• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miller cost us a 4th and next year's 2nd

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to see how this plays out. If Miller makes an impact, it will have been worth it. If not..........

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be the best WR in this draft. Good picks today.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be the best WR in this draft. Good picks today.
I see him starting off as the preferred slot wr. He won’t start, but he will have plays dialed up for him. I wanted a bigger focus on defense, but this offense looks very good. I’m ready for this season to start.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him starting off as the preferred slot wr. He won’t start, but he will have plays dialed up for him. I wanted a bigger focus on defense, but this offense looks very good. I’m ready for this season to start.
I wanted D too, OLB. But I like the pick/player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PFF. After making their selection with the 39th-overall pick, the Chicago Bears traded back into the second round to take Memphis wide receiver Anthony Miller.

Miller was incredibly productive over the last two seasons at Memphis, posting back-to-back seasons with over 1,400 yards and 15 yards-per-reception. He led all wide receivers with 18 receiving touchdowns during his senior year

The 23-year-old can play outside receiver or line up in the slot, and he’s a dynamic route runner who can make plays after the catch.

(((He has all the talent to step in and start as a rookie in Chicago opposite Allen Robinson))), and he gives them some flexibility with where Matt Nagy can line up Taylor Gabriel and Tarik Cohen.

But with a priority on adding playmakers for Mitchell Trubisky, Ryan Pace got his guy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF. After making their selection with the 39th-overall pick, the Chicago Bears traded back into the second round to take Memphis wide receiver Anthony Miller.

Miller was incredibly productive over the last two seasons at Memphis, posting back-to-back seasons with over 1,400 yards and 15 yards-per-reception. He led all wide receivers with 18 receiving touchdowns during his senior year

The 23-year-old can play outside receiver or line up in the slot, and he’s a dynamic route runner who can make plays after the catch.

(((He has all the talent to step in and start as a rookie in Chicago opposite Allen Robinson))), and he gives them some flexibility with where Matt Nagy can line up Taylor Gabriel and Tarik Cohen.

But with a priority on adding playmakers for Mitchell Trubisky, Ryan Pace got his guy.
He looks like a stud in his highlights. If him and Trubisky get on the same page timing wise, look out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Prisco of CBS Sports, an analyst whose opinion I respect (Mike Mayock is my #1 tho), gave the Bears an A+ for making the deal to land Miller. I'm pulling for this to be a very good deal.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was a few inches taller, he'd have been a no-brainer 1st round pick. The tape and those numbers don't lie.

His college HC said he's the hardest working player he's ever had play for him. Takes pride in his route running, which may have been the best in this entire class.

Also, if you're using KC as a template. A quick 5'11 elite route runner is right in Nagy's wheel house.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was a few inches taller, he'd have been a no-brainer 1st round pick. The tape and those numbers don't lie.

His college HC said he's the hardest working player he's ever had play for him. Takes pride in his route running, which may have been the best in this entire class.

Also, if you're using KC as a template. A quick 5'11 elite route runner is right in Nagy's wheel house.
Does he start over Gabriel?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love a guy with wheels. I mean, who doesn't. But I've always placed a high premium on route running, which to me is an underrated attribute when determining a receiver's value. Nagy strikes me as a coach who is going to put into place precision routes that require smarts and discipline over sheer speed. So Miller just may be the perfect WR for the system.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the pansy b!tches crying about Meredith can now eff off. This guy is a clear upgrade to Meredith.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kept seeing on other boards that except for Saquon Barkley, this was a weak class for the skill players (RB and WR). Was repeated often that even the over hyped first round QB's need a year or two of work.
So to take a WR, regardless of where he ranks in comparison to the other WR in a weak class, was a move I'd prefer to be used on another need - like O-line or D.
While I like Pace; and Miller may hold value and may turn out to be decent, I would prefer to add depth to the O-line.
I'm sure Kyle Long is about to schedule his 47th or 48th surgery soon.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kept seeing on other boards that except for Saquon Barkley, this was a weak class for the skill players (RB and WR). Was repeated often that even the over hyped first round QB's need a year or two of work.
So to take a WR, regardless of where he ranks in comparison to the other WR in a weak class, was a move I'd prefer to be used on another need - like O-line.
While I like Pace; and Miller may hold value and may turn out to be decent, I would prefer to add depth to the O-line.
Well, we have four more picks tomorrow - assuming Pace stays put from here on out - I think there's at least a decent chance that we'll take another OL. I know I would like to see one more taken, but I'd prefer the other three to be on the D side of the ball. We could use some depth at OLB and the secondary. Your guess is as good as mine tho as to what Pace has up his sleeve.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to take a WR, regardless of where he ranks in comparison to the other WR in a weak class, was a move I'd prefer to be used on another need - like O-line or D.

It was actually a deep WR class. However, there was no elite "top 10 overall" type of talent. That was the issue with it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we have four more picks tomorrow - assuming Pace stays put from here on out - I think there's at least a decent chance that we'll take another OL. I know I would like to see one more taken, but I'd prefer the other three to be on the D side of the ball. We could use some depth at OLB and the secondary. Your guess is as good as mine tho as to what Pace has up his sleeve.

Yeah, I would suspect that we're done moving, unless it is in the downward direction.

Remember how recouped a pick from the Trubisky trade by trading back with Arizona last year? We just lost a 2nd next year and a 4th this year. I could see us trading back at #115 if nobody is there that we are high on.

I think we have to address OLB. That's probably the only absolute "must" - IMO. I'm sure we'll add another OL too.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo... Again, I saw Miller as the 7th rated WR in a class that was really not that great...

Another weapon sounds great, but honestly don't like giving up a 2nd next year to move up for him... I mean you watch other teams stand pat or even trade back and still get good quality at positions of need. This was a draft to trade DOWN, not UP in my opinion....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo... Again, I saw Miller as the 7th rated WR in a class that was really not that great...

Another weapon sounds great, but honestly don't like giving up a 2nd next year to move up for him... I mean you watch other teams stand pat or even trade back and still get good quality at positions of need. This was a draft to trade DOWN, not UP in my opinion....

He had better worth it.....Once you get into a 3rd round pick or later,there's no reason to start trading away picks.......And we end up with a 5-10 wr.........And even tho it sounds like everyone is high on him,I' really not either.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree in part, but the bears situation warranted a trade up. A lack of a third round pick made it so the bears really only had a realistic shot at 2 solid starters on day 1. Trading up gave them three.

Another part of the situation, one that I haven’t even seen mentioned, is the Bears are building up their offense. Offense takes a little bit of time to “install” properly into the minds of the players. Therefore, Pace put all the pieces to the offense together so they can learn as a unit together. Initially, I didn’t like the bears moves being almost all on offense, but considering growth, I think Pace made some smart moves. Even if the offense lays an egg for most of the season, the important players are all probably coming back next year and will be vastly improved due to knowledge of their offense.

I feel as though next years draft and FA will be almost exclusively defense. I feel like I’ve been on the same page as pace since the end of the season 2 years ago. I wasn’t expecting them to trade up for WR, I thought we were set on WRs, but other than that detail, I have seen Pace’s line of thinking in every move.

We should see a vastly improved product on the field this year. If most of his moves work out next year, Pace will have an opportunity to close all the holes on this team and bring them into super bowl contention with the next draft/FA.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in part, but the bears situation warranted a trade up. A lack of a third round pick made it so the bears really only had a realistic shot at 2 solid starters on day 1. Trading up gave them three.

Another part of the situation, one that I haven’t even seen mentioned, is the Bears are building up their offense. Offense takes a little bit of time to “install” properly into the minds of the players. Therefore, Pace put all the pieces to the offense together so they can learn as a unit together. Initially, I didn’t like the bears moves being almost all on offense, but considering growth, I think Pace made some smart moves. Even if the offense lays an egg for most of the season, the important players are all probably coming back next year and will be vastly improved due to knowledge of their offense.

I feel as though next years draft and FA will be almost exclusively defense. I feel like I’ve been on the same page as pace since the end of the season 2 years ago. I wasn’t expecting them to trade up for WR, I thought we were set on WRs, but other than that detail, I have seen Pace’s line of thinking in every move.

We should see a vastly improved product on the field this year. If most of his moves work out next year, Pace will have an opportunity to close all the holes on this team and bring them into super bowl contention with the next draft/FA.

I agree. However, this is also based on the presupposition that Trubs is absolutely "the guy". I like the kid too - but we need to actually see it consistently first. If him and Nagy click, it's off to the races. There's really nothing holding him back, outside of this being a new offense.

His footwork and awareness are real issues that undeniably needs to be smoothed over. I think the awareness will come with time and having talent around him to slow the game down. The footwork could be really ugly at times, though.

I'm excited to see him take the next step this year. I think he'll do it. Unrealistic to expect a Goff/Wentz year #2 jump. However, he has 20-ish TD's and single digit INT's in him. IMO. With some rushing contributions, of course.