• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Ojemudia

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people slept on this guy when factoring in our CB rotation this year.. I know I am a little biased knowing Ojemudia personally and I have a lot of hope/wishes with the guy... But he is having a great offseason. Perhaps the biggest standout among participants in camp right now. It is early and he needs to continue but some really good things about him coming out of camp. Guy works his tail off is very humble, is a great teammate and I just love seeing this guy developing for us. His rookie year he showed signs but had the ups and downs of a rookie. Basically took a RS with injury last year but I think the last two games especially the Chiefs game this guy didn't get enough love for what he did in that game.. That game had me very eager to see how year 3 would go for him. I don't even know what I am saying as I type this... I guess I just want to say Ojemudia is having a good start to his 2022 season so far. ;) It is to hop on the bandwagon and believe! ;)... @Mingo and @SpringStein will give you a helping hand on the wagon.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7. Cornerback depth was one of the biggest non-quarterback questions entering the offseason, but encouraging clarity has surfaced in the month since.
It starts with an impressive spring by third-year player Michael Ojemudia, who missed all but two games last season because of a nagging hamstring injury. Teammates and coaches have raved about Ojemudia’s instincts and quick grasp of new defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero’s scheme.
“He’s gotten so much better,” Evero said. “It’s a credit to him and a credit to CP (defensive backs coach Christian Parker), (assistant defensive backs coach) Ola (Adams), Dre (diversity coaching fellow DeAndre Thompson) and those guys that are working with him. He’s really, really improved, which is good because we need a lot of depth at that position.”

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comments by PS2 and his coaches - have me really charged up about seeing a step up from Ojemudia. He's just like Josey Jewel - it takes a couple of years to break good players of their Iowa Hawkeye coaching. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Mingo the only person who didn't block me? ;)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little shocked you picked SS over any number of people here when discussing where to get the kool-aid.

BHamita

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ojemudia turning into a starting level corner would be a huge addition. I would think that IF Ojemudia proves himself worthy, then Darby becomes a trade target in the offseason.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ojemudia turning into a starting level corner would be a huge addition. I would think that IF Ojemudia proves himself worthy, then Darby becomes a trade target in the offseason.
Even with Ojemudia turning into a starting level corner I would not look to trade Darby if this team really has championship aspirations. You need 4 quality corners in this league to be successful especially when you consider injuries will pop up. Ojemudia would make 4.

I really liked his play is rookie season even with the ups and downs so hoping he puts it all together now that Fangio isn't around to jerk him in and out of the dog house.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More likely a release casualty with his contract then a trade, imo. Unless he plays really well and we have a log jam so get a late pick out of him . I say late based off money and years left.

BHamita

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Ojemudia turning into a starting level corner I would not look to trade Darby if this team really has championship aspirations. You need 4 quality corners in this league to be successful especially when you consider injuries will pop up. Ojemudia would make 4.

I really liked his play is rookie season even with the ups and downs so hoping he puts it all together now that Fangio isn't around to jerk him in and out of the dog house.

That would be where Mathis and Hicks hopefully fit in.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like it is a bit unfair to blame Fangio for Ojemudia not being “great” or whatever the accusation is. Ojemudia played a lot as a rookie. Got benched midseason because of poor tackling and then was back late in year. This year was an injury. Nothing to do with Fangio.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like it is a bit unfair to blame Fangio for Ojemudia not being “great” or whatever the accusation is. Ojemudia played a lot as a rookie. Got benched midseason because of poor tackling and then was back late in year. This year was an injury. Nothing to do with Fangio.
Exactly - Iowa coaching rears its ugly head. ;)