• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Wallace an Eagle!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a great deal by Howie. Wallace replaces Smith and is cheaper with better numbers than Smith.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the type WR we needed, to take the top off of the opposing defenses. He is ala DeSean Jackson, although not as talented. Very good signing. That takes the need of drafting a WR in the 1st round. LBer is the way I hope we go, although it will be the BPA.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the type WR we needed, to take the top off of the opposing defenses. He is ala DeSean Jackson, although not as talented. Very good signing. That takes the need of drafting a WR in the 1st round. LBer is the way I hope we go, although it will be the BPA.
I have seen a lot of articles that have the Eagles really liking Vander Eshe. Not sure if it's smoke screen or legit?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace is a better receiver than Torrey Smith ... over 1000 yards more than Smith the past two seasons. He also cost only half as much. I think it's an excellent add to the WR depth which is what this WR crew needed. Now they can bring along 2nd year guy Mack Hollins a little slower as Wallace can help out at that #2 spot and share duties.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace is a better receiver than Torrey Smith ... over 1000 yards more than Smith the past two seasons. He also cost only half as much. I think it's an excellent add to the WR depth which is what this WR crew needed. Now they can bring along 2nd year guy Mack Hollins a little slower as Wallace can help out at that #2 spot and share duties.

All of this. No problem with this move.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a lot of articles that have the Eagles really liking Vander Eshe. Not sure if it's smoke screen or legit?

That's legit, believe me. He has been compared favorable to Kuechly! A little more raw, but has similar traits. He locates the ball. He's my fav if he makes it to #32.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's legit, believe me. He has been compared favorable to Kuechly! A little more raw, but has similar traits. He locates the ball. He's my fav if he makes it to #32.
Justin Reid is another guy I am interested in. I think either of these guys would fit perfectly.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy about Wallace as a player, but it makes sense to add a veteran at this position before the draft as insurance. Howie likes to go into the draft with no glaring weaknesses, to ensure BPA is an option. I'd still expect him to draft a receiver or two.

I see a similar move coming at TE. Martellus Bennett?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem about Wallace is that he isn't the type to fight for a jump ball, and he's had a history of dropping the ball when it doesn't hit him perfectly; so as long as Wentz is hitting him in perfect stride and he's getting his quota of targets, everything will be hunky dory. But if he goes a game or two with minimal targets, expect to have a crybaby on your hands.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We basically traded Smith for Worley and Wallace and 2M in cap space. I agree with the point I read...I’d take Wallace for Smith straight up.

Apparently he still has some hands issues....but still has the speed to take the top off. Just based on that alone he is a wash for Smith alone. Apparently a good locker room guy too.

Just the kind of personnel moves Howie is now known for.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good value signing - I think he will fit in fine, at this point of his career he's chasing a ring so he's not looking to cause trouble if he doesn't get the ball. Quality locker room guy from what I've read. Can still run and provides insurance to Mack Hollins in case he doesn't take that next step in his development.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the Birds could still draft WR early, despite this signing.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they draft another WR, I think it will be a KR/PR.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a WR unless it is much later, developmental, leader type. We have big needs at TE, LB and OL - which are all bigger needs than WR. It could be argued, that we need backup RB more than another WR as well at this point.

Good signing from what I'm reading. Save money and get that deep threat. I still think it's funny that agholor was faster than Smith. I wonder who will be faster between Agholor and Wallace??? I think we need a camp race!! :D

I really hope Hollins gets more playing time. I love how physical he can be. WOW, a healthier, more physical Alshon and 2nd year Hollins on the other side would be such an incredible combo to send out. But doug seems to prefer rotation, and will likely use Hollins as a Alshon substitute. I like the weapons and potential we have tho. WR is looking good.

TE is my biggest worry. We need both a VET and rookie in the draft. Having that 2nd TE is such a huge missing piece right now, imho.

I have to say also, I love the way Doug is mixing in rookies and vets together. I think that was missing early on when we were the 'youngest team' in the NFL. I always felt not having more quality vets to mentor and show leadership hurt us. Doug/Roseman have really come into their own.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace should edge out Agholor, but not by much.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace should edge out Agholor, but not by much.
Edge him out for what exactly? A race in the 40? He's certainly not taking his slot job.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge him out for what exactly? A race in the 40? He's certainly not taking his slot job.

It was a response to who is fastest. Not who is better. Of course Aggy is better, IMO.