• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West Power Rankings Week 6

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Boise State - By default now ranked number one, coming off the best performance of the season though, question is when do we drop one?

2. Air Force - Still 2nd best team in the league they're impossible to beat at home, but were taken down by a superior gameplan against Wyoming this week.

3. San Diego State - Handled UNLV, I still can't get over their absolutely horrible choke-job they pulled the week before. 42-27 against South Alabama....wow

4. Wyoming - Say hello to the conference's biggest surprise contender, Wyoming is one of the last 4 unbeatens in conference play and their one loss that looked bad which was on the road against Eastern Michigan, doesn't look so bad anymore as Eastern Michigan is 4-2. Wyoming just topped it off this week though, controlling the entire game in beating Air Force who I had as the best MWC team. I'm conservatively moving them up, but they get Boise State at home and have beaten Colorado State already, watch out.

5. Hawai'i - Hawai'i survived the brutal start, Rolovich cleverly changed QBs when Hawai'i finally got a bye week, and now it's completely changed their team, Hawai'i is relevant for the first time in a long time.

6. Colorado State - The bad news, QB Collin Hill just tore his acl and is done for the year, the good news is backup QB Nick Stevens came in and led Colorado State back from a 24-10 halftime deficit to beat Utah State.

7. Utah State - Utah State is 2-4 and perhaps already eliminated from conference contention, an absolute disaster to start the year, with Wyoming, San Diego State and BYU still on the schedule they need a big upset just to make a bowl and that's assuming they don't drop a game to a team like New Mexico or Nevada.

8. UNLV - They showed a solid defensive effort in a loss to UNLV, really no shame in the effort they put in. At 2-4 though a bowl looks unlikely.

9. New Mexico - They were destroyed by Boise State, remains to be seen if New Mexico is a mess or Boise State just played well.

10. Nevada - Beat Fresno State by 5, not a result to put much confidence in their season. Nevada is 3-3 against a schedule where their best opponent is a bad Notre Dame team, and the 2nd best is Hawai'i. They've got some tougher opponents left a bowl looks unlikely which means Polian is squarely on the hot seat.

11. San Jose State - Mentioning hot seat Ron Caragher has avoiding firing despite disappointing results due to a good recruiting class...well at 1-5 with some absolutely horrible results it's not panning out so far. San Jose State still has to play San Diego State, Boise State and Air Force.

12. Fresno State- Keep talking about the hot seat but that's what happens when you're down here. Tim DeRuyter is bound to be fired any week now, this is a sorry excuse for a football team I'm pretty sure it wouldn't finish in the top half of FCS. I mean seriously this team is awful it would be an absolute miracle if they won a conference game and this used to be one of the top programs in the league.