• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michel Has Knee Procedure

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I too have the issue in one knee, they just fill a needled full of gel, inject under the knee cap and its supposed to work within a 2 to 6 week period. I was one of the 10% that it did not work on, so my Dr told me I should just live with pain until the knee gets bad enough for a replacement. When the F that is, I don't know.

That sucks. I hope I dont get to that point. A friend just had a replacement and although they are successful I am sick of seeing doctors. If the worst I get to is the gel I can live with that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. I hope I dont get to that point. A friend just had a replacement and although they are successful I am sick of seeing doctors. If the worst I get to is the gel I can live with that.

For real.
I have shoulder issues and would like to know if this gel shit might help me.

Okay so here is the jist of it. I had the knee drained several times which was followed by Cortisone shots. Contrary to what people say this is not as painful as most would think it's uncomfortable but it's not to bad. Well at first the Cortisone shots were working, but after three rounds of injections they stopped. My doctor suggested this gel injection Gel Injections for Knee Arthritis Pain again an uncomfortable shot but not really all that bad. He injected in two spots under the knee cap said it could take 2 to 6 weeks to work and he has a 90% success rate. So I got the injection, acted like a whimp so I could get some sympathy pussy from my ole lady, and it didn't work. It did seem promising and if you are getting Cortisone injections that don't have a last effect it's worth asking about.

By the way I do get Cortisone injections in both shoulders too but they seem to work. To many years of lifting weights with poor technique will mess you up. But if people want info on that we can tackle that a little later.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so here is the jist of it. I had the knee drained several times which was followed by Cortisone shots. Contrary to what people say this is not as painful as most would think it's uncomfortable but it's not to bad. Well at first the Cortisone shots were working, but after three rounds of injections they stopped. My doctor suggested this gel injection Gel Injections for Knee Arthritis Pain again an uncomfortable shot but not really all that bad. He injected in two spots under the knee cap said it could take 2 to 6 weeks to work and he has a 90% success rate. So I got the injection, acted like a whimp so I could get some sympathy pussy from my ole lady, and it didn't work. It did seem promising and if you are getting Cortisone injections that don't have a last effect it's worth asking about.

By the way I do get Cortisone injections in both shoulders too but they seem to work. To many years of lifting weights with poor technique will mess you up. But if people want info on that we can tackle that a little later.

Thanks for this. Good info to have. Yes I probably need to stop lifting too but it would mean giving up sports and I am not ready just yet but time is running out. I need to be realistic at my age. Maybe find less grinding alternatives but doctors treat me like an old man and I am not ready for that either.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for this. Good info to have. Yes I probably need to stop lifting too but it would mean giving up sports and I am not ready just yet but time is running out. I need to be realistic at my age. Maybe find less grinding alternatives but doctors treat me like an old man and I am not ready for that either.

Tell you what I did and it works. I already owned the Bowflex Dial Up Dumbells Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells plus the three position bench that comes with it and a stand for them and I now do strictly dumbell workouts. I use less weight but more reps per set. Dumbells when used correctly are a great workout. Men especially young men tend to lift more than they should. Bottom line if you struggle to lift it it's to heavy. Light weight, perfect form, more reps at a lighter weight work great. You will maintain your current strength just won't bulk up a lot.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Groovy, thanks.
I did cortisone in my shoulder and they said should be good for a year. The shot was pain free and the results were fantastic...for about 2 months.

Soo...No sympathy pussy???

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Groovy, thanks.
I did cortisone in my shoulder and they said should be good for a year. The shot was pain free and the results were fantastic...for about 2 months.

Soo...No sympathy pussy???
Well you gotta play that role. Writhe in pain a bit, keep flexing the area. Or take her out to dinner, by her flowers, send a card all for no reason at all.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you gotta play that role. Writhe in pain a bit, keep flexing the area. Or take her out to dinner, by her flowers, send a card all for no reason at all.

My highlight didn't work..you wrote;

"....acted like a whimp so I could get some sympathy pussy from my ole lady, and it didn't work."

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what I did and it works. I already owned the Bowflex Dial Up Dumbells Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells plus the three position bench that comes with it and a stand for them and I now do strictly dumbell workouts. I use less weight but more reps per set. Dumbells when used correctly are a great workout. Men especially young men tend to lift more than they should. Bottom line if you struggle to lift it it's to heavy. Light weight, perfect form, more reps at a lighter weight work great. You will maintain your current strength just won't bulk up a lot.

I am heading in that direction. My issue though is probably with leg extensions and squats. Gonna do more wall squats going forward. Dumbbells I have to be careful with my elbows. Those are becoming an issue as well. Decades of Baseball and now Tennis have shredded them pretty good.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My highlight didn't work..you wrote;

"....acted like a whimp so I could get some sympathy pussy from my ole lady, and it didn't work."
Yeah that was poorly written, my bad. Anyway ask your doctor it's worth a try.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am heading in that direction. My issue though is probably with leg extensions and squats. Gonna do more wall squats going forward. Dumbbells I have to be careful with my elbows. Those are becoming an issue as well. Decades of Baseball and now Tennis have shredded them pretty good.
Well be careful with squats and lunges my doctor forebode me from doing them

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well be careful with squats and lunges my doctor forebode me from doing them

Agreed. No lunges for sure. Wall squats are much safer but still need to be careful.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After 45 years...........nothing works........

Oh, come on, put that thing away.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 45 years...........nothing works........

Oh, come on, put that thing away.
I have found a magic pill it's wonderful. LOL

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have found a magic pill it's wonderful. LOL

You sneak it into her coffee or tea??

Wanting and doing are at totally different ends of the spectrum.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnddd he's gone