• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Week 12 Game 11 Game thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Moore magic not enough against Bucs as I suspected . Our season now on life support more than ever as a tough stretch , our last stretch of games comes.

Let’s see if Jay returns or if the fins do the honorable thing and pull the plug on season and just let Matt Moore continue to rack up morale victories as only he can

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Fins should view this game as their playoff game. A win on the road against the Pats would be something to build upon.

There was a different energy when Moore came in against the Bucs. The team had some nice drives but kicked FGs. FGs will not win the game vs the Pats. Their offense is way too prolific for that. The Pats are nearly unstoppable. Brady will throw quick passes. If the Fins' pass rush can't put pressure on him then the team has no chance to win. This would be a good game for Harris to make a name for himself. He's a developing rookie so it's understandable that he's learning to become more productive. Other guys on the Dline have underperformed this year in my opinion. This would be a good game to show improvement.

It would take nearly a mistake free game by the Fins for them to have any chance. It's a tall task for a team that is one of the worst in getting penalties. This would be a good game to show improvement. I think Tunsil is finding out how difficult playing tackle in the NFL is. Godchaux also draws lots of penalties. I am one of his biggest fans but he needs to become more disciplined.

I think we'll find out about the Fins' character on Sunday. Will the team give up if/when the team faces adversity? We'll see on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Fins should view this game as their playoff game. A win on the road against the Pats would be something to build upon.

There was a different energy when Moore came in against the Bucs. The team had some nice drives but kicked FGs. FGs will not win the game vs the Pats. Their offense is way too prolific for that. The Pats are nearly unstoppable. Brady will throw quick passes. If the Fins' pass rush can't put pressure on him then the team has no chance to win. This would be a good game for Harris to make a name for himself. He's a developing rookie so it's understandable that he's learning to become more productive. Other guys on the Dline have underperformed this year in my opinion. This would be a good game to show improvement.

It would take nearly a mistake free game by the Fins for them to have any chance. It's a tall task for a team that is one of the worst in getting penalties. This would be a good game to show improvement. I think Tunsil is finding out how difficult playing tackle in the NFL is. Godchaux also draws lots of penalties. I am one of his biggest fans but he needs to become more disciplined.

I think we'll find out about the Fins' character on Sunday. Will the team give up if/when the team faces adversity? We'll see on Sunday.

Viewing a regular season game as a playoff game when there is still quite a few weeks left in the regular season is just preaching mediocrity. When you have to settle for morale victories , your season has lost meaning .

Then again , Matt Moore has officially been named the starter so that basically makes this game is meaningless . There is nothing to play for .

I’m having trouble understanding this “ Matt Moore provides a spark “ narrative his supporters want to sell.

Citing his entire career doesn’t help him much either — but Judy for the sake of addressing recebtmenory , I will only bring up hid most recent performances . First , last week , he came I. For Kay and according to his supporters provided a “spark” my memory is just fine but just to be sure I looked st my schedule to remind me of last weeks outcome and I confirmed the fins lost . Then going a little further back , he started versus the ravens and he contribute relentlessly to that loss .

Then last season during the playoffs single handily took us out of that game before the first quarter even ended.

point being , it’s time to stop trying to sell this “he provides “ a spark bullshit .

As Herm Edwards once said “ you play to win the game “

If you didn’t win the game , you haven’t accomplished SHIT.

Let’s not try and make excuses for the guy due to an unwillingness to admit how much of a scrub he is . Let’s not set ourselves up for having to style for a morale victory to excuse the fact that the guy simply won’t what it takes to get the job done on Sunday .

The Fins need to give Doughty or Fales a look to see if they can continue to develop either into a starter or reliable backup - before deciding what to do at the position at the draft . Throwing away games and claiming they have little meaning to justify playing a scrub at QB I’d not a good look for wanting to turn this organization around .

Fins should probably not even fly to NE and forfeit the game at this point

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot one thing , you mentioned character of this team . This is a team that lacks an identity in either side of the ball — so character is just another BS narrative . This team has already shown their character ... coaching staff included ... when things have gotten tough , they’ve resorted to finger pinting ... lacking responsibility and just flat folding .

Again , we gotta stop seeking out morale victories to mask our flaws — it will do nothing for them

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way , it’s early , but shoutout to Gase for not getting into any personal rifts with any of our players this week to then be butt hurt and cut them

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore is definitely not a starter but he is capable of playing a good enough game to win if they remain balanced. No different than what's happening with Case in Minnie. Either way tall task to win in NE as you have to not only play against a good team but the one or two refs that have been bought off. I'm sure we'll see a few head scratching calls again out there that could tip a close game so they need to be better than good.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore is definitely not a starter but he is capable of playing a good enough game to win if they remain balanced. No different than what's happening with Case in Minnie. Either way tall task to win in NE as you have to not only play against a good team but the one or two refs that have been bought off. I'm sure we'll see a few head scratching calls again out there that could tip a close game so they need to be better than good.

We bought off more than that - seems like both teams are getting ripped off.....