them in the division race, but they still have a chance at making a bowl this year and that would still be a fantastic first year for Rolovich.

9. Utah State- bye week and they really could have used it, let's see if they can improve after the bad start.

10. San Jose State - Beat Nevada in an ugly 14-10 game, San Jose State can at least say they're not the worst Mountain West team now.

11. Nevada- What a mess this team is 3-4 against a very easy schedule.

12. Fresno State - Well they held San Diego State to only 17 points though Pumphrey ran for over 200 on them that's a positive I guess, their offense offered no glimmer of hope.