• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
435 carries in college for DW.

That's more than Rodgers and Bortles combined.

It's more than the passes ARodg completed in college even. It's a lot of carries.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
435 carries in college for DW.

That's more than Rodgers and Bortles combined.

It's more than the passes ARodg completed in college even. It's a lot of carries.

I know. But as a Clemson fan, I watched every game the guy played and he really doesn't have that much interest in running and because of that he doesn't really take many big hits. He was just the best player on the field so they called a lot of running plays for him especially down by the goal line and against Alabama both times because you want the ball in your best player's hands as much as possible against a Nick Saban defense. Obviously only time will tell and I am completely biased but I honestly think he will be a top 3 quarterback this year. In fact, in a keeper league I have the option of keeping Rodgers in the 4th or Watson in the 6th and I'm going to keep Watson even though we can only keep players for one year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. But as a Clemson fan, I watched every game the guy played and he really doesn't have that much interest in running and because of that he doesn't really take many big hits. He was just the best player on the field so they called a lot of running plays for him especially down by the goal line and against Alabama both times because you want the ball in your best player's hands as much as possible against a Nick Saban defense. Obviously only time will tell and I am completely biased but I honestly think he will be a top 3 quarterback this year. In fact, in a keeper league I have the option of keeping Rodgers in the 4th or Watson in the 6th and I'm going to keep Watson even though we can only keep players for one year.
This goes back to what I said originally about avoiding guys that win with their legs. Beating people strictly on athleticism isn't a longterm solution imo.

Like watching him play. Wouldn't want to watch it on my team in the NFL. Atleast not with the draft value it takes to acquire him in the first place. Just don't see the shelf life.

Couldn't imagine letting Rodgers walk if I didn't have to. Got Wentz and ARodg in the same dynasty league. I'd trade Wentz first. Which won't be happening for awhile anyway. Lol

Can you trade Rodgers?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a tad leery on Watson. It just seemed like far too many of his big plays were like a bunch of kids playing 500 on the school grounds. I still own him, I like him, but I'm not too sure I'd gamble a whole lot on him. Trubisky I think has a shot at being a better NFL QB, I think Watson will almost always beat him in fantasy though. Mahomes on the other hand, no doubts that he'll be an elite QB by year 3 or 4...if not sooner

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This goes back to what I said originally about avoiding guys that win with their legs. Beating people strictly on athleticism isn't a longterm solution imo.

Like watching him play. Wouldn't want to watch it on my team in the NFL. Atleast not with the draft value it takes to acquire him in the first place. Just don't see the shelf life.

Couldn't imagine letting Rodgers walk if I didn't have to. Got Wentz and ARodg in the same dynasty league. I'd trade Wentz first. Which won't be happening for awhile anyway. Lol

Can you trade Rodgers?

No it's in Lefty's league and once the season is over there are no trades. In both of our leagues we have a rule that you can only keep two guys and they have to be at different positions. They are kept in the round they were drafted the year before and free agents are 6th round keepers. I drafted Rodgers in the 4th last year and then picked up Watson after somebody dropped him so he would be a 6th rounder. Plus you can only keep guys one year. We do that so everybody gets a chance to own guys. I don't understand keeper leagues that just let you keep guys for multiple years as many times as you want because to me that should be left to dynasty leagues.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's in Lefty's league and once the season is over there are no trades. In both of our leagues we have a rule that you can only keep two guys and they have to be at different positions. They are kept in the round they were drafted the year before and free agents are 6th round keepers. I drafted Rodgers in the 4th last year and then picked up Watson after somebody dropped him so he would be a 6th rounder. Plus you can only keep guys one year. We do that so everybody gets a chance to own guys. I don't understand keeper leagues that just let you keep guys for multiple years as many times as you want because to me that should be left to dynasty leagues.
I've never played in anything that was round specific like that.

Or year to year.

But I have played in Dynasty Leagues that you can only keep a certain amount. Which is a keeper league, not a Dynasty League. But that's a whole other thing.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love this conversation guys. L-O-V-E it!
Thought you might be interested in this....
Deshaun Watson averaged 38.4 rush yards per game.
So I looked up all QB in the last 20 years who averaged 38 YPG or more.
Here's the complete list sorted by rush yards for the season:​

tmp.png

My opinion is, as much as there are some dynamic and explosive QB on this list, I also know that this same group of QB have had disappointing seasons from a fantasy perspective.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My opinion is, as much as there are some dynamic and explosive QB on this list, I also know that this same group of QB have had disappointing seasons from a fantasy perspective.
Buncha guys I've never owned. Lol

In all fairness, Mike Vick is one of my favorite players ever. Just not a guy I went after in fantasy.

I remember one year in Suicide, I took TWO Bills QBs. Neither of them named Tyrod. Lol

It was not a good season for me, or my boy EJ Manual.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to say, the name I was shocked to see on this list was Daunte Culpepper. I don't remember him running much at all and he had 609 yards a 10 freaking touchdowns in a season. Absolutely shocked me!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a tad leery on Watson. It just seemed like far too many of his big plays were like a bunch of kids playing 500 on the school grounds. I still own him, I like him, but I'm not too sure I'd gamble a whole lot on him. Trubisky I think has a shot at being a better NFL QB, I think Watson will almost always beat him in fantasy though. Mahomes on the other hand, no doubts that he'll be an elite QB by year 3 or 4...if not sooner
arent you afraid that trubs own team was afraid to let him throw last yeaer at times

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arent you afraid that trubs own team was afraid to let him throw last yeaer at times
I think any intelligent coach SHOULD be resistant to let their rookie QB throw more the absolutely necessary. Kid doesn't have immediate success, he could be lost forever.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Maholmes over both.

But definitely Watson over Trubisky. Even with injury risk factored in.

I also like Maholmes, but its mostly because he got to sit a year and he's got Andy as a coach he landed in a great spot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any intelligent coach SHOULD be resistant to let their rookie QB throw more the absolutely necessary. Kid doesn't have immediate success, he could be lost forever.
Back in the day yes. But if your taken too 3 and playing, you gotta let him play

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plan was for him to sit all year and Glennon to play..so...what difference does it make? Bears would be in the same position either way
If it’s me and theybtraded to get me and I’m
In he game And they won’t let me throw THATS a confidence rattler

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it’s me and theybtraded to get me and I’m
In he game And they won’t let me throw THATS a confidence rattler
I've heard both sides and there's a legitimate argument on either side.
But the way it was reported locally was that Trubs was a guy with raw skills and limited starter experience.
Plus zero experience behind center.
They needed to get Trubs comfortable taking snaps under center.
Bears have failed miserably with QB.
As much as I see the argument for "trial under fire", the brass wanted Trubs to learn the NFL game as well as the position and bring him along slowly, deliberately.
They didn't want another Grossman, McNown or (insert QB here from last 20 years).

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard both sides and there's a legitimate argument on either side.
But the way it was reported locally was that Trubs was a guy with raw skills and limited starter experience.
Plus zero experience behind center.
They needed to get Trubs comfortable taking snaps under center.
Bears have failed miserably with QB.
As much as I see the argument for "trial under fire", the brass wanted Trubs to learn the NFL game as well as the position and bring him along slowly, deliberately.
They didn't want another Grossman, McNown or (insert QB here from last 20 years).
Fair enough

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. I think that teams that just throw a QB out there are essentially expecting him to win games based on his raw talent. And as has been discussed, talent has its place but it can also train a QB to rely less on the other 10 players on the field with him. That attitude usually catches up to a QB

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that might be some interesting research.
Compare QB who started immediately vs those that sat first.
Obviously Rodgers and Brady fall into the "sat" category.