• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the playoffs start on my birthday I hope that means you guys will let me win!

source.gif

OdmL.gif

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry folks work hit again. I love my job in that I have all the free time I want, but when I get a call I have to drop everything and take care of whatever needs taken care of.

Ok I will start with FA.

The WW is open from Monday at 3 am to Saturday at 3 am. Between Saturday at 3 am and Sunday at 3 am FA are open to first come first serve. No FAAB or FIFO or anything else. We just extended the WW period each week.

On to scheduling

The first two weeks are setup to run together. So Tomorrow through Sunday the 8th.
What this means long term is the All Star week is still a short week that are pitching limits are basically thrown out the window. The season will run 22 periods and the playoffs will start on September the 3rd and run for three weeks. The final week of the MLB regular season will not be used.

Those were the two things we discussed that most were in favor of this offseason.
Any other questions ask away.

@bksballer89 @MilkSpiller22 @Yellow Fuzzies @jwolt92 @Chef99 @TKOSpikes @Nosferatu @broncosmitty @molsaniceman @Driaz @tlance
Ok u realize this means u cant pick up anybody on mondays after 3 am and before the games start If im understanding this correctly:suds:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Salvador Perez is out 4-6 weeks.

Good thing I used my final pick on another catcher

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok u realize this means u cant pick up anybody on mondays after 3 am and before the games start If im understanding this correctly:suds:

That is correct. I can change it to later in the day on Mondays if that is what the majority want. The issue I have is some Mondays the games start as early as 11 am. So whatever time we decide on has to be before that.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is correct. I can change it to later in the day on Mondays if that is what the majority want. The issue I have is some Mondays the games start as early as 11 am. So whatever time we decide on has to be before that.
actually i thought that was a premium feature but i guess we can see how the 1st week goes and maybe change it if everyone wants to
Who will be the 1st one to need somebody at 5 pm monday?:suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance must really love Curtis Granderson! :pound::pound::pound:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry folks work hit again. I love my job in that I have all the free time I want, but when I get a call I have to drop everything and take care of whatever needs taken care of.

Ok I will start with FA.

The WW is open from Monday at 3 am to Saturday at 3 am. Between Saturday at 3 am and Sunday at 3 am FA are open to first come first serve. No FAAB or FIFO or anything else. We just extended the WW period each week.

On to scheduling

The first two weeks are setup to run together. So Tomorrow through Sunday the 8th.
What this means long term is the All Star week is still a short week that are pitching limits are basically thrown out the window. The season will run 22 periods and the playoffs will start on September the 3rd and run for three weeks. The final week of the MLB regular season will not be used.

Those were the two things we discussed that most were in favor of this offseason.
Any other questions ask away.

@bksballer89 @MilkSpiller22 @Yellow Fuzzies @jwolt92 @Chef99 @TKOSpikes @Nosferatu @broncosmitty @molsaniceman @Driaz @tlance

I will be honest.

I hate this.

Need to make roster moves today and I can't because players are locked. We need to be able to make pickups on the day that lineups lock.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also,

I see absolutely no reason to lock FAs during the week in an active league like this. Zero upside to that. Whoever is fastest to the hot pickup should get the player.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be honest.

I hate this.

Need to make roster moves today and I can't because players are locked. We need to be able to make pickups on the day that lineups lock.

also,

I see absolutely no reason to lock FAs during the week in an active league like this. Zero upside to that. Whoever is fastest to the hot pickup should get the player.

We had an informal vote on 4 different rule changes. As long as we got 7 years i implemented the rule. I just sent back in looked at the discussions and found that i have made a mistake. We did have a majority vote for an added pitcher and for the changes in the schedule. We also had a majority no vote to vote down lineup changes during the week. Now my mistake was on the WW changes, it looks like only 4 people voted on this. They were all yes votes, but four is less then seven and this change SHOULD NOT have been put iin. So I need to take it out, but in order to do it fairly i am going to leave all players on waivers until Wednesday this week. Then things will go back to the way they were. Sorry guys this one is 100% on me.

@Driaz @jwolt92 @Chef99 @MilkSpiller22 @bksballer89 @molsaniceman @Nosferatu @Yellow Fuzzies @broncosmitty @TKOSpikes

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had an informal vote on 4 different rule changes. As long as we got 7 years i implemented the rule. I just sent back in looked at the discussions and found that i have made a mistake. We did have a majority vote for an added pitcher and for the changes in the schedule. We also had a majority no vote to vote down lineup changes during the week. Now my mistake was on the WW changes, it looks like only 4 people voted on this. They were all yes votes, but four is less then seven and this change SHOULD NOT have been put iin. So I need to take it out, but in order to do it fairly i am going to leave all players on waivers until Wednesday this week. Then things will go back to the way they were. Sorry guys this one is 100% on me.

@Driaz @jwolt92 @Chef99 @MilkSpiller22 @bksballer89 @molsaniceman @Nosferatu @Yellow Fuzzies @broncosmitty @TKOSpikes

Thanks. Appreciate you

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know what is going on, but I have full faith in you obx.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@obxyankeefan , just to clarify on the lineup changes during the week; should be open until a short time before the first game on Monday, yes? After that, every change made is done for the next week?

Just checkin'; I think you're doing a great job as well.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@obxyankeefan , just to clarify on the lineup changes during the week; should be open until a short time before the first game on Monday, yes? After that, every change made is done for the next week?

Just checkin'; I think you're doing a great job as well.

Yes everything should be FA until the first game of the week starts and then every player becomes a FA for the following week. That will start after Wednesday, I am leaving it as WW until then to make certain everyone has time to notice the change.

As far as what happened here, I made a mistake and am trying to rectify it in the fairest way possible. But I do appreciate the good remarks.