• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mock drafter

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CIN

Brock Bowers
TE Georgia
    CIN

Jordan Morgan
    OT Arizona
    CIN

Patrick Paul
    OT Houston
    CIN

Mekhi Wingo
    DT LSU
    CIN

Brandon Coleman
    OG TCU
    CIN

Zak Zinter
    OG Michigan
    CIN

Lathan Ransom
    S Ohio State

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CIN

Brock Bowers
TE Georgia
    CIN

Jordan Morgan
    OT Arizona
    CIN

Patrick Paul
    OT Houston
    CIN

Mekhi Wingo
    DT LSU
    CIN

Brandon Coleman
    OG TCU
    CIN

Zak Zinter
    OG Michigan
    CIN

Lathan Ransom
    S Ohio State
1st pick is money. 2nd, only if he can play RT. After that, looks like too much filler. We are not doing a whole rebuild of the line through the draft. The only one on the inside I see needing potentially upgraded is Volson, and who knows how that goes from this year to next.

What we need is a healthy damn Burrow, Higgins and a little preseason for the starters. I assume Higs will be franchised or at the very minimum transition tagged to get at least a 1st out of him if he was to sign elsewhere.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st pick is money. 2nd, only if he can play RT. After that, looks like too much filler. We are not doing a whole rebuild of the line through the draft. The only one on the inside I see needing potentially upgraded is Volson, and who knows how that goes from this year to next.

What we need is a healthy damn Burrow, Higgins and a little preseason for the starters. I assume Higs will be franchised or at the very minimum transition tagged to get at least a 1st out of him if he was to sign elsewhere.
I agree that Higgins will be tagged. There is no current replacement for his production and I don't know if you are going to spend that 20 that money in free agency in a way that will fix that issue. The Bengals do have cap room and should try to recreate their magic from a few years ago in free agency - Targeting guys that are a bit undervalued going into their second deals. Much of the core of this team was constructed that way. I'd like to see them invest in an expensive DT (like they did with Reader) and a right tackle. They should also look to move on from Mixon with a running back that will pair well with Chase Brown.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Higgins will be tagged. There is no current replacement for his production and I don't know if you are going to spend that 20 that money in free agency in a way that will fix that issue. The Bengals do have cap room and should try to recreate their magic from a few years ago in free agency - Targeting guys that are a bit undervalued going into their second deals. Much of the core of this team was constructed that way. I'd like to see them invest in an expensive DT (like they did with Reader) and a right tackle. They should also look to move on from Mixon with a running back that will pair well with Chase Brown.
The way our back is used, I am really good with Chase Brown being the feature back with another RB that is a bruiser to get the tough short yards and blocking is a must. Would be another good 5th round pick.

I doubt we invest in another RT in FA due to budgetary needs.. I think we cover the defense mostly in FA with those type of FA players. I think Reader needs resigned to at least another good size two year contract. Give him $36 million for 2 years, $30 mill guaranteed. Hopefully that would be enough for that period. What we don't want to do is give him a longer contract with his injury history, age, etc. We need him, but we can't lock ourselves longer than that with his draw backs.

I think if you are able to get your hands on the TE from Georgia, that eventually becomes Higgins replacement the following year as far as targeted weapon from Burrow. Chase, Bowers, maybe a 2nd rounder in 2025 draft once Higgins leaves. I think that leaves us plenty of weapons.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For reference - Bengals listed at nearly $65M in cap space.

If they cut Mixon and Scott, which they should, they will have $75M. They have enough to extend Chase, tag Higgins, and still get a few solid F/A guys and even maybe move more late year contract money into this year to free up more money in the coming years.

Bengals are well structured and set up to move in multiple directions this off-season.