• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mock draft chat

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup! It's pretty rare that we nail a pick on the head by player. But at least we have gotten the position correct in the first round 2 years running! 2016 we went 3/3 with the first 3 rounds.

This year we probably come close again on the positions...I'm hearing that Lamar Jackson is moving up the ranks quietly...likely we'll see 4 QBs in the top 10 which could push Reid or Evans to the Steelers.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year we probably come close again on the positions...I'm hearing that Lamar Jackson is moving up the ranks quietly...likely we'll see 4 QBs in the top 10 which could push Reid or Evans to the Steelers.
Well the more QBs the jam into the top 10, the more likely that DBs & LBs fall. I like the sounds of it. I'd still go Evans over Reid if both were available.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the more QBs the jam into the top 10, the more likely that DBs & LBs fall. I like the sounds of it. I'd still go Evans over Reid if both were available.

I like Reid a little better than Evans, because I feel like he's 100% healthy (just don't know how bad Evans hammy, etc is) but I view the LB as a bigger need so I would as well.

I really think if Evans was 100% going into the combine and pro day he would be a top 15 guy...whereas Reid has been more of a 20s prospect all along.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Reid a little better than Evans, because I feel like he's 100% healthy (just don't know how bad Evans hammy, etc is) but I view the LB as a bigger need so I would as well.

I really think if Evans was 100% going into the combine and pro day he would be a top 15 guy...whereas Reid has been more of a 20s prospect all along.
It definitely makes me nervous. Colbert himself stated back in March that he wasn't very impressed with the LB group this season. And what could be even more telling is that Rashaan Evans was NOT brought in for a pre-draft visit. They only met with him at the combine that I'm aware of. There was a report of Steelers dining with "several Bama players" but only Joshua Frazier's name was mentioned.

If anything I think they are leaning more on LVE vs. Reid.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely makes me nervous. Colbert himself stated back in March that he wasn't very impressed with the LB group this season. And what could be even more telling is that Rashaan Evans was NOT brought in for a pre-draft visit. They only met with him at the combine that I'm aware of. There was a report of Steelers dining with "several Bama players" but only Joshua Frazier's name was mentioned.

If anything I think they are leaning more on LVE vs. Reid.

I'm bracing for almost anything within LB, OLB, S, RB, even TE or QB 28...the two positions I will be genuinely surprised would be DL or OL.

Base on recent past history, Tomlin and Colbert have both meet with the 1st round pick, normally an invite to PIT...we shall see...the draft starts this week right? The build up has been so long that I'm forgetting when the real thing starts...lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bracing for almost anything within LB, OLB, S, RB, even TE or QB 28...the two positions I will be genuinely surprised would be DL or OL.

Base on recent past history, Tomlin and Colbert have both meet with the 1st round pick, normally an invite to PIT...we shall see...the draft starts this week right? The build up has been so long that I'm forgetting when the real thing starts...lol
Yes the draft starts this Thursday.

Same here. Expect the unexpected. TE or QB would be surprises for me. I just don't see how they could justify the value at those picks. At this point the only likely available QB at 28 is going to be Mason Rudolph. Not really liking the idea of taking him in the 1st Rd. He's just not a 1st Rd talent in my book. But if someone like Lamar Jackson fell to us, then QB would shoot up the draft board. Just depends on how the draft shakes out.

My spitball ratings for surprise picks in the 1st Round (1 being absolutely shocked & 10 being what I expect to happen):
1. TE
2. QB
3. DL
4. OLB
5. OL
6. WR (seeing all the pre-draft visits makes me wonder)
7. CB
8. RB
9. S
10. ILB

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ATL96Steeler @SteelersPride

Well gentlemen this was a rough year... We only match 4 out of 7 picks! Which drops our 5 year mock success rate down to 74.4%.

5SPkCFk.png

Matched: S, WR, RB, DT.
Unmatched: S (double-dip), QB, OT

Not too bad but this draft strategy went completely against the previous years of "win-now" mentality. Not sure why the sudden change.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... Jeff Holland (DEN), Tarvarus McFadden (49ers), Martez Carter (WAS) & Quadree Henderson (PIT) all went undrafted lol

That's almost 60% of our mock! :L

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... Jeff Holland (DEN), Tarvarus McFadden (49ers), Martez Carter (WAS) & Quadree Henderson (PIT) all went undrafted lol

That's almost 60% of our mock! :L
Just went back and looked at how many players we have mocked since 2014 that went undrafted:

2014: 1 (Shaq Barrett)
2015: 2 (Jacoby Glenn & Chris Hacket)
2016: 1 (Joel Heath)
2017: 0
2018: 4

We doubled our UDFA totals in 1 draft lol.