• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mizzou a top 5 offense?

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah brah. Y’all got a non-conference schedule with at least a pair of losses.
Memphis will be a close game and things could go badly if we turn it over or something. Wyoming should be a lock. Purdue isn't as good as last year but its road game. That on is payback for a humiliating loss. We will stomp Purdue. Basically Memphis is the only one that worries me.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that must be why USC and Tennessee are so successful
Yes and Ohio State, Clemson, and Alabama always being in contention has nothing to do with their recruiting.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, those two...and others...forget the second part. To be the grand poobah in CFB, you have to be able to bring in top recruiting classes (in succession) AND coach them.

Great recruiters and great coaching---fantastic
Great recruiters and crappy coaching---shitstorm
Average recruiters and great coaching---steady programs but unable to get the natty (Those are a pain in the ass for the blue bloods to beat. Example:Sparty/Ohio State)
Crappy recruiters and crappy coaching---see my avi/favorites
I would say the Ohio State has “average recruiting”.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald is back.
True but he needs to get better as a passer this season especially in Mooreheads offense where he likes his QB's to throw deep since Mississippi St rarely did last year under Mullen. Fitzgeralds stats from 20 or more yards was 7 of 32 through the first 10 weeks last year.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good recruiting is a good predictor of a good team but it not a guarantee. Teams have had elite with all 3* recruits such as Boise State, Michigan State, TCU, Missouri, Iowa and others.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good recruiting is a good predictor of a good team but it not a guarantee. Teams have had elite with all 3* recruits such as Boise State, Michigan State, TCU, Missouri, Iowa and others.
Elite? Which of those won a natty?

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mizzou plays Memphis where Barry Odom used to be the DC. So Odom knows memphis and Memphis knows Odom. I'm not sure who has the advantage. Not to mention Memphis is the favorite in the AAC.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite? Which of those won a natty?
I consider top 5 finishes elite and all of those I mentioned have finished top 5 with all 3* and Mizzou was one win away from going to the NCG in 2007 and in 2013. Yeah they choked but it was awful close. I call that elite.

I saw once a chart that showed which teams fared the best in comparison to their recruiting. Michigan State was the best at developing 3* guys and Mizzou was like 5th. I wish I could produce that chart. I think there is such thing as smart recruiting. Not all 3* are alike. You have to get the right ones with high ceilings and good work ethics.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but he needs to get better as a passer this season especially in Mooreheads offense where he likes his QB's to throw deep since Mississippi St rarely did last year under Mullen. Fitzgeralds stats from 20 or more yards was 7 of 32 through the first 10 weeks last year.

He did regress a little last year, but only because he was so good the year before. Moorhead was able to get the best out of McSorley the last 2 years, my guess is he can do the same with Fitzgerald who I think has better physical skills than McSorley does. I think he's in line for a huge season, as well as Mississippi State as well. I think Moorhead was a home run hire for a program like Miss. St.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be elite you need to be there consistently. Not just once every 6-7 years.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be elite you need to be there consistently. Not just once every 6-7 years.
Fair enough on that point. I have no choice but to ignore stars and just look at the talent we got. Every now and then we beat someone we''re not supossed to and its awesome.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis will be a close game and things could go badly if we turn it over or something. Wyoming should be a lock. Purdue isn't as good as last year but its road game. That on is payback for a humiliating loss. We will stomp Purdue. Basically Memphis is the only one that worries me.
I like Purdue’s coach but Wyoming is a scary team. Lot of mid majors and a well coached Purdue team along with an SEC slate of games... just think it’s a lot to handle for a team that isn’t a top team in conference. Missouri probably steals a game they should lose and lose a game they should win, just in the nature of this schedule.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misery couldn’t win 10 with an awful east the past few years how they going to do it with an instantly better defensive minded Vol’s team and an improved Florida staff?

I love this argument every year we hear about better UT and Florida. I do agree that Florida has a better staff and should help them, but anybody who watched that Mizzou/Florida game last year, Mizzou looked like the more talented team.

2017: Mizzou 45 Florida 16 (only Georgia beat Florida worse than Mizzou last year (42-7) and nobody scored more points against Florida than Mizzou), Mizzou 50- Tennessee 17

I have no idea how good Mizzou is going to be this year....but they return a lot on an offense that improved as the year went along. They have a lot of talent there for sure....but then again Dooley is OC, so who knows. Lock is probably the top QB on a lot NFL draft boards for 2019 and TE Albert O is a rising star. Mizzou has 2 very good RB's and a strong OL.

Mizzou looks to be improved on D this year, DT is a major strength and Terez Hall leads an underrated LB crew. Still some unproven areas.

Mizzou won 7 games last year......I think they are on paper better than last year so an improvement to 8 to 9 wins wouldn't be a shock.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do we betting on here? I want to be held accountable that Mizzou wins 9 and has at least a top 10 offense. What do I get if I'm right and what do I have to do if I'm wrong?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do we betting on here? I want to be held accountable that Mizzou wins 9 and has at least a top 10 offense. What do I get if I'm right and what do I have to do if I'm wrong?
The most generally accepted bet is an avy bet for a certain set of time.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most generally accepted bet is an avy bet for a certain set of time.
Bring it on folks. 9 wins and a top 10 scoring offense right here

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring it on folks. 9 wins and a top 10 scoring offense right here
How long are you thinking? My Avy is pretty much spoken for through the title game.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep AVY bets are the most used for bets if not V-cash.

Also if you get into such a serious incident with another poster that you feel you have to take it to another level, most challenge them to a rap battle. @Used 2 B Hu has never lost one yet, to my understanding.