• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Bennett indicted

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously he is an idiot and a crappy human being. That said, I doubt he gets convicted here, for reasons I explained in the general board.

Still, I could see a suspension.... :gaah:

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just need to send their cleaner out to take care of the problem.

Nigel_gif.width-704.gif

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that they attach the EAGLES to Bennett, instead of the fact he was with SEATTLE at the time of the incident. The timing of things just seems weird.

Either way, this elderly person was a security person. Why in the heck are they hiring 65+ for security???????? That seems like a pile on charge. When people storm fields and go places they shouldn't - getting pushed becomes part of that scene. I'm not excusing this whatsoever, but honestly - punching a police horse seems far worse than this. Does THAT get you 10 years??? If someone pushed another civilian, the police would not be going after this the same way. And the police wonder why they get so little support anymore.

Bennett might not be a choir boy - but this seems overly inflated. Pay a fine. Take care of any injury bills if there are any (they didn't even mention any actual injuries). Sounds like he just ran past someone. It doesn't even say they were knocked down or injured in any way. Just the fact they were 65 - they are adding on charges that could become 10 years in jail. what utter BS. IMHO, the security company should be sued for then "putting elderly in harms way."

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the blowhard police chief's press conference, to me, it is trumped up. they have no videos, pics, etc., just supposedly 3 witnesses. the woman got a sprained shoulder when he tried to push his way through. she was in a 800 pound wheelchair. Is there such a thing? 800 lbs? Whatever, I bet that this goes nowhere, but he offers to pay whatever medical bills she incurred. Just bad pubicity. (I hope)!!:bullshit:

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not a huge problem for this team.

It wouldn’t be at this point if there was not smoke. Smoke means fire. Legally I expect this to blow by. Football related....I already expect not to see Bennett a few games next year. That’s worst case in my mind. We can survive that.

Hopefully what this creates is the kind of situation where the leaders on this team make sure he knows we don’t play that here.

Or maybe Howie flips him for twice the riches. Lmao.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 months to prosecute a case with 3 "reputable" witnesses for a sprained shoulder?

I find it even more hilarious that they took the time to find Brady's stolen jersey before getting to this.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 65+ year old security guard, in a wheel chair.

I don't know about you, but I feel safe.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be something he should have to answer for if a grand jury said so.

But the press conference was a bit over the top. Like, did this sit in some detectives pile of files until he accused the Las Vegas cops? It sure seemed like a swarmy shit show in the press conference.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read a little about the HPD Chief that is spearheading this charge, he sounds like a grandstanding asshole. Not excusing Bennett for what he may have done, he may have pushed the woman in question... but I can't believe that it was his intent to injure the woman in the wheelchair. If the cop witnessed a felony happen in front of him, why would he not arrest Bennett on the spot? Also completely unprofessional in his press conference. They have no video evidence, only testimony from the cop in question who apparently wasn't man enough to apprehend Bennett at the time of the alleged incident.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 months to prosecute a case with 3 "reputable" witnesses for a sprained shoulder?

I find it even more hilarious that they took the time to find Brady's stolen jersey before getting to this.
Well it's in Texas and he just became an Eagle.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read a little about the HPD Chief that is spearheading this charge, he sounds like a grandstanding asshole. Not excusing Bennett for what he may have done, he may have pushed the woman in question... but I can't believe that it was his intent to injure the woman in the wheelchair. If the cop witnessed a felony happen in front of him, why would he not arrest Bennett on the spot? Also completely unprofessional in his press conference. They have no video evidence, only testimony from the cop in question who apparently wasn't man enough to apprehend Bennett at the time of the alleged incident.

Exactly...the grand standing just tipped it off even more. This is political bullshit. If he did it I would want to see him take his medicine. On that hand its petulent and childish....whether your brother just won a SB or not.

Putting that aside...I feel this more and more....this sat on a desk until the confusion came up in Las Vegas last year...it just sounds like it went up the line in Houston after that instance.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...the grand standing just tipped it off even more. This is political bullshit. If he did it I would want to see him take his medicine. On that hand its petulent and childish....whether your brother just won a SB or not.

Putting that aside...I feel this more and more....this sat on a desk until the confusion came up in Las Vegas last year...it just sounds like it went up the line in Houston after that instance.

Moreover for me.... is does the punishment fit the crime? What they are suggesting, holds a 10 year sentence! Talk about overkill!! You would have thought he was in a bowling alley, and picked up a chair and hit an older person over the head with it. Hell, even in that, the governor will pardon you. Just saying... this is grandstanding and all politics. This is why people cannot get behind the actual wrong someone does, when they go to this extreme about it. I think this is a civil matter, and the security company that hired a 65+ year old and put them in harms way should be sued as well, imho.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crock of shit if you ask me and it probably will not see the inside of a court room. 14 months to investigate something when you had an actual cop witness the event in question. Give me a break. Bennett's attorneys will probably have a field day with this. It is not like he is going to court with a public defender.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett is a POS. Sometimes the wrong things catch up with you for the right reasons. Karma