• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fifth round picks:

Alex Cappa, OT Humboldt State
Breeland Speaks, DT Mississippi
Tony Brown, CB Alabama
Tre'Quan Smith, WR Central Florida

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft wrapped up. Final tally:

2.9 : Sony Michel - RB - Georgia
3.19 : Holton Hill - CB - Texas
4.18 : Dorian O'Daniel - OLB - Clemson
4.20 : Jalyn Holmes - DE - Ohio St.
5.4 : Alex Cappa - OT - Humboldt St.
5.9 : Breeland Speaks - DT - Mississippi
5.19 : Tony Brown - CB - Alabama
5.22 : Tre'Quan Smith - WR - Central Florida
7.8 : Justin Lawler - DE - SMU
7.30 : Kameron Kelly - S - San Diego St.

TRADES: 1.18 to Oakland for 2.9, 3.11, 5.22
3.11 & 5.31 to Baltimore for 3.19 & 4.18

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is dropping down 23 spots worth a 3 and a 5 on the trade chart? seems like a seriously raw deal.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only player I've even heard of (not because you picked bad players but because I'm not as smart on CFB) is Michel, and I think he would be a fantastic Seahawk. Good job, hope you enjoyed it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player I've even heard of (not because you picked bad players but because I'm not as smart on CFB) is Michel, and I think he would be a fantastic Seahawk. Good job, hope you enjoyed it.

I do enjoy these mocks. It gives me a chance to figure out what players are available and what is the thoughts of various people about them. I even try to avoid going full homer and didn't take Cody McConnell or Hercules Mata'afa

As for my picks:

Michel - I think will be the day one starter and will be a solid back who can work if running lanes break down early in the play.
Hill - First round talent who could compete for starting job that used to be Sherman's, but questions about decision making.
O'Daniel - Solid tackler, very athletic - very undersized as a LB. I see him as a special team stud and a project to switch to S.
Holmes - Pass rush DE providing depth and possibly starting opposite of Clark.
Cappa - Project tackle - but with right side unsure - possibly could make a run at that spot (especially if Fant doesn't comeback right.
Speaks - Should provide depth at the DT position, and could be solid there for years.
Brown - expected as a 3rd round talent who has a lot of speed and quickness - could challenge Coleman or learn and take over when Coleman leaves.
Smith - Another guy who seems to have a 3rd round grade. A little raw, but should develop nicely.
Lawler - Not sure why he dropped so far - he was listed on several sites as a top 100 player. DL depth never a bad thing.
Kelly - Can play both CB and S, raw and from a smaller school.

If the draft looks like this - I would be happy.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is dropping down 23 spots worth a 3 and a 5 on the trade chart? seems like a seriously raw deal.

I'm always will to step aside and let you do it. Just say the word and you can have the Seahawks in next year's draft.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do enjoy these mocks. It gives me a chance to figure out what players are available and what is the thoughts of various people about them. I even try to avoid going full homer and didn't take Cody McConnell or Hercules Mata'afa

As for my picks:

Michel - I think will be the day one starter and will be a solid back who can work if running lanes break down early in the play.
Hill - First round talent who could compete for starting job that used to be Sherman's, but questions about decision making.
O'Daniel - Solid tackler, very athletic - very undersized as a LB. I see him as a special team stud and a project to switch to S.
Cappa - Project tackle - but with right side unsure - possibly could make a run at that spot (especially if Fant doesn't comeback right.
Speaks - Should provide depth at the DT position, and could be solid there for years.
Brown - expected as a 3rd round talent who has a lot of speed and quickness - could challenge Coleman or learn and take over when Coleman leaves.
Smith - Another guy who seems to have a 3rd round grade. A little raw, but should develop nicely.
Lawler - Not sure why he dropped so far - he was listed on several sites as a top 100 player. DL depth never a bad thing.

Where did Shaq Griffin's brother go?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd round, #13 (77 overall) to Cincinnati.
Interesting. Seems to be pretty close to where "experts" are putting him I think.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Seems to be pretty close to where "experts" are putting him I think.

Before his combine he was a 5-7/UDFA. Really nice to see the kid shoot up the charts like that. Hope he does well.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sold on Michel but I do like the Hill and O'Daniel's picks very much...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did Cody O'Connell get drafted?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Michel but I do like the Hill and O'Daniel's picks very much...

I had it down to Michel, Guice and Chubb. Guice was taken a few picks earlier - but comparing available highlights I thought Michel did better when there were defenders in the backfield (which kind've speaks for itself) and though he isn't a Marshawn he was more physical with defenders than Chubb was. Granted, this wasn't a huge amount of film - and was highlights, not lowlights, but that's just how I saw the comparison at the time.

I also compared CBS (which now really sucks for draft preview), NFL, walterfootball and a few others and tried to get a feel for what they were all thinking about the running backs. I went back and forth about Michel and Chubb, but the prevailing thought was the Michel was the better of the two in pass pro - so if they were so close, I figured I'd go with the better blocker.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, but the SportsHoopla draft doesn't do future picks and dropping down that much would assuredly include some. Few teams have multiple picks to give up in the current draft. What did you expect, some team to trade us their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th? Not happening.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for my picks:

I really wanted Guice but understand he was not there. I'd be happy with this draft and the first you traded to Oakland likely includes a 2nd rounder in 2019 (understand the SportsHoopla draft doesn't do that, but realistically speaking).

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something really weird happened, the Seahawks traded down! That almost NEVER happens under Pete and John!