• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins Off-Season Thread

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, would you rather win and get paid a reasonable amount of money 1.5 to 2 million a year or make very good money and play for average, at best team that will struggle to make playoffs. I guess towards end of career, you need to go for the money.

Especially if your team is quietly saying "take the money"

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins’ season went sideways last year when Ryan Tannehill‘s knee wasn’t as ready as they thought it was.

They did not respond by laying in a Plan B this offseason, so the good news seems to be that Tannehill is well.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Tannehill will participate in today’s OTAs, and won’t be limited after last year’s ACL surgery.

The Dolphins were linked with a number of options at the position this offseason, but they didn’t draft one, and they let veteran backup Matt Moore walk in free agency (where he remains).

They have an odd lot of backups at the moment, with Brock Osweiler and David Fales and Bryce Petty duking it out for the honor of being second in line. And writing that sentence makes you realize how important it is for Tannehill to be physically prepared for 16 games.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill practiced today without a brace. I expect him to be fully recovered. He's still young enough to heal fully and put the injury behind him. Also, he is a very good athlete. He trained like a track star in high school according to his former coach. In college he was the best WR on his team before making the switch to QB.

I think he is being underrated by the national media to the point it seems disrespectful. In his first year with Gase he led the Fins to the Playoffs. This year's oline should be able to protect him better then in years past. THill has gotten better every year with the Fins. This Fins team could surprise some people. People were saying in 2016 that he could not throw the deep ball meanwhile he was hitting Stills in stride for TDs. He has some playmakers on his team. There is a lot of speed at the skill positions for the Fins. It will be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill practiced today without a brace. I expect him to be fully recovered. He's still young enough to heal fully and put the injury behind him. Also, he is a very good athlete. He trained like a track star in high school according to his former coach. In college he was the best WR on his team before making the switch to QB.

I think he is being underrated by the national media to the point it seems disrespectful. In his first year with Gase he led the Fins to the Playoffs. This year's oline should be able to protect him better then in years past. THill has gotten better every year with the Fins. This Fins team could surprise some people. People were saying in 2016 that he could not throw the deep ball meanwhile he was hitting Stills in stride for TDs. He has some playmakers on his team. There is a lot of speed at the skill positions for the Fins. It will be interesting.
Anything is possible. They're adding quite a few players who were either injured, drafted or signed in FA. McMillan for instance could be huge as well as Lippett. Will be a lot of fun seeing how this all works out but of course if Tanny comes back and plays well it won't be hard to be better than cutler and moore so an improvement at QB is entirely possible.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, in addition to getting THill back I think there will be major improvements from players added in the offseason, injured players returning and the draft picks.

McMillan returning could make a big difference. He is like a QB on defense.

I think there are some other players that could take the next step up in their careers, guys like Howard & Drake.

I am rooting for Lippett but I think it's harder to return to the same level of play with an achilles injury. He could provide depth and INTs when he is healthy.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, in addition to getting THill back I think there will be major improvements from players added in the offseason, injured players returning and the draft picks.

McMillan returning could make a big difference. He is like a QB on defense.

I think there are some other players that could take the next step up in their careers, guys like Howard & Drake.

I am rooting for Lippett but I think it's harder to return to the same level of play with an achilles injury. He could provide depth and INTs when he is healthy.
in all honesty, its all a bunch of hopes and prayers. no one knows how the new guys will acclimate the schemes. can howard and drake play a full year at the level they ended last year? nobody knows what mcmillan is, he was hurt on the very first play of his career. he could be dogshit in the middle for all we know. missing a year of making calls and reading an offense doesn't bode well for a rookie who is "a qb on defense", that pure speculation at this point.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in all honesty, its all a bunch of hopes and prayers. no one knows how the new guys will acclimate the schemes. can howard and drake play a full year at the level they ended last year? nobody knows what mcmillan is, he was hurt on the very first play of his career. he could be dogshit in the middle for all we know. missing a year of making calls and reading an offense doesn't bode well for a rookie who is "a qb on defense", that pure speculation at this point.

McMillan has a lot to prove of course. I am not saying he will be a pro bowl player. He does have potential though. It is speculation on my part about the team. I never guarantee wins. That said, I think it is even more speculation to believe that the Fins will be a worse team than last year as many are predicting.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMillan has a lot to prove of course. I am not saying he will be a pro bowl player. He does have potential though. It is speculation on my part about the team. I never guarantee wins. That said, I think it is even more speculation to believe that the Fins will be a worse team than last year as many are predicting.
That's exactly it more people tend to believe the worst when it could easily turn out the best case scenario. I try to stay in the middle. McMillan for instance was able to watch a full season of the pro game don't take that lightly as it may benefit him more moving forward kind of like a QB sitting his first year but hanging around watching. Just as long as he's healthy why would he be worse than coming out last year?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly it more people tend to believe the worst when it could easily turn out the best case scenario. I try to stay in the middle. McMillan for instance was able to watch a full season of the pro game don't take that lightly as it may benefit him more moving forward kind of like a QB sitting his first year but hanging around watching. Just as long as he's healthy why would he be worse than coming out last year?
Because he hasn’t played mlb in a game since January 2017

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Training camp and preseason games will help him to get ready.
Exactly. Most rookies get put right in there if they are good enough but he's had a chance to understand the D and watch. That has to help not hinder him. Obviously if he's flat out not good then none of that will matter but how do we know?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ajayi is already demanding more carries this season when he can't even practice all week...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Evening, guv'nah! May I bother you a trifle for some more carries?"
It's like Pouncey he was never healthy enough to practice so the oline was never in sync. Sometimes less talent and health is better. I think we're going to see a huge improvement on the oline due to it. RB has a good mix too!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieinnc,

It's no wonder he wanted to leave. He got tired of taking pay cuts. I am sure he's enjoying the weather here a lot more also.

Winning is the only reason FA's stay with the Pats. Even with winning some of the players are growing tired of Belichick. Gronk for example. Even Brady isn't going to be at the start of the Pats camp.

I see an AFC East with teams that will be improving at the QB spot. Meanwhile, the Pats let Garropolo walk. I was glad to see him leave the Pats.

2019 NFL Free Agency: Dolphins release WR Danny Amendola; how quickly can he come back to New England?