• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri to the Big Ten

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a gut feeling.....I believe that Missouri has been offered and have accepted an invitation to the Big Ten. I believe they are just working out details have money for the first couple of years in the conference.

Mizzousaphone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But the fact that Missouri is staying THIS tight-lipped? Literally, no leaks have come from the state of Missouri. Our brass have that school on lockdown. Why would they try so hard? If we didn't have an invite, we would be lobbying for ourselves much like Nebraska has the past few months.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the fact that Missouri is staying THIS tight-lipped? Literally, no leaks have come from the state of Missouri. Our brass have that school on lockdown. Why would they try so hard? If we didn't have an invite, we would be lobbying for ourselves much like Nebraska has the past few months.

Why would "the brass" have them so tight lipped? Let's see Missouri first basically tells the Big 12 they don't need them because they assumed they would get the Big 10 invite because of the KC and St. Louis tv markets but get left sitting by the phone while Delaney is wining and dining Pearlman.
Now Forsee is having to reassure the Big 12 of MU's loyalty and is saying they just want to ensure the stability of the Big 12.

It seems that you ran your mouth as usual and bit yourself in the butt. Somebody there must of finally got smart enough to tell everyone to shut up and hope you don't end up Conference USA or even worse some semblance of a conference with what is left of the Big 12 when the dust settles.

Meanwhile Nebraska kept there mouths shut and negotiated the deal behind closed doors. Once again Nebraska beats Missouri.

Stray35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - well said Husker!!

Mizzousaphone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
While I don't think we going to the Big 10 any more, the only reason Nebraska got the invite over us is because it will force Texas's hand. At least the Big 10 thought we'll see this week.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't think we going to the Big 10 any more, the only reason Nebraska got the invite over us is because it will force Texas's hand. At least the Big 10 thought we'll see this week.

I don't think the Big 10 has given up on Notre Dame yet. Notre Dame refused their offer at this point so Nebraska was a good fit to make 12 and a conference championship game. Nebraska fits well and travels well which increases revenue. Nebraska has tradition which (this is the gamble) if they have resurrected their program increases national recognition.

That is phase 1, phase 2 is to go to 14 by raiding the Big East, thus increasing tv share and leaving Notre Dame without a conference for their other sports when the other conferences are done expanding or being dismantled.
Phase 3 is to go to 16 with Notre Dame (who now needs teams to play their sports other than football) and another team possibly Missouri if they have anything to offer by that point.