• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphns Playoff Scenarios

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The recent loss puts a damper in our playoff hopes. Albeit complicated, according to Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel - A set of scenarios remain that would get the Dolphins into the playoffs - Here it is:
Well, I’ve done it! I’ve mapped the miracle! I’ve figured how the Dolphins can defy the odds, save this era and make the playoffs in one, simple, nine-step process (with the help of ESPN's playoff machine).

Ready?

1. The Dolphins beat Minnesota. Hey, the Dolphins are a 7-point favorite (what is Vegas thinking?)

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

2. The Dolphins beat the Jets in what will be the Termination Bowl. Both Joe Philbin and Rex Ryan will be coaching their final games -- unless the Dolphins pull out this nine-step dance.

3. Buffalo loses at Oakland or its finale at New England. Not hard to imagine. That makes the Bills 9-7. Since the Dolphins and Bills split this year's series, the Dolphins need these endings to win the second tie-breaker of records against AFC East opponents. They're both 3-2 right now. The Dolphins would end 4-2. The Bills would be 3-3.

4. Pittsburgh loses at Kansas City and ...

5. .. against Cincinnati to finish 9-7. Both of these would probably be the way you'd pick the game.

6. Baltimore loses at Houston and ...

7. ... against Cleveland to finish 9-7. Neither of these would be the way you'd pick the games.

8. Houston must lose its finale (8) to Jacksonville and finish 8-8. A stretch. But not impossible.

9. Kansas City beats San Diego in the finale.

All of this allows the Dolphins to win the tie-breaker over Pittsburgh based on the winning percentage of common games. Baltimore, Jacksonville and the Jets are the common oppoonents. Pittsburgh split with Baltimore, beat Jacksonville and lost to the Jets. They'd be 2-2. The Dolphins would be 3-1 if they beat the Jets in the final.

Hercules had his 12 Labors.

The Dolphins have their Nine Steps.
Hyde5: The 9-step process for Dolphins to still make playoffs - Sun Sentinel

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a couple of other ways it could happen bottom line Miami needs to win both Baltimore needs to lose both and they need San Diego to be 9-7 so the head to head against Baltimore does not come into effect.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're ALL going back to the ~aquarium~ For the winter........have fun..... *wink*.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds are that you're right but at the same time if the pats don't win a super bowl this year with the team they have they may not get a better opportunity before the window closes. I think the pats are facing more pressure than the Fins right now...you sweating yet???

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds are that you're right but at the same time if the pats don't win a super bowl this year with the team they have they may not get a better opportunity before the window closes. I think the pats are facing more pressure than the Fins right now...you sweating yet???

Are you taking Hammer lessons? This is some pretty weak shit.....
Keep practicing

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the window for the cheatriots closed when they got caught doing spygate

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you taking Hammer lessons? This is some pretty weak shit.....
Keep practicing

So the pats are going to make the playoffs indefinitely and have numerous bowl shots forever? Wake up bro!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the pats are going to make the playoffs indefinitely and have numerous bowl shots forever? Wake up bro!

So you are saying that the brilliant Pats dynasty won't last so I should wish for the Dolphins under-achievment so I will inherit the dog bowl someday? Sounds good if you are perenially eating left-overs....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying that the brilliant Pats dynasty won't last so I should wish for the Dolphins under-achievment so I will inherit the dog bowl someday? Sounds good if you are perenially eating left-overs....

Nothing lasts forever. You should be praying for a bowl win this year because it may just be your last kick at the cat for a while. Dynasties involve numerous championships which the pats haven't had in more than a decade. Remember Ricky Bobbie said second is last!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[B said:
FlyerFinFan[/B];6058713]Nothing lasts forever. You should be praying for a bowl win this year because it may just be your last kick at the cat for a while. Dynasties involve numerous championships which the pats haven't had in more than a decade. Remember Ricky Bobbie said second is last!

So let me get this straight?

You are a Canadian, flyers, dolphins, and NASCAR fan?????

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are not going to playoffs, so don't waste time trying to figure out how they could get there.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIA still barely alive. Out this wk w/LOSS or BAL win/tie or PIT win/tie

Scenarios to stay alive today

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start backing-up those U-Hauls,.....I think Minni keeps it close today, maybe wins...!