• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miller cost us a 4th and next year's 2nd

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. However, this is also based on the presupposition that Trubs is absolutely "the guy". I like the kid too - but we need to actually see it consistently first. If him and Nagy click, it's off to the races. There's really nothing holding him back, outside of this being a new offense.

His footwork and awareness are real issues that undeniably needs to be smoothed over. I think the awareness will come with time and having talent around him to slow the game down. The footwork could be really ugly at times, though.

I'm excited to see him take the next step this year. I think he'll do it. Unrealistic to expect a Goff/Wentz year #2 jump. However, he has 20-ish TD's and single digit INT's in him. IMO. With some rushing contributions, of course.
I think we have to remind ourselves that Trubs only had 13 career starts in his college career. Most QBs coming into a draft, especially top 10 QBs, usually have at least double that amount. And it didn't help that he was hardly blessed with a ton of weapons. Under the circumstances, I think he handled himself pretty well. I believe, being the homer that I be, that his game will improve significantly in Year 2.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had better worth it.....Once you get into a 3rd round pick or later,there's no reason to start trading away picks.......And we end up with a 5-10 wr.........And even tho it sounds like everyone is high on him,I' really not either.
Antonio Brown: 5' 10, 186 lbs, 4.47 40. Size and speed are moot if you have the talent. Not going to call Miller the next Brown, but size in a WR should never be a dominant issue.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown: 5' 10, 186 lbs, 4.47 40. Size and speed are moot if you have the talent. Not going to call Miller the next Brown, but size in a WR should never be a dominant issue.

Jerry Rice also ran a 4.71 out of Mississippi Valley State.

Obviously, guys like Rice and Brown are outliers. Not the norm. However, Miller shares their work ethic and runs extremely good routes. Which is kind of a cure for everything at the WR position.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Rice also ran a 4.71 out of Mississippi Valley State.

Obviously, guys like Rice and Brown are outliers. Not the norm. However, Miller shares their work ethic and runs extremely good routes. Which is kind of a cure for everything at the WR position.

Jerry Rice also had arguably the greatest QB and at the time a revolutionary offensive system helping him out.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Rice also had arguably the greatest QB and at the time a revolutionary offensive system helping him out.
Wouldn't it be great if 2018 was the start of arguably the best era of Bears history?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt.

I said that Jerry was an outlier and not the norm too.

I don't expect that Trub or Nagy will be the "GOAT" a their respective jobs. However, I think they can be extremely good. Which hopefully can help Miller enough along to become a perennial top 10 WR.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got a better player than Ridley, but the problem with this is they still traded up to get just better. He'll be solid, I think, but he has a lot of the same questions as Ridley, but to a lesser degree. Could have done much worse than Miller.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got a better player than Ridley, but the problem with this is they still traded up to get just better. He'll be solid, I think, but he has a lot of the same questions as Ridley, but to a lesser degree. Could have done much worse than Miller.
Not gonna lie, overall I'm extremely happy with Pace's selections, but like you, I'm still a little bummed by having had to surrender next year's #2. I mean, it's already happened, so we move on. I'm banking on Miller making a solid contribution to the offense. But I nonetheless wish we still had next year's 2nd pick.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, overall I'm extremely happy with Pace's selections, but like you, I'm still a little bummed by having had to surrender next year's #2. I mean, it's already happened, so we move on. I'm banking on Miller making a solid contribution to the offense. But I nonetheless wish we still had next year's 2nd pick.

Pace seems to have the mindset of "we'll mortgage a pick or two for the guys we love and then cross that bridge when we come to it". It's worked out well each time he's done it. We went into this year without a #3 and I think we're pretty damn happy. Obviously, it could bite us... but right now. I can't second guess Pace with the draft.