• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MHSL82's Minnesota Timberwolves - Utah Jazz Special Game Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7:30 PM PST
8:30 PM MST

TV: ESPN
Radio: KZNS 97.5 FM and 1280 AM

(This says you can listen to games on the Utah Jazz app. Is that true?)

Utah Jazz Broadcasting Information

Keys:

1) Smile
2) Don't bite.
3) Towns will probably win his matchup. He's too good. The guards and JINGLES will have to play well to win.

I wish the bigs would outplay Minnesota's though, just because I like seeing teams with bigs play well, because of how much more rare it is in today's game.

4) Minnesota isn't going to commit too many turnovers. It's going to come down to forcing missed shots, and getting those ball boards. (Moses Malone reference.)

5) Over/Under on how many positive looks @MHSL82 and father (or is it MHSL82 Sr. and son?) give each other during the game?

I'll say 8.5. I want the over.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favors opens the game with a corner 3.

Um, what?

Brick.

He goes on to score the game's first basket a little later.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench doing a nice job to start the 2nd.

I think this sequence may be one of those positive nods of recognition between @MHSL82 and father.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jingles to Gobert!

Gobert has been the best player on the court in the 2nd.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder having a good game. He's guarded Towns and Teague tonight. Lol.

Mitchell makes hard shots look easy.

Gobert makes scoring and rebounding look easy with his size.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder pulled down his shorts at the foul line, adjusted his jersey, and pulled them back up.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jingles with a steal, Mitchell fouled on a dunk attempt.

@MHSL82, how many times did you Jingle or think about Jingling, tonight?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked how Gobert and Crowder high-fived each other after a made basket.

I'm pointing this out, because it shows good chemistry between an established member, and a new member.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MHSL82, live thoughts from the game?

What did you think of this thread?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to two Jazz games this year with my dad and one with my kids. Two total.

Both games there has been a fight with two players ejected.

Easy question: who was the targeted player in both?
Second question: what was the other game I went to?

First - Hint/Disclaimer: Don't read if you don't want a hint. In one of the games, the ejections weren't for the same incident.
Second - Obnoxious but Potentially Helpful Hint: The second game was after the first. ;)
Third - HUGE hint: I will tell you when I think about the Minnesota game after you answer these questions.
Fourth - Stupid Hint: These were home games.
Fifth - Obvious but narrowing the search hint: We won both games.
Sixth - For good measure hint: The ejected players were not Jazz players.
Seventh - Irrelevant Hint: Capitalization, format, and order of the hints do not matter.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading when you told me to stop.

You can use spoiler tags next time though to make it easier to stop reading.

Easy Question: I don't think there are easy questions. I can sometimes make a case why more than one answer is a good possibility.

But, I'll go with a physical player who was targeted, Rubio or Gobert.

Let's go with Rubio.

Second question: If it's Rubio, then did you go to the Suns game too on March 15? If so, why didn't you announce it? Did you not like the special thread I made for the Minnesota game?

So if it's the Suns game, then it's Chriss and Dudley who had problems with Rubio.

If you went to the Hawks game on March 21st, then it was Schroder. Again, you didn't announce it.

I'll predict that the Minnesota game was with your father, and the Hawks game was with your kids. The date of the Hawks game, and its proximity to other dates, seems like a good time to go with your kids.

Tell me when I can finish reading "First".

Also, do you like the posts I left for you, in the game thread? And do you like how I tried to guess what you might be thinking or doing?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading when you told me to stop.

You can use spoiler tags next time though to make it easier to stop reading.

Easy Question: I don't think there are easy questions. I can sometimes make a case why more than one answer is a good possibility.

But, I'll go with a physical player who was targeted, Rubio or Gobert.

Let's go with Rubio.

Second question: If it's Rubio, then did you go to the Suns game too on March 15? If so, why didn't you announce it? Did you not like the special thread I made for the Minnesota game?

So if it's the Suns game, then it's Chriss and Dudley who had problems with Rubio.

If you went to the Hawks game on March 21st, then it was Schroder. Again, you didn't announce it.

I'll predict that the Minnesota game was with your father, and the Hawks game was with your kids. The date of the Hawks game, and its proximity to other dates, seems like a good time to go with your kids.

Tell me when I can finish reading "First".

Also, do you like the posts I left for you, in the game thread? And do you like how I tried to guess what you might be thinking or doing?

Yes, Rubio. Not the Hawks game. Minnesota was first. Didn't know I was going to the second game until the day of. Youngest was sick for a week, watched prices drop for the 8th row from 335 a pop down to 80 something. Included unlimited drinks and food. Pot toast, ribs, pizza, ice cream, popcorn, etc.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is "pot toast"?

Sounds like a great deal too.

And a good cheer up event for the sick kid. Even if the sick kid might not realize that they're at a game.

So was the 2nd game the Suns game?

Can I finish reading your earlier post?

Did you like the comments I left for you in the thread? Or have any reaction to them?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is "pot toast"?

Sounds like a great deal too.

And a good cheer up event for the sick kid. Even if the sick kid might not realize that they're at a game.

So was the 2nd game the Suns game?

Can I finish reading your earlier post?

Did you like the comments I left for you in the thread? Or have any reaction to them?

Yes, Minnesota and Suns. You can read the rest of the post now. :)

Yes, I liked them. Will come back to them.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to two Jazz games this year with my dad and one with my kids. Two total.

Both games there has been a fight with two players ejected.

Easy question: who was the targeted player in both?
Second question: what was the other game I went to?

First - Hint/Disclaimer: Don't read if you don't want a hint. In one of the games, the ejections weren't for the same incident.
Second - Obnoxious but Potentially Helpful Hint: The second game was after the first. ;)
Third - HUGE hint: I will tell you when I think about the Minnesota game after you answer these questions.
Fourth - Stupid Hint: These were home games.
Fifth - Obvious but narrowing the search hint: We won both games.
Sixth - For good measure hint: The ejected players were not Jazz players.
Seventh - Irrelevant Hint: Capitalization, format, and order of the hints do not matter.

I liked this hint.

It would have been a good trick to put the first game after the second.

You could have said the second game was first, because it involved a bigger confrontation.

Or it took up more time for the refs to figure out what to do and eject people. Thus it was a "bigger" incident, and thus ranked first.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota Game: Won the seats in an auction. For much less than face value. Sat behind the basket with my dad. Good upgrades of the stadium. Spent money on improving the seats instead of trying to build a new stadium. Prefer that over tax dollars and time transitioning.

Had bad luck with the balloons they hand out to distract free throw shooters. Had better luck when I put the balloon away.

Got there on time to see one of the TWolves weird shot release in shoot around.

Favors saved us in an otherwise bad start with 2-3 good shots. Thought he may end up with the game's MVP. Didn't, but he was important.

Rubio played well against his former team. Teague was, uncharacteristically I'm told, aggressive against Rubio. They didn't seem to be going at it all game or anything. He just slammed him out of the blue. When you respond to words said, it's weak. It's not like a back and forth physical deul where you are standing your ground. It's just going after the guy presumably because you feel he's a punk?

Glad they threw him out. Threw Towns out too with quick whistles. We would have beaten them anyway, but I'm still glad because a win is a win and I'd rather win than risk it. No glory in losing at full strength. I know it's better to beat their best, but nah, just get the win. That made it more likely.