• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Suicide B draft thread

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have done this sooner... But oh well, still slow season so its as good a time as any

QB: Brady, Carr

*Like every year I tentatively wait to grab my elite tier QB. I usually aim to be the 2nd to 4th guy to take one. Almost pulled the trigger in the 4th, but I opted to wait & was glad I did. As soon as I saw Wilson go to Harold I knew it wouldn't wait another round. A healthy Gronk lured me to Brady's corner. Had my eyes on Watson & Brees, but didn't feel as confident with either. Later on played the waiting game on my backup. The group was fairly equal in my eyes and it had 5-6 guys that were all worthy. Waiting gave me a chance to fill some voids. Feel pretty confident that Gruden gets a bounce back year from Carr.

RB: McCaffrey, Ajayi, Hyde, Lewis

*I knew my options were going to be slim at RB when I went back to back WR to open the draft. No regrets though as I landed 2 top 10 FF scorers last season which is exactly what I should have done. Getting McCaffrey in the 3rd was solid. After that was sort of a crapshoot. I know a lot of people are down on Ajayi, but he's still the guy until proven otherwise. And with that Philly O-line, he's as good a gamble as any at that point. Hyde & Lewis will likely be committee type players worthy of flexing. Not exactly enthused with this group and it could very well be my weakpoint, but I'm happy to lean on my WRs. No matching bye-weeks helps.

WR: A Brown, K Allen, Fitzgerald, Woods, Sanders

*The more I think about this group, the more it excites me. My top 3 are going to be hard to beat. All 3 were monsters last season, and the arrow is still pointed up. Nothin needs to be said about Brown & Allen. Their resumes & accolades speak for themselves. Fitz is a tough one to figure. On the brink of retirement & on a team in transition. I have confidence that Bradford or Rosen will develop a solid trust in Fitz early in camps. Kirk could climb up the pecking order to WR1 but its Fitz's job for at least another year. Woods had excellent chemistry with Goff last season and developed into the WR1 in LA. I know Kupp & Cooks will contend for targets so I'm sure there will be some lean games. Will have to see how that offense unfolds. I was surprised to see so many people passing on Sanders. In a contract year & received a huge upgrade at QB, there's still a lot to like. My WRs will be my rock this season, and I didn't have a single matching bye-week.

TE: Walker

*One of the elder statesman of the TE group, but he's consistently finishing top 5 at the position every year. How he fell to the 8th round was a bit surprising to me considering the TEs taken before him. Lotta hype picks with little substance. Hoping to see Delanie continue his success in that system.

D/ST: Eagles

*ECR had them ranked top 3 IIRC, and I took them as the 7th DST off the board. Very surprising. SuperBowl teams tend to struggle, but their defense is still loaded with talent.

K: Gould

*Could be fools gold here, but his stats were off the charts once Garropalopadingdong took over under center. The 49ers are finally on the upswing and I'm hoping that Gould stays reliable. In any event, my formula for picking kickers is to always avoid matching bye-weeks with either my TE or D/ST. He fits the bill.

Overall I'm confident with this group enough to call it FF playoff caliber. I will be leaning on my WRs to overcome my possible RB inadequacies. But Im' confident enough in the rest of my team. Just hoping to avoid the injury plague this year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like its you & me week 1 @Ritzarmy

Going to be an interesting matchup. Our QBs are actually facing off week 1, so that could be a fun shootout to watch. I think my entire team has fairly favorable matchups on paper that week. Not sure how I'm going to play my RBs yet.