• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Milwaukee Brewers 2013 Ongoing Thread

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proof that there is in fact a flaw in Jonathan Lucroy's game.

Oops....

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAKE UP UKE!!!!!

I swear this is a GIF. Really.....

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this pitch put him to sleep?

DOH!!!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the name of that city that you manage in Ron?

800983.jpg

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 wasn’t a very good year for the Brewers to come up with anniversaries. 2012 was the 30th anniversary of the best team the franchise has ever put together, the 1982 Brewers that won 95 games and lost the World Series to the Cardinals in seven games.
But 2013?
30 years ago: 87-75, fifth place in the AL East
25 years ago: 85-75, third place in AL East
20 years ago: 69-93, seventh place in the AL East
15 years ago: 74-88, fifth place in the NL Central
10 years ago: 68-94, sixth place in the NL Central
So, yeah, picking out a player to honor from the group was the best idea, and there’s no better player in Brewers history than Robin Yount, who played his final game on Oct. 2, 1993 for that 69-93 team. Yount started so young that he was just 37 when he retired and still got 20 years in. He was a decent enough player when he called it quits, too, hitting .258/.326/.379 in 454 at-bats in his final year. 20 years later, he still ranks as the Brewers’ all-time leader in hits (3,142), runs (1,632), doubles (583), triples (126), homers (251), RBI (1,406) and walks (966), and the only one of those marks that will fall anytime soon is the homers, with Ryan Braun 40 away.

The ceremony for Yount will begin at 6:45 p.m C.D.T

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brewers were mulling their options late Wednesday for second baseman Rickie Weeks, who suffered a strained left hamstring and was helped off the field in the eighth inning of the team's 6-1 win over the Giants at AT&T Park.

Manager Ron Roenicke said there was a "good possibility" the team would have to make a player move, meaning Weeks would become the fourth Brewer this season to hit the 15-day disabled list with a hamstring injury.

"They'll call and talk to Dr. [William] Raasch," Roenicke said, referring to the Brewers' head physician. "We'll see."

The Brewers just optioned Weeks' backup, Scooter Gennett, to Triple-A Nashville on Tuesday night to make room for Wednesday starting pitcher Marco Estrada. Usually, a player must spent at least 10 days in the Minor Leagues before he's eligible to return, but that restriction is waived in the event he takes the place of a teammate placed on the DL.

On an eighth-inning groundout to third base, Weeks stumbled over his bat as he sprinted toward first base, then fell face-first to the grass short of the bag. He was immediately met by Brewers assistant athletic trainer Dave Yeager and Roenicke, who helped Weeks to the dugout.

Weeks was not certain that the stray bat caused his injury.

"Some people say I maybe was trying dodge the bat," he said. "I felt like a little pop or something like that. They think it's a pulled hamstring."

Jim Henderson missed two weeks in late May and early June with a strained right hamstring, Estrada missed two months with a strained left hamstring, and right-hander Yovani Gallardo is currently on the DL with a strained left hamstring.

Weeks was not sure what to expect. He said he'd never suffered a hamstring injury.

"First time ever," he said.

I never hope for any player to get injured, but going on the DL appears to be the only way Roenicke won't put this POS in the lineup.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brewers were mulling their options late Wednesday for second baseman Rickie Weeks, who suffered a strained left hamstring and was helped off the field in the eighth inning of the team's 6-1 win over the Giants at AT&T Park.

Manager Ron Roenicke said there was a "good possibility" the team would have to make a player move, meaning Weeks would become the fourth Brewer this season to hit the 15-day disabled list with a hamstring injury.

"They'll call and talk to Dr. [William] Raasch," Roenicke said, referring to the Brewers' head physician. "We'll see."

The Brewers just optioned Weeks' backup, Scooter Gennett, to Triple-A Nashville on Tuesday night to make room for Wednesday starting pitcher Marco Estrada. Usually, a player must spent at least 10 days in the Minor Leagues before he's eligible to return, but that restriction is waived in the event he takes the place of a teammate placed on the DL.

On an eighth-inning groundout to third base, Weeks stumbled over his bat as he sprinted toward first base, then fell face-first to the grass short of the bag. He was immediately met by Brewers assistant athletic trainer Dave Yeager and Roenicke, who helped Weeks to the dugout.

Weeks was not certain that the stray bat caused his injury.

"Some people say I maybe was trying dodge the bat," he said. "I felt like a little pop or something like that. They think it's a pulled hamstring."

Jim Henderson missed two weeks in late May and early June with a strained right hamstring, Estrada missed two months with a strained left hamstring, and right-hander Yovani Gallardo is currently on the DL with a strained left hamstring.

Weeks was not sure what to expect. He said he'd never suffered a hamstring injury.

"First time ever," he said.

I never hope for any player to get injured, but going on the DL appears to be the only way Roenicke won't put this POS in the lineup.

So, what you are saying, in the case, The Dude abhors instead of abides? :suds: