• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan Wolverines-Iowa Hawkeyes football game canceled over COVID-19

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NewAntiqueAzurevasesponge-max-1mb.gif

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally no point in playing any more Big Ten games this year.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally no point in playing any more Big Ten games this year.
gotta admit, I'm nervous if a game will be played for us on saturday. So far, so good, but things can change quickly.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like to know exactly how many have covid.

covid has become the goto to avoid a loss.
Not gonna lie, part of me initially thought... Michigan is doing this to save face. To make it seem like they weren't dodging Ohio St, they have a legit covid issue.

Being real though, I mean, it's funny to think about, but I don't actually deny that Michigan is having covid issues and hope everyone gets/remains healthy.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. At this point I feel like if another Big Ten game is played I personally will catch covid. What a shitshow

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think must us can agree that if it were not for Covid, Michigan is likely a playoff team this season. Covid really messed up what would have been a magical season for the Wolverines.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is free. Georgia is free . Let's make it happen. B10 shouldn't give a shit as there's no more league games anyway .
No shit. I mentioned in another thread that I would like the B1G come out and make a statement that they are opening the conference up now that conference games are done and allowing teams to either accept bowl games or schedule any 2 opponents.

This shit cannot hurt the conference, so I see no reason why not and the year has been so messed up no one cares a ton about the bowls unless you are competing for one of the few major/CFP ones. I say, let teams, specifically and especially those that did not reach a near normal slate - reach out and attempt to schedule more games. Kevin Warren can go focus on other sports or begin burying his head in the sand for next year in his attempts to "lead".

Last edited:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit. I mentioned in another thread that I would like the B1G come out and make a statement that they are opening the conference up now that conference games are done and allowing teams to either accept bowl games or schedule any 2 opponents.

This shit can not hurt the conference, so I see no reason why not and the year has been so messed up no one cares a ton about the bowls unless you are competing for one of the few major/CFP ones. I say, let teams, specifically and especially those that did not reach a near normal slate - reach out and attempt to schedule more games. Kevin Warren can go focus on other sports or begin burying his head in the sand for next year in his attempts to "lead".
Well for Iowa expressly I don't see why the league would not want Iowa to play a team like UGA. A loss impacts nothing bowl wise while a win likely gets the league millions more from another NY6 game. To your point also tge league would make more money on TV letting teams schedule more games if they chose too

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think must us can agree that if it were not for Covid, Michigan is likely a playoff team this season. Covid really messed up what would have been a magical season for the Wolverines.

Have to agree. Every season is a magical one when you have YOUR Michigan man behind the wheel.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree. Every season is a magical one when you have YOUR Michigan man behind the wheel.

Absolutely. Can't wait to see this new class on the field. Although, with all the talent returning, they will have a lot of work to do to make their way onto the field next season.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is free. Georgia is free . Let's make it happen. B10 shouldn't give a shit as there's no more league games anyway .
That would match up two teams playing their best ball at the moment. Both like to run and play defense. I would love to see it.