• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Men's Basketball 2017

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Menzies better go find an assistant that can coach defense, that's terrible. Flat footed, can't tell the difference between man or zone, and have no clue as to who has who....

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bad?

I didn't see it...
They are chasing their tails on the court....
what is sad, they have the talent to beat anyone in the conference but they also have the inept to lose to any team in the conference.

I said to PeteG a bit back I would give Menzies this year and start judging next season but wow I think I am wrong. What is he even doing?

UNLV will probably always be able to recruit pretty good but we need a coach that can put it together on the court.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Pete for getting our hopes up this would be a tourney team this year!

:behindsofa:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to watching UNLV tonight. I don't think they'll catch those jackasses in reno but I'd still like to see them get 20+ wins this year.

sspre_unlv_111212jl_001.jpg

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not to beat a dead horse, but it could be a serious conversation come this summer, Izzo might be looking for a job why not see if there is any interest on his part to relocating to Vegas?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not to beat a dead horse, but it could be a serious conversation come this summer, Izzo might be looking for a job why not see if there is any interest on his part to relocating to Vegas?

Depends on what Izzo really knows. If it turns out he's been aware of what's going on @ Michigan State I don't want him anywhere near UNLV. One thing for sure though, I never wanna see that asshole Slick Rick Pitino in Vegas.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Pete for getting our hopes up this would be a tourney team this year!

:behindsofa:
Yeah fuck you guys. They beat SDSU, not that they are the class of the conference like in the past, but it had been a long time since we beat them.

Should have beat SJST last night by 25, but they kept letting those talentless cunts hang around. The fans have basically stopped showing up, and I havent heard any clamouring for menzies head, but I dont know what they are coaching.

Jovan Mooring is either hot or not. Last night he kept chucking up shoots, and should have been yanked off the floor.

Listened to an assistent coach get interviewed on the radio and something he said has been sticking in my mind like a thorn, and it pretty much tells the story. He said, when refering to something that menzies tells the players," the first 16 minutes of every half is yours, the last 4 is mine." So you just turn them loose to play how they see fit for 80% of each half? What coach says that to their players? Not encouraging talk, and kind of sums up their shitty shot selection, and poor defensive sets.

Rebounding is still the most glaring, lack of effort, aspect of their game. Rebounds are all effort, and only our big men are rebounding. McCoy and Juiston are getting 90% of the rebounds. Part of that is Mooring chucking up shots with 20 sec on the shot clock and no one under the hoop, but most is just a general lack of effort. Have not seen someone hit the floor after a loose ball in a LONG time.

Not going to beat Reno, or Boise, playing with less than every once of effort they have.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IZZO will not coach in vegas. We simply cant afford him, even coming off of a scandal. Highly doubtful

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah fuck you guys. They beat SDSU, not that they are the class of the conference like in the past, but it had been a long time since we beat them.

Should have beat SJST last night by 25, but they kept letting those talentless cunts hang around. The fans have basically stopped showing up, and I havent heard any clamouring for menzies head, but I dont know what they are coaching.

Jovan Mooring is either hot or not. Last night he kept chucking up shoots, and should have been yanked off the floor.

Listened to an assistent coach get interviewed on the radio and something he said has been sticking in my mind like a thorn, and it pretty much tells the story. He said, when refering to something that menzies tells the players," the first 16 minutes of every half is yours, the last 4 is mine." So you just turn them loose to play how they see fit for 80% of each half? What coach says that to their players? Not encouraging talk, and kind of sums up their shitty shot selection, and poor defensive sets..

That has got to be the most stupidest thing I have ever heard/read....
So you cut them loose to play street ball for 16 minutes and they'll reel them back in?

:L

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just when you think they are done they go and do this....
no kidding... I think I said it earlier this season, UNLV has the ability/talent to beat anyone in the conference but they can also lose to anyone in the conference and that is the problem. They played BSU pretty good too and had opportunities to win that game. Bone head mistakes in crunch time have really hurt this team.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no kidding... I think I said it earlier this season, UNLV has the ability/talent to beat anyone in the conference but they can also lose to anyone in the conference and that is the problem. They played BSU pretty good too and had opportunities to win that game. Bone head mistakes in crunch time have really hurt this team.

They probably should have beaten Boise. That’s either 7 of 8 or 8 of 9 they’ve lost to them which must be frustrating as hell for a Rebels fan. Boise is 7-1 in games decided by 5 points or less. That’s going to catch up to us sooner or later.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably should have beaten Boise. That’s either 7 of 8 or 8 of 9 they’ve lost to them which must be frustrating as hell for a Rebels fan. Boise is 7-1 in games decided by 5 points or less. That’s going to catch up to us sooner or later.

It's definitely quite worrisome for us

I'm worried about today's game even, Logan is a pretty tough place to play and it's sandwiched between all these tough games we've been in and the huge Nevada game on Wednesday.

at the same time this close game execution should help us in the long run if we get a chance in the tournament. We'll probably end up in the first four again if anything and so far each appearance there we've lost in a close game.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they beat garbage Reno!
Renos top scorer was out with injury, and now looks like it may be more serious than they orginally thought. Only reason we beat them I think. Reno only plays 6 or 7 guys, so when they lose one of their top guys, its a huge impact. Fuck them though, and they are UNR for life. Cunnts!

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frustrating yeah. However as a Rebel fan its more frustrating to watch how the team has been run recently. They just can't get over the "hump" of mediocrity. Every season there always seems to be a missing piece or two that keeps them from being really good. I really didn't have high hopes for this team to begin with this season they have already done better than I thought they would, but they did encourage hope early in the season. Once they started conference play they crumbled.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Renos top scorer was out with injury, and now looks like it may be more serious than they orginally thought. Only reason we beat them I think. Reno only plays 6 or 7 guys, so when they lose one of their top guys, its a huge impact. Fuck them though, and they are UNR for life. Cunnts!
UNR is fuckin gross... I don't even want to talk about them anymore.... Talking about Reno is like going into a goodwill, you don't want to touch anything cause you know you will need to shower if you do. Now I need a shower

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah the Runnin' Rebels game in on tonight. Not that I have anything against Wyoming (they aren't nevaaaada-reeeeno) fuck 'em anyway though!