• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Week 14 Game 13 Game Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have iced it long before that but the refs did their best to keep brady in it. That PI on Howard was ridiculous patsie had hands to face and Howard gets called? Should have been anhilation...

Buffalo should have lost as well as that offensive PI on the convert was even worse as it was on the line of scrimmage. Patsies had one worse earlier in the year but brady whined so refs picked up the flag. It's just sick at the preferential treatment to those guys...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! What a game!
The Pats did not convert a 3rd down the entire game.
CB Howard played like a pro bowler. The Pats kept challenging him & he kept making plays.
Verner & the other CB's made plays.
The Fins Dline out played the Pats Oline whereas the Fins Oline did a great job of protecting Cutler.
Drake was explosive & versatile. He sees the field well. The Pats couldn't stop his cut back runs or his pass catching ability. He played tough.
The Fins coaching staff found ways to get Landry involved. I expected him to be double teamed yet he was getting open. The other WRs made plays. Grant made a great catch for a TD
For the most part the Fins avoided making mistakes with penalties.
This was a game that the Pats needed to keep pace with the Steelers yet the Fins won it.
Great job by the Fins coaches & players!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! What a game!
CB Howard played like a pro bowler. The Pats kept challenging him & he kept making plays.
The Fins Dline out played the Pats Oline whereas the Fins Oline did a great job of protecting Cutler.
Drake was explosive & versatile. He sees the field well. The Pats couldn't stop his cut back runs or his pass catching ability. He played tough.
The Fins coaching staff found ways to get Landry involved. I expected him to be double teamed yet he was getting open. The other WRs made plays. Grant made a great catch for a TD
This was a game that the Pats needed to keep pace with the Steelers yet the Fins won it.

Well, the Pats can vault right back into the #1 seed next week by beating PIT head-to-head. But yes... a big win, that nobody expected. Honestly, they should have won by more... they dominated that game.

They've looked really good two games in a row, and their final three games are all against teams in the wild card conversation. All winnable. Not easy.... but with how the D has been playing. Very winnable. The run game with Drake emerging is also huge.

This week's game will be very telling to me. They can't afford a let-down (obviously) and this is kind of one of those spots (coming off of a big win, good performance) where Cutler has tended to underwhelm.

If they beat Buffalo Sunday. I think that they can definitely win the final two, which I believe would get them in.

Not even with a Baltimore loss either. Tennessee has looked horrendous, and is beyond lucky to be above .500. Much less 8-5. They finish at SF (suddenly looking solid with Jimmy G), vs Rams and vs JAX. If the Fins win out, Tennessee drops 2 of 3... they'll own the better conference record and the H2H tie-breaker.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Pats can vault right back into the #1 seed next week by beating PIT head-to-head. But yes... a big win, that nobody expected. Honestly, they should have won by more... they dominated that game.

They've looked really good two games in a row, and their final three games are all against teams in the wild card conversation. All winnable. Not easy.... but with how the D has been playing. Very winnable. The run game with Drake emerging is also huge.

This week's game will be very telling to me. They can't afford a let-down (obviously) and this is kind of one of those spots (coming off of a big win, good performance) where Cutler has tended to underwhelm.

If they beat Buffalo Sunday. I think that they can definitely win the final two, which I believe would get them in.

Not even with a Baltimore loss either. Tennessee has looked horrendous, and is beyond lucky to be above .500. Much less 8-5. They finish at SF (suddenly looking solid with Jimmy G), vs Rams and vs JAX. If the Fins win out, Tennessee drops 2 of 3... they'll own the better conference record and the H2H tie-breaker.
It will be tough but you never know that's why you play the games. They are definitely playing better..

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still not sure why they wanted to, or still do, want to let Landry go. He is a solid top 10 WR when QB is able to throw. This was the cutler I had hoped to see all season long. Need to keep this rolling up in Buffalo, that may be hard, Fins seem to struggle there.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins played well in all phases of the game. The game vs the Pats never felt close. The Fins had two long early drives for FGs. If either of those are a TD then the game probably would have been a blowout.

The Fins are a totally different team when they play with a lead. I think that is the key to the game this week and going forward. The Fins will need to stop the run and that includes containing QB Taylor along with McCoy. If the Fins force the Bills into passing situations I like the Fins' chances. The secondary is playing very well. The LBs will have to have a good game vs the Bills. Taylor's mobility makes stopping the Bills running game a greater challenge but not impossible.

The Fins' offense is running on all cylinders now & we are starting to see what they are capable of.

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be Peterman as QB again for the Bills. He had only 10 pass attempts for the Bills last week. He ran the ball 4 times in that game.

McCoy had 32 carries against the Colts.

The weather on Sunday is forecasted to be in the 30s and partly cloudy. The Fins have the advantage in the passing game so hopefully there is no snow or freezing rain.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still not sure why they wanted to, or still do, want to let Landry go. He is a solid top 10 WR when QB is able to throw. This was the cutler I had hoped to see all season long. Need to keep this rolling up in Buffalo, that may be hard, Fins seem to struggle there.

I don't think anyone wants to see Landry go. I know that I am a big fan of him. He is as competitive as it gets and very productive. I think the Fins will find a way to keep him.

RE Cutler: He picked the right time to have his best performance of the year.

The Bills have a tough defense. I'm hoping Cutler can keep playing at that level. He made the Pats pay nearly every time they tried to blitz him. The coaches deserve credit also for having the team prepared. The blocking was good from all positional groups including the RBs & TEs. I was impressed by the Fins Oline. They are playing smart & inspired football.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! What a game!

I re-watched the game and Patriots still lost.
They were out-coached
Miami offense played better.
Miami defense played better.

What I will remember from the game: Brady on the sideline yelling, trying to motivate players to get them in the game, not his usual self. Even his tantrum was hollow, lifeless.
I'm going to hope that Pats got a wake-up call.
Congratulations on a well-played game.