• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Off-Season Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season not over just yet, but the odds are stacked against us once again this season for the first time in some time -- If a miracle happens, of course I will work on a playoff thread.

We can follow the lottery and draft here as well when they come around.

Talk up all things off-season starting now if you wish

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are IN the lottery! what everyone wanted early on. Lets do it!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A philosophy this team, or at least certain guys on it(who aren't around anymore), and fans simply took for granted for too long. Hopefully now it is appreciated.

CB wasn't exactly one of those guys, at least not as much as the other two - but hopefully now the Heat can continue their journey towards building this roster/organization with guys that will value every moment of this journey they call their NBA careers.

There are some pieces to build around and with(which we can get into at a later date), that is the focus now: who stays, who goes, who do we add from the outside, i.e, FA and draft, trades.

A very frustrating season but still a very rewarding on so many occasions. I hope players and fans alike appreciate these moments as much as the ones that gets them back on the bandwagon.

Go Heat!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get this party started:
Players I think should be retained at all cost: Goran,Hassan,TJ, Ellington,Winslow and Richardson - - as much as I am critical of him and feel he is consistently inconsistent, if healthy and placed in the appropriate role, he will succeed in this league and team., Waiters(he has earned himself a few bucks and within reason, the heat should find a way to give him that and retain him.
Players I am not particularly fond of as much as everyone else but I believe will be retained:James Johnson. I know the organization has become very fond of him; but I still say he should only be retained at a reasonable asking price desired by the team. If he ask for too much, we can easily improve over him -- no problem at all.

On the fence:Luke Babbitt, he showed he can do some things when healthy and when the team is willing to use him on the court. If the team can find someone to fit his role better than that is great - I wouldn't be against keeping him otherwise.

Willie Reed - Another guy I'm on the fence. He has earned a few extra bucks, and I wouldn't be against bringing him back - but if we can improve upon him with a replacement; go for it without hesitation.

That is a total of just 7 players I have mentioned I think the team should be locked in with

JJ, Babbitt, Reed, McGruder( I think McGruder is better off with a little more D-League time; if on the NBA roster, he should have a lesser role until there is more consistency offensively - unless injury forces Spo to play him more often than necessary as I believe was the biggest reason for so much PT for him this season. DOnt get me wrong, he did some good things for us, but I just don't think he does enough to be worthy of a starting spot.

That leaves UD, who is an invaluable presence on the bench; if he chooses to return at a mutually friendly price, go for it.

Then there is McRoberts, I know most want him gone - But, if he is at least somewhat healthy, see what you can get out of him - otherwise move on.

So, we have a good core of guys to build around. As I have always said, under Riles we will never have to fully rebuild, just reload - this roster shows that.

Lets see what happens with the CB situation and how the potential of that chunk of salary can help our cause. But we at least have a great deal to build with going into next season, which is more than what any lottery team can say. A few tweaks is all we need.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gordon Hayward has been a rumored name tied to the Heat for a while now.

But, my question to you is, what other guys do you see as worthy fits for a max contract from the Heat, should the necessary moves be made to allow that to happen?

Like I said in my previous post, of all lottery team, the Heat are in the best shape as far as having guys currently on the roster to build around and only needing a few tweaks - so who are some names who might help us get over the hump?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they can and their initial approach will be to try and do so - whether or not they should do so is a different conversation

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anouby out of Arizonana projected to the Heat by CBSSports.com

There is an expectation for some craziness to go on within the first 6 picks due to Lonzo Ball and his diva of a father that could shake things up in and around where the Heat selection is to be made - so, don't worry if Anouby is not your desired pick for the Heat , almost surely at the 14th slot , though he wouldn't be a bad selection there.

A lot of time to go before the draft, though

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer we ride with the guards we have and resign James Johnson along with hopefully landing Hayward.

Agree.
Not sure if Hayward is a real option, but if he is, Id go for it.
I think hes on the verge of jumping into an elite type player level.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer we ride with the guards we have and resign James Johnson along with hopefully landing Hayward.

Agree I love that idea. Plus Richardson started to look like the J-Rich from last year at the end of this season. If he's able to stay healthy this summer, I can live with him as the starting 2 guard especially if it means we land Hayward.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on these two quotes, seems like JJ will be easier to convince to return.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like everyone has been paying attention to what has been said during exit interviews - it makes it hurt that much more that these group of guys fell short of the playoffs by pretty much just a game.

But this organization is as solid as you can find in all sports - this organization will be back where it belongs in the coming season

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3