• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Week 9 Game 8 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is news reported by Adam Schefter that Jay could return in time for the Raiders game if not the week after - After this, what is to me an unsurprising less than stellar game from Matt Moore - those of us who are rooting for the best interest of this team, should hope Jay can return that soon or sooner.

Mack alone would probably take MM out of the game. Lets hope we get healthier for next game.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not official yet, but Gase seemed poised to give Jay Cutler his starting job back if he does in fact return as early as next week for Fins vs Raiders - if not, whenever he does get healthy. Thankfully it only took just one game for him to realize the washed up bum that is Matt Moore is simply not the answer even in the short-term

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shamefully the NFL will not punish Suh for his dirty hit on Flacco. Let off hook easy

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By now I am sure most of you have heard or read about the comments of anger by Adam Gase regarding the lack of production by the offense. He mentioned he was " tired of the offense not working and guys not studying enough"

He certainly has a point on the lack of production.As I always say, injuries aside this crap has not been good enough.

That being said, I thought his comments were basically throwing the offense and the team under the bus while excluding himself of any fault for our offensive shortcomings thus far.

Every single week when dealing with the media he is asked about how he will try and fix this or that issue and he just disregards it with Belicheat type answers - giving smart ass answers rather than just answering the questions and owning up to his mistakes.

This is the type of shit that can be divisive in the locker-room. This is the type of shit that could/will put a coach on the hot seat.

I am wondering if this fan base is willing to be critical of Gase for this nonsense knowing that this fan base has called for the firing of other coaches for less? More importantly, I want to see how our players react to the coach throwing them under the bus while not taking his share of the blame.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By now I am sure most of you have heard or read about the comments of anger by Adam Gase regarding the lack of production by the offense. He mentioned he was " tired of the offense not working and guys not studying enough"

He certainly has a point on the lack of production.As I always say, injuries aside this crap has not been good enough.

That being said, I thought his comments were basically throwing the offense and the team under the bus while excluding himself of any fault for our offensive shortcomings thus far.

Every single week when dealing with the media he is asked about how he will try and fix this or that issue and he just disregards it with Belicheat type answers - giving smart ass answers rather than just answering the questions and owning up to his mistakes.

This is the type of shit that can be divisive in the locker-room. This is the type of shit that could/will put a coach on the hot seat.

I am wondering if this fan base is willing to be critical of Gase for this nonsense knowing that this fan base has called for the firing of other coaches for less? More importantly, I want to see how our players react to the coach throwing them under the bus while not taking his share of the blame.
Gase hasn't been perfect but the oline has been shit and he's on the third string QB. Still 4-3 and third best record in regular season nfl games since their streak last year so I'll give him a pass.

Alonso made that hit and all football people agreed it was on flacco for not sliding sooner. He was trying for the first down and left it too late for Alonso to slow down. Not dirty he's just doing his job no way to stop that soon he was already going for the tackle.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We disagree on the Alonso issue but thats a different matter at this point...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We disagree on the Alonso issue but thats a different matter at this point...
I've played sports and it's difficult to change direction when in the air at full speed. What if flacco decided to keep running for the 1st is Alonso supposed to read his mind? But if he does go for it Alonso has to do his job and nail him. Even Mooch who is on player safety said that flacco needs to use the rule in place and get down sooner he can't have it both ways...otherwise you give the D no chance QB's can just run for TD's every down....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiko Alonso fined by the league for his hit on Flacco - rightly so. He , the team and we as fans should feel lucky the punishment isn't more severe

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who gets more rushing yards today? Ajayi or the Fins RB by committee?

To be fair, it seems the Eagles are also going by committee - with a better group, of course

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiko Alonso fined by the league for his hit on Flacco - rightly so. He , the team and we as fans should feel lucky the punishment isn't more severe
You obviously have never played sports. So if Alonso assumed that flacco was going to slide and instead he kept going and scored a TD would you have been all over him for not making the tackle? You can't have it both ways. Flacco played today and did the same thing but slid earlier. No problem although the idiot still didn't slide horizontal the announcer ripped him for that... rightly so.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who gets more rushing yards today? Ajayi or the Fins RB by committee?

To be fair, it seems the Eagles are also going by committee - with a better group, of course
If the oline doesn't play better it won't matter. I could have ran through the whole that Ajayi had on his big run today. I'm hoping that overall the offence will be better because Drake and Williams aren't one trick ponies. D can't predict run . We'll see.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously have never played sports. So if Alonso assumed that flacco was going to slide and instead he kept going and scored a TD would you have been all over him for not making the tackle? You can't have it both ways. Flacco played today and did the same thing but slid earlier. No problem although the idiot still didn't slide horizontal the announcer ripped him for that... rightly so.

I always love the " you have obviously never played "insert sport" argument. So weak.

But, to your point, I have always been physically disabled - so, I will admit I have never played football or any sport at a level beyond that of which is accommodated for wheelchair bound individuals.

I get your argument.Its the same one many other analyst/former QBs have brought up.

That said, I have said nothing about the whether or not the QB helped or didn't help his own cause during the hit - that is not my point.

What the QB did or didn't do is irrelevant to me.

I am talking about the hit. The hit was dirty and unnecessary in my opinion - as you have yours.

Obviously it is tough and nearly impossible to judge intent, which is why it is not considered in the rule -But I considered the fact that we were already down in the game, already short-handed without our starting QB - among other factors against us prior to and throughout the game before that incident.

I believe some of our guys, especially on defense were already butt hurt about the potential outcome of the game that they just went out there to simply get their licks on their opponent without much care of anything else.

This is why I considered the hit dirty and unnecessary.

Last, we obviously have differing views on the matter. Its a beautiful thing.

Go Fins!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G Ted Larsen, WR Rashawn Scott, G Isaac Asiata, DT Vincent Taylor, QB David Fales, LB Stephone Anthony.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always love the " you have obviously never played "insert sport" argument. So weak.

But, to your point, I have always been physically disabled - so, I will admit I have never played football or any sport at a level beyond that of which is accommodated for wheelchair bound individuals.

I get your argument.Its the same one many other analyst/former QBs have brought up.

That said, I have said nothing about the whether or not the QB helped or didn't help his own cause during the hit - that is not my point.

What the QB did or didn't do is irrelevant to me.

I am talking about the hit. The hit was dirty and unnecessary in my opinion - as you have yours.

Obviously it is tough and nearly impossible to judge intent, which is why it is not considered in the rule -But I considered the fact that we were already down in the game, already short-handed without our starting QB - among other factors against us prior to and throughout the game before that incident.

I believe some of our guys, especially on defense were already butt hurt about the potential outcome of the game that they just went out there to simply get their licks on their opponent without much care of anything else.

This is why I considered the hit dirty and unnecessary.

Last, we obviously have differing views on the matter. Its a beautiful thing.

Go Fins!
Sure everyone has an opinion but you can't base it on assumptions and emotions. Alonso is not burfict. The previous game he could have smashed a guy but he let up.
I only mentioned playing because until you are out there you really have no idea how fast this stuff happens. LB analysts all said the same thing. It just gets me mad when people slander a player without knowing 100% that he meant to cripple the QB. Especially when he sees the guy going for a first down and it's his job to stop him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G Ted Larsen, WR Rashawn Scott, G Isaac Asiata, DT Vincent Taylor, QB David Fales, LB Stephone Anthony.
Wonder why Larsen isn't in? They could use him.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure everyone has an opinion but you can't base it on assumptions and emotions. Alonso is not burfict. The previous game he could have smashed a guy but he let up.
I only mentioned playing because until you are out there you really have no idea how fast this stuff happens. LB analysts all said the same thing. It just gets me mad when people slander a player without knowing 100% that he meant to cripple the QB. Especially when he sees the guy going for a first down and it's his job to stop him.

Absolutely Kiko is no Burfict. But this is another point I want to make, just because a particular player doesn't have a reputation/history for being a dirty player or making dirty plays - doesn't mean he may not make one in his career at some point or another

On Larsen, I'm guessing due to the severity of the injury he had and the time he was out - they want to ease him back into the mix. Sure as fuck we need him but maybe easing him into the mix is for his and the teams own good

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, as usual I am hoping for a win - but something tells me be it on the field or the stands - those wearing Dolphins uniforms tonight might come out on the wrong end of their battles.

Now on to the keys to the game:
With the trade of Ajayi, AG has created a target on himself to fix this offense and running game to be more specific.

The run must be established and leaned on until it has opened up the pass game.

Keep feeding the TEs as Gase has done so a little more in the last couple weeks.

Contrary to other weeks, I think the Fins should take on a more time off possession approach offensively vs going up-tempo.

The Raiders can light up the scoreboard - the Fins struggle to even get 3 some times -- so time of possession is key.

Keep the defense off the field as long as possible because this offense will ruin them.

Create favorable field position on special teams. Fins need to create more and easier scoring chances - getting favorable position by way of special teams will be key.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like rain will be a factor tonight - so will that ever wonderful Florida humidity

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like rain will be a factor tonight - so will that ever wonderful Florida humidity
giphy.gif

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As is the norm, Fins win toss and elect to differ. Lets see what our defense can do with this rain vs this offense