• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michel Has Knee Procedure

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots 1st round pick, running back, Sony michel had a knee surgery Saturday per the NFL Network about 5 minutes ago. Ian Rappaport says that hew should be ready for the regular season

BigKen says he will NOT be ready for the regular season.

Running backs and wide receivers don't just have a procedure and get back on the field in a month. I think he'll be placed on revocable IR and if he can do it, will come back around the first week of December. I wouldn't chance doing anything to that knee that they knee might be a problem and after less than two weeks in training camp has become one.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots 1st round pick, running back, Sony michel had a knee surgery Saturday per the NFL Network about 5 minutes ago. Ian Rappaport says that hew should be ready for the regular season

BigKen says he will NOT be ready for the regular season.

Running backs and wide receivers don't just have a procedure and get back on the field in a month. I think he'll be placed on revocable IR and if he can do it, will come back around the first week of December. I wouldn't chance doing anything to that knee that they knee might be a problem and after less than two weeks in training camp has become one.

I think your spot on with this one BK.

Unfortunately, bad knees equal short careers in the NFL.
Even shorter when you come out of the gate with a knee "procedure".

Here's to hoping the kid defies the odds!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The procedure is draining the knee and probably a hydro-cortisone shot (if allowed)
Inflammation in itself is not "serious" Cause of the inflammation can be.

Not doubting you guys - just saying not all hope is lost!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" He was examined in the medical tent and later departed the field with a trainer. Michel was not noticeably limping as he headed inside."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be a sour grape, by why does draining fluid, from a not serious knee injury take two weeks to get back to football? My son had about a pint of fluid removed from his knee around 1999 and he was playing basketball two days later. "I", "ME", BigKen wonders why a simple insertion of a needle into a sac and removal of excess fluid takes a superior athlete so long to recover. "I" suspect it was a bit more. We know he had bone to bone irritation in college in the knee. Does he have a maniscus issue?? Maybe I'm just over skeptical because these things never seem to be as simple as we're told. If he's back at practice in two week and participating at full speed, I'll be shocked.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be a sour grape, by why does draining fluid, from a not serious knee injury take two weeks to get back to football? My son had about a pint of fluid removed from his knee around 1999 and he was playing basketball two days later. "I", "ME", BigKen wonders why a simple insertion of a needle into a sac and removal of excess fluid takes a superior athlete so long to recover. "I" suspect it was a bit more. We know he had bone to bone irritation in college in the knee. Does he have a maniscus issue?? Maybe I'm just over skeptical because these things never seem to be as simple as we're told. If he's back at practice in two week and participating at full speed, I'll be shocked.
no meniscus if bone to bone.........

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His injury history is reason enough for inflammation. RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation - starts with Rest.

I don't blame you for being skeptical.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no meniscus if bone to bone.........

It the draining was followed up with gel injections which I have had they take at least two weeks to work.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it indicates a chronic condition it's not a good sign.
If it's a gel injection it's not going away anytime soon if ever. The gel however works as the tissue or whatever the F is between the bone and lasts up to a year at a time. However they do not work on all but my Doc said there is a 90% success rate with the gel.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, the Patriots have not a great deal of success drafting 'bad knees'.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a gel injection it's not going away anytime soon if ever. The gel however works as the tissue or whatever the F is between the bone and lasts up to a year at a time. However they do not work on all but my Doc said there is a 90% success rate with the gel.

Sounds like we went through a lot of the same stuff. Mine started at age 12, but luckily I had a growth spurt in my mid to late teens that helped a lot by getting some space in between so I never had to get the flubber injected.

I still have issues in one of the knees too. It never completely went away but it was not a huge deterrent either.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we went through a lot of the same stuff. Mine started at age 12, but luckily I had a growth spurt in my mid to late teens that helped a lot by getting some space in between so I never had to get the flubber injected.

I still have issues in one of the knees too. It never completely went away but it was not a huge deterrent either.
Yeah I too have the issue in one knee, they just fill a needled full of gel, inject under the knee cap and its supposed to work within a 2 to 6 week period. I was one of the 10% that it did not work on, so my Dr told me I should just live with pain until the knee gets bad enough for a replacement. When the F that is, I don't know.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, the Patriots have not a great deal of success drafting 'bad knees'.
What is it with BB taking on all these pre-existing injury types? Is it another ego thing? WTF